• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Know I'm A Women, But

Guest Melissa 67

I know I'm a women, and I'm really ready to transition; I sometimes wonder if I'll look 100%-female which I've always wanted. I mean I still wear my panties, bras, and everything else, except I only wear dresses and skirts in private for now( Thats what my therapists had told me I sshould do for know)

but I am still a little apprehensive do to the fact that I might not look totally female. I mean my friends, or should I say a few of them told me it would never happen, that I would need a magic- wand, and even then I would never pass as a female.

Melisa

Guest Charlene_Leona

Hon when I first started my transition my brother told me that I would always look like a guy in drag and I was just as apprehensive as you are. I'm three years into transition now and yesterday I had to go for my first mammogram and I passed 100% with all the women that I had to deal with yesterday. Once you are on hormones for a period of at least two years your face will have rounded out enough to look ok and for me I had an orchiectomy a little over a year ago and within three months I was passing with no problem. This will happen for you the longer you stick with the program. Don't let other people tell you you will never pass they don't know either.

Charlene Leona

Hon when I first started my transition my brother told me that I would always look like a guy in drag and I was just as apprehensive as you are. I'm three years into transition now and yesterday I had to go for my first mammogram and I passed 100% with all the women that I had to deal with yesterday. Once you are on hormones for a period of at least two years your face will have rounded out enough to look ok and for me I had an orchiectomy a little over a year ago and within three months I was passing with no problem. This will happen for you the longer you stick with the program. Don't let other people tell you you will never pass they don't know either.

Charlene Leona

Thanks for telling me that. You look great in your picture of yourself. I hope I look that good. Can you answer another question I have? The thing is I unfortunatly have extremley masculine features: body hair. a large mascline brow( you know, just above my eyebrows.) I was told I have features like Teddy Brewskie from the patroits. Will hormones take care of that stuff?

Guest SusanKG

Hi Melissa,

I feel that what Charlene said is pretty accurate, as you progress, the changes will amaze you. That, by the way, is from observation and study, not from experience. I feel that it will be confirmed by others. But, more importantly, if you expect to end up looking like a model or Playmate, you are probably going to be disappointed. Some do, but is that the goal? To be a cheerleader? Remember, most GGs do not look like cheerleaders in spite of their own role-model desires. I hate to say this about either of us, but if we enter an ugly girl contest, I'll bet I win! Not to even try to talk for you, just me, but I would much, much, much rather be an unattractive girl than ______, fill in your favorite male role-model.

SusanKG

Thanks for telling me that. You look great in your picture of yourself. I hope I look that good. Can you answer another question I have? The thing is I unfortunatly have extremley masculine features: body hair. a large mascline brow( you know, just above my eyebrows.) I was told I have features like Teddy Brewskie from the patroits. Will hormones take care of that stuff?

Hi Melisa,

You know I have seen hormones do wonders re feminising a trans womans face. Your brow will probably have to be

surgically corrected , this does not have to be done today or tomorrow, wait as Charlene Leona suggested to see what hrt

will do re your face , then see what you can do re affordability etc to "finish off the job". You will be ok hun, wait and see,

Luv, viv :)

I mean my friends, or should I say a few of them told me it would never happen, that I would need a magic- wand, and even then I would never pass as a female.

Melisa

Wrong Sista,

Two and a half years ago,I was told I would make an ugly woman and would never pass.

In truth,passing as all about Attitude.You carry yourself with confidence,know you belong,

and plain and simple you do.HRT is truly a magic formula.It takes who we had to be,and

frees the woman who had to reside on the inside and makes her the woman on the outside

and sets her free in the world.Transition is all about being patient.There will be profound

changes before you know it.And you friends don't know squat,you are a woman just waiting

to take her rightful place in this world.

The picture in my avatar is really me at two years in transition.

Hugs of Confidence Melisa,

Angie

Guest Joanna Phipps
I know I'm a women, and I'm really ready to transition; I sometimes wonder if I'll look 100%-female which I've always wanted. I mean I still wear my panties, bras, and everything else, except I only wear dresses and skirts in private for now( Thats what my therapists had told me I sshould do for know)

but I am still a little apprehensive do to the fact that I might not look totally female. I mean my friends, or should I say a few of them told me it would never happen, that I would need a magic- wand, and even then I would never pass as a female.

Melisa

If you saw a pic of me 3 years ago and saw one of me now you wouldnt believe that they are the same person. I am three months into HRT and the Estrogen has been doing wonders(maybe too much but thats another story). Once your T gets knocked down by what ever antiandrogen you are on and Estrogen takes over the changes can be astounding. I looked at myself in the mirror the other day trying to find traces of the old me, except for a bit of beard left over there was nothing I could find. I pass 98% of the time, the other 2% being the students at the middle school where my wife works, they can be cruel in the extremem but find that I just ignore them.

@angie, you are so right about attitude, hold your head up, act like you belong and you magically seem to belong. My avatar is of me earlier this month.

Guest Donna Jean

Melissa....

People tend to discount the sheer power of hormones...

Me and two girlfriends from this site spent a week together in a southern city...female 24/7

We passed 100%

Ok, now here's the kicker...we are 58, 59 and 62 years old and had been on hormones 3 mos. 7 mos and 10 month respectively!

