• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi

Guest ChrisRydia

Guest ChrisRydia

I accidently did a typo in my username. It was sposed to be ChrisRydia not ChirsRydia.

Anyway. My name is Chris. 16 years old. Making the honor role in high school. There is something that has been bothering me. I don't know how to say this. I might be confused about my gender. I been thinking like a female and letting my hair grow out. I tend not to show my female side. I want to show my female side more often. My councillor is going to refer me to a gender therapist to talk about it more. During this years summer, I came out and I told my councillor. I had my councillor tell my grandma about it. (I live with my grandparents). I have been teased throughout elementary, middle and part of high school. So far I haven't got teased this year. *knocks wood*. I had not had a good childhood. I choose not to talk about it. I remember telling someone this "when I grow up, I want to be a girl". I don't know why I said that but that could be a sign. I do not social a lot, mostly I am playing video games. I want to break that habit. I want to include more and I need someone who will listen. (My female name would be Rydia)

Thanks for your time.

Rydia

• Root Admin

Hello Rydia,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. Thank you for sharing with us. We'll listen to you, hon so talk away. That's why we're here.

MaryEllen :)

Guest ChloëC

Hi Rydia,

Welcome to Laura's, and to caring and supportive people that will listen to you and are willing to share with you. It's really a great place to learn about others and more about yourself. We're glad you're here.

Chloë

Guest SusanKG

Hi Rydia,

Welcome to the Playground. As you work at getting the information you need, join in the conversation with all the girls. Cocoa and cookies are due around anytime. Be sure and check out the rules when you have a chance, that'll help you to figure out where to go for one thing. It's nice to have you here.

SusanKG

Hi ChrisRydia,

<<hug>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have MTF meetings-Mon & Sat 9pm est, and Teens meetings -Sat 1pm est & Sunday 8pm est and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Good Morning Rydia,

What a lovely name for a young lady.

Would you like to make yourself comfortable and have a little treat?

We have a little tradition here at Laura's that has been going on for about a year and a half or so and that is to welcome new members with a little virtual snack to help them feel what a warm and friendly place this is.

So I am offering you some of my now famous :) double chocolate chip cookies and a cup of hot cocoa, feeling the warmth already aren't you?

So have a seat in one of our comfy chairs and hold that mug in both hands to keep you warm and more of the members will drop by to meet you.

Tell us as much about yourself as you feel comfortable doing but remember this is a moderated site to keep it safe, however we allow visitors in the forums with limited access so no personal data like phone numbers or addresses - that is best left to the profile page and in PMs.

Welcome to the family, Sweetheart.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Charlene_Leona

Hello Rydia

It is so nice to have you here on the playground, you will find this place to be a wonderful and supportive place to hang out and learn about yourself. It's great to hear that you've already come out to your grandparents and will be seeing a gender therapist shortly. Having family that supports you is very important and that is something allot of us lack. Don't e afraid to ask questions we are here to help you. We are a moderated board to keep out the haters and other bad people and it sometimes may take a little while for a post to get approved, If you need anything please feel free to PM any one of the Moderators or myself, I am happy to help anyone who ask.

Take Care and Enjoy

Charlene Leona

Welcome Rydia,

There are a number of us from Ohio, i live near Cleveland, hopefully they will be around soon to welcome you too.

I am glad you told a counselor and that he told your grandmother, i assume your grandfather knows too and it sounds like they are supportive by letting you see a gender therapist this summer.

Once you have 5 posts you can private message (pm) others, feel free to ask any questions in the forums, just be sure to follow the site rules.

HUGS!!!

Paula

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 299 Guests (See full list)

• Jet McCartney
    • MAN8791
    • Nonexistent
    • EasyE
    • MaryEllen
    • Ivy
    • Kai P
    • Ashley0616
    • Birdie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Kai P
    Newest Member
    Kai P

