• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Physical Strength

Guest Donna Jean

Guest Donna Jean

Well, as advertised...

It's said that a male to female Transsexual will lose up to 30% of their strength on HRT

Well, I can vouch for that!

Although I was never very strong to begin with...

I was laying a floor in a room that we had built...4X8 sheets of 3/4" plywood...I had been working on it for some time before HRT...

9 Months into HRT I could no longer move the sheets by myself...

My wife saw me struggle and when I was away for a week ...she hired a couple of Amish men to finish the floor for me..Thank you, Honey!

My friend, Lizzy, says she could always throw the garbage into the curbside bin with one hand before...

Now she can hardly do it with 2 hands and struggles to lift it in at all!

If you've been on HRT....have you noticed this effect at all?

How much has it affected you?

Weak Huggs......

Donna Jean

When I started working as a courier driver,I was four months in transition.

We were delivering office supplies for a major supplier.Each box of standard

office paper weighs 51lbs, and I could barely move a box,much less sort and

load the routes full delivery.Over time I grew in strength and size again,working

five days a week.By the time I left because it just became to dang hard and heavy,

I could throw around those boxes of paper even stack them ten boxes high.(no kidding)

Now,ten months have passed without the daily hard labor,and my arms have finally

taken on the size and shape of a small woman.I went to the grocery store to get a big

bag of dog food.When I went to pick it up,I could hardly move it off the shelf,then struggled to put it in the cart.Sue and I were laughing at my predicament and how weak we have become.I may not be as weak as a kitten yet,but I sure am getting close.

Huuuuuugggggssssssssssssssssss,

Angie

This worries me, I got sacked from my last job because I was always down, I was down because I had to do a lot of lifting which made me worry about my upper body bulking out :P

I will hopefully be starting work again soon but if there is a lot of lifting involved I worry the same thing could happen again :S

4 months in I've noticed that even when I hang out laundry my arms get tried and carrying a basket around the supermarket is getting harder as well, I don't want to upgrade to the trolley because I disagree with the money deposit system they use..lol :P

Guest rachael1

load the routes full delivery.Over time I grew in strength and size again,working

five days a week.By the time I left because it just became to dang hard and heavy,

I could throw around those boxes of paper even stack them ten boxes high.(no kidding)

Now,ten months have passed without the daily hard labor,and my arms have finally

taken on the size and shape of a small woman.I went to the grocery store to get a big

bag of dog food.When I went to pick it up,I could hardly move it off the shelf,then struggled to put it in the cart.Sue and I were laughing at my predicament and how weak we have become.I may not be as weak as a kitten yet,but I sure am getting close.

Angie

I think that's the key Angie, if you want to maintain some strength than it's just a matter of working out at the gym.

Workouts like Pilates and other endurance type training won't build up muscle bulk but will increase strength. You will still have the lean look but will be toned and a lot stronger.

Rachael

I wish I could say that I have lost strength- but almost a year now on the patch and I still have these ugly muscular arms and shoulders

Michele,

In my past life I was a body builder for decades.As one guy told me,"man you got some guns."

I had 17" biceps with bulging triceps and massive shoulders.To look at me now,I look like a well

toned woman,with small womens arms.Give it time with your system being constantly saturated,

and your whole body becomes femininized,eventually even your bulging arms.It wont matter if

you are working out lightly for tone and strength training,the estrogens will not allow your body

to add any bulk,what you get will look like any other womans.

Hugs,

Angie

I have never had much strength. At most maybe bench 30lbs. I have been on HRT for about 7 months. I have noticed some strength loss. Mostly when trying to picking up my son. The thing that I have noticed for sure is that I have no muscle tone or definition now. My arms always had a wiry look to them prior to HRT.

Janis

Well, as advertised...

It's said that a male to female Transsexual will lose up to 30% of their strength on HRT

Well, I can vouch for that!

Although I was never very strong to begin with...

I was laying a floor in a room that we had built...4X8 sheets of 3/4" plywood...I had been working on it for some time before HRT...

9 Months into HRT I could no longer move the sheets by myself...

My wife saw me struggle and when I was away for a week ...she hired a couple of Amish men to finish the floor for me..Thank you, Honey!

My friend, Lizzy, says she could always throw the garbage into the curbside bin with one hand before...

Now she can hardly do it with 2 hands and struggles to lift it in at all!

If you've been on HRT....have you noticed this effect at all?

How much has it affected you?

Weak Huggs......

Donna Jean

Hi Donna Jean,

Been talkin to a few of my sisters here at home re loss of strength/ muscle mass etc

and all agree , hrt wins the battle there ok . I aint being silly or anything but ya know what hun,

since I started laser hair removal /buying womens clothes etc I have lost some strength and I

believe that gives credit to another posters claim re the power of the mind having an effect on

physiology . Any way Donna Jean, what ever feminises me is welcome at my table, wont come

quickly enough for me , oh hurry up . Luv, viv :)

Angie

I myself had wondered about that question. I hopefully am going to start hormones in a few months. What about my musculiar arms, will I lose that and have more girlie arms so to speak I hope so, I have broad shoulders as well, I would like to lose those, but I was told that thats not possible.

Melisa

Guest Heather taru

I can't wait.

I've never been very muscular, even when I worked out constantly in the academy, but what I do have bothers me. Can't wait for that to change.

• Admin

Yikes, Donna Jean!

Given my size already (5'3") and general lack of muscle mass, I'm going to

end up as the proverbial helpless little woman by the time I get into a year or

two of HRT.

I guess I'll have to rely on my son to help out his weak second mother lift those

grocery bags. ;)

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean
9 months of HRT seems to be around the time most people start to notice big differences in themselves.

OMG, ain't that the truth, Ashley.....

All kinds of things happening now...and the strength is just one of them...

I think that it's starting to get cranked up anymore!

HUGGS ON YOU!

Donna Jean

Guest Nekomata

I'm going to play devil's advocate here and share my story.

I'm stronger as a girl than I was as a guy. That means I was a very pathetic man!

There's um this boxer game at the mall you hit a punching bag your hardest and you get a score. All the strong guys come in and have contests on it and the biggest score is about 850 or so. I hit 650 as a guy 2 years ago. Yeah, wimpy.

Flash forward 2 years HRT later...

So um a few days ago I went in there and tried it again, expecting much less than 650 as a test to see how my muscles have gone down. I belted that thing KAPOWEEEEEEEEEEEEE 750 points! Omg girl me > boy me wtfffffffffffffffff.

addendum to my first message.

I found out yesterday that I have lost more strength than I though. I was moving my bass amp, I used to be able to pick up the head with one hand. Well I unplug everything and grab the handle to move if off of the speakers and UMMPH! It only moves a little. My friends all are watching me trying to move this amp. I put both hands around the handle and am able to get it off of the speaker cabinet. Luckily one of my friends came over and said "I'll get it you seem to be having some problems." We all got a laugh over it.

Janis

Guest Donna Jean

Janis...

Sweetie, I'm a musician, too...

I have an Ampeg guitar amp and it has two 12" Black Widow speakers and it's REALLY heavy ..

I've always been able to move it around by picking it up by the handle on top...Well, not anymore and I won't ask my wife to move it for me...

I bolted a set of casters on the bottom and now I can wheel it around the house!

The times are a changin'.....

PS, be careful strapping on a guitar...if you smack the girls...you PAY!

Love

Donna Jean

lol! I have a heavy bass amp as well with a 4x12 and a 1x15 that I'm scared to even try and move, I've been thinking about jamming again as well. hhhmmmmm my need to focus on finding a boyfriend first lol! :P