I guess that I would have to tell you that if three old broads can pull it off, well dang, there is hope for anyone...Two of the girls were 6'2" and 6'4"...just big girls!

When you go hormones, a lot of magic will happen and you will be surprised by the changes......

Never give up, Dear....

Love

Donna Jean

Guest SusanKG

Gee Girls, Melissa was iin need of some encouragement, and I hope she feels she received it. I know I needed it and got a good dose myself! Bring on the contrest! Thanks ladies. :D

SusanKG

I'm too modest to ever say I am a woman, it just seems silly.

All I have done is watch videos and read comments by TG detractors,

who explain away all the reasons I am this way.

Certainly after all the Hormones I have taken I feel very unlike the person before.

Unfortunately, I have no one in my life who supports me, so I am my own Team and Cheerleading Squad,

in one person.

Just by accepting myself I deal very well with the world I am in, even though I have had to send my information

to the ACLU to feel safe from useless public officials and the good God-fearing country folks and mostly

straight when not in prison types I am surrounded by.

My life sucks to a degree I wouldn't wish on anyone, although I did meet a Lesbian who was freindly to me,

I just don't see myself being friends with women as freinds or as lovers.

Accepting yourself can obviously go ALONG way.

Look at me, I live alone...have no support in my community. Have no doctors and virtually no medical support

and I still like myself and feel good.

One day I hope to be able to move into a better area of my state, and not be such a subject of harassment by the police

and gangster types.

You have to just accept yourself and smile alot.

Maybe make a "Goals" list and stick to that.

I accept myself as being this way ,and that it is a result of several different things in my life, out of my control

that made me this way.

Then, I accept that i will try to go as far as I can in my transition, and not be disappointed with what others think

Although, my results have been average or even above average, IMHO.

At least other TG's will be nice to you.

Sometimes they are the only people I feel really could understand my life, and others seem to be a different race of people.

I think we have many advantages over them, and if it isn't some kind of threat, why are we univerally disliked everywhere?

Most people are not safe and happy in who and what they are, and we remind them of that FACT.

Never forget to understand how others project onto you the things they hate in themselves.

And the more someone complains about something, gosh they often are guilty of it.

A useful tool for self-examination, indeed.

People who can't accept us often don't like themselves and are following a TV script they started memorizing as a child.

Anything or anyone that challenges their world of Conformity is "bad"

Hope I'm not being too deep--it's just my opinion that people are "asleep at the wheel" and hate on me because they hate themsleves

and would be better served examining their own life and fixing their own broke down way of operating, but bother me

instaed because they are all a hiearchy of self-hating bullies.

They simply repeat from top to bottom their predatory way, until it reaches me, where ever i am on the food chain of humanity.

The people that should protect the weaker people are instaed traitors to humanity as they use their talents to hurt and maim

others, just as they learned form their masters.

Usually some goofy TV Psychic type.

It's a messed up world, and i truthfully don't feel part of it and probably think of myself as a misfit and

the world around me as some bad TV show, with people playing roles they didn't choose.

So, I view humanity as a bunch of sleepwalkers, who don't know themselves.

Carl Jung wrote about this some, in The shadow Self, he may have called it.

I don't think i'm better than these other people , I just think they never have had whatever breakthrough i have had.

But, I have lost everything in life, and am re-building!

The unexamined life isn't worth living?

Katie

Melisa

What ever you do do not go by what your friends say.most of them just do not under stand people like use, and will say any thing to make you be what you don`t want to be.as fare as just dressing at home in privacy there is nothing wrong with that.the truth is is better to start out like that.That way experiment with different out fits and make up and ever thing.

people see me out and about as Jonie all the time.there is always some one that knows that I am a biological man. truth is the most of them say that I do a very good job with transforming my self.

it takes a lot of practice believe me it dose. I thought I could never ever get close to looking like a woman that I wanted to be.I proved my self wrong. I finally figured out what collars and what clothes that went with me.

I bought many of out fits and could not wear them because they did not look right on me. I did the same way with make up as well. it just takes lots of experimenting with it all before you can find your self as you see your self in your mined. keep working on it no matter what ooh it also took me many of wigs to find out what went with me as well. It is a hard job finding your self but it can be done. Jonie

Melisa---Hon, don't under-estimate the transforming powers of make-up, the right color and style of hair and clothes which are flattering and accent your feminity as Jonie mentioned. Learning these are an art and a skill and like any skill take practice---for any woman. I was lucky to have grown up with a mother who was a runway model and 2 sisters who competed in beauty pageants so it seemed I learned a lot from osmosis! It would be great if you could find a mentor to help you with your "look." I think you might be amazed!

Ricka

Melisa---Hon, don't under-estimate the transforming powers of make-up, the right color and style of hair and clothes which are flattering and accent your feminity. Learning these are an art and a skill and like any skill take practice---for any woman. I think you might be amazed!

Ricka

Makeup can work magic and accentuate your natural womans features,once you learn how to

apply it right.I like to see the major difference in my appearance,by the simple application of

mascara and eyeliner,add the lipliner for defining,then with the right shade of lipstick for the finish and wha-laa,like magic,a pretty woman.I never thought the day would come when I could pass

so easily and that is with just the wonders of hormone therapy.

Smile,

Angie