1. FullyHart
      FullyHart
    2. MariPosa
      MariPosa
      (65 years old)
    3. pechenezhka
      pechenezhka
      (17 years old)
    4. Rubycd
      Rubycd
      (59 years old)
    5. Yana
      Yana
      (31 years old)
    • EasyE
      thanks for the insight ... good to know things are being well thought-out ... it is no easy topic for sure, as many of us on here have been wrestling with this stuff for years and decades...
    • Ashley0616
      @KymmieLWOW! He is absolutely horrible! Definitely one of the worst boss's. 
    • KymmieL
      Well the boss is at it again. They misplaced a work order thinking I was the last one who had it, yesterday morning. I know where it is. Last thing I did with it was put it back on the counter. He accused me a couple times of having it last and put it somewhere. Come to find out, the other boss (his wife) had taken it. she put the work order paper in the recycle box.   Has he apologized about the accusations. He!! no. I am waiting for hadies to get frost bit.   So that was my morning.  But it is finally warming up here. currently 63 and windy.   Hugs, Kymmie
    • MAN8791
      I am gender fluid, leaning heavily towards trans masc. My eldest is male and despite all the "stuff" we deal with with him (autism, speech delay, etc) I found him to be easy to raise. When my middle kid (female) was born, literally the first words out of my mouth were "I don't know how to raise a girl!" And I really felt I didn't know. She showed me. She's still showing me how to exist as comfortable and completely secure in her gender expression. It is entirely awe inspiring to see all three of them feel so settled in their bodies in ways that I never, ever felt or feel to this day.
    • Ashley0616
      That sounded like an awesome opportunity to dress as your actual self. I have to say I'm a little jealous lol. I never got compliments from people and definitely haven't been kissed. I can imagine that part was still really nice and boosted your confidence.
    • Ashley0616
      Welcome what kind of gaming do you like?
    • April Marie
      I've been absent so much lately I feel as if I'll never catch up. Too much going on in our lives that's kept me away from the keyboard. and limited my time as "me."   I am so looking forward to your post on how you arrange your life. I know that I won't ever be able to fully transition so finding some happy balance is crucial for me.
    • Sally Stone
      Mae, you are so sweet for making this comment.   Desert Fox, you are so right.  I always knew that even though I was part-time, my motivation was way more complicated than a simple desire to wear women's clothes.   Your question is a timely one because in my next post, I am going to talk about how compartmentalized my life is, and the short answer is yes.  I have friends who only know Sally, friends who only my male persona, and a rare few that know both.  
    • VickySGV
      @EasyE With my background in Behavioral Sciences I do go to actual conferences for the medical and psychological professionals that deal with Trans Youth, and in those conferences, the ethics of "too fast" versus "too slow and restrictive" are a heavy concern.  There is very thoughtful sharing among the participants for making professional judgments that the therapist is comfortable with without being afraid of what is "too soon" or "not soon enough" to advance to medical prescription therapies. The ethics of what constitute reasonable caution or unreasonable delay are deeply at play in those situations, with the idea to prevent harm while alleviating the patient's stress and other issues.  This type of conference fulfills Continuing Education license requirements that most states and other areas have.  From them the therapist may seem to "speed up" their evaluation process, but it is based on the accumulated experience of colleagues, just as is true in other professions and yes, even trades. 
    • April Marie
      That's wonderful news!! I took our pup in for her Vet check today - perfect. She slept 7 hours last evening and is coming along really well with her house breaking and crate training.   I know you'll have some excitement with a new Boxer!! 
    • KathyLauren
      Surgeries are drastic, and indeed should be a last resort for minors.  As indeed they are.  It is very rare for anyone under 18 to get gender-affirming surgery.  It is typically only done if the person would be suicidal without it.   Puberty blockers are a way to avoid the "drastic measure" of forcing the person to undergo the wrong puberty.  They should not be prescribed lightly, and I don't think they are.  They are a way to go slow until the person can truly make an informed decision.
    • Ivy
    • VickySGV
      My Endo keeps track of several trace chemicals in my blood system that can be affected by our slightly different hormone balance, keeping in mind we have had both hormones all our life, just in different balance.  I did have to change one diuretic I was taking that was crashing out one chemical that does affect energy levels, and it turned out that Spiro was the alternative to that one for the way it works there.  I was never on Spiro for the hormone issues per se.  Let your doctor know about the fatigue sometime today or whenever you read this. 
    • Davie
      Hmmm .  .  . if I only had a ten-word description that completely described my identity. That would be great, but one doesn't exist. "I'm a girl—and a boy. And neither—and both?" There. Now you know, right? Maybe not. —Davie
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I think you should discuss it with your doctor.  I know you are 'asking around' but experience probably varies.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.