• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Session Timing

Guest Sarah_C

Guest Sarah_C

Two weeks between sessions is killing me, Is it standard or just my case :). I've gotten to the point I am using an online journal to organize the 300 thoughts I am having!

• Admin

Unless your therapist is extremely busy, its probably up to you to determine the frequency of

visits. The more often you go, the more $$ they get, so there is no reason they should object.

I've even heard of 2-3 times per week or long sessions when someone is in crisis.

Of course, in Canada things may be entirely different, and I apologize if this info is not

relevant to your situation.

My G.T. felt that once a week was good for the first 3 months, as we had so many things to

talk about, much like you. But now that I have settled my mind around transition and

other issues have resolved well, we are going to twice-monthly visits.

I would just bring it up to your therapist next time you see them.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

Honey....

Are you seeing a therapist per the National Health?

Is that what they allow?

If you can...and you want more, I see no reason not to attend weekly...

That should help you get your thoughts organized and out into the open....

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Sarah_C

No clue what national health is?

I am doing it through a counseling program set up for government employees that is separate from the government so it will not affect our jobs. It's all covered by the government.

My therapists is extremly over-loaded with patients so I see her once-a-month, its not easy on me to have my sessions spaced out so much, especially because I want to have the opportunity to talk about these issues. I would love to have them at least twice-a-month; my therapists says they are trying to work on it. Well until they do thats what I've got to work with. You girls that say you can go every two weeks are lucky.

Love

Melisa

Guest Joanna Phipps
No clue what national health is?

I am doing it through a counseling program set up for government employees that is separate from the government so it will not affect our jobs. It's all covered by the government.

Are you paying for your counseling or is it on your provincial health plan is what she means; NHS/National Health is the British Health system

Guest Donna Jean
Are you paying for your counseling or is it on your provincial health plan is what she means; NHS/National Health is the British Health system

Yeah, that was my bad...I don't know from the Canadian system and the UK system...

I just basically wondered if it was government covered, in which case it's covered, yet moves at a snails pace!

Those wheels turn slowly!

Huggs...

Donna Jean

Hi Sarah,

Good idea to go see your counselor as often as you feel the need . Once a month was ok for me.

I paid for mine privately. We have a similar system in Ireland to the UK and yes Donna Jean , its so so

slooooooooow. but free. Thank you re your post Sarah, luv,viv :)