• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Gala

Guest Amanda joan

Guest Amanda joan

Hi there,

Can we talk here??

I flashed a Priest Saturday Night. :unsure:

Well let me start at the beginning.

Two worlds colide. I have been taking this Organizational Development class with my Priest for the last year. We meet every 3 months for two days of intense work and study. As it worked out this past weekend was one of those weekends and the Gala was also this past weekend. I had arranged to save me some drive time to get changed into my gown at my Priest's apartment which is much closer to the place we were taking the class than my house. Now Anne-Marie is my Priest and she is one of the first people that I came out to. She had never seen me on drag but, was looking forward to seeing me in my gown. Her and her S/O Lisa were very kind to let me use there bedroom to get ready for the Gala. Before I got changed Anna-Marie wanted me to meet her next door neighbor Raul. So we went next door while I was wearing a pair of her shoes. Raul is a very nice guy and he and his boyfriend asked if I would come back after I got dressed up and made up, I agreed to do that.

Then I went back and got started and Anne-Marie went to the store to get some drinks. I was in a very funny mood and when I heard her come back in I had just finished my makeup. I have a full lenght white fox fur coat that I had brought to wear to the Gala. I was all ready except that I did not have on my gown, so I put on the coat and walked out into the livingroom were she was sitting on the couch working on her laptop. I called her name and she looked up and said wow that was fast and then I opened the coat up and flashed her! We both got a good laugh out of that. Then she helped me get my gown on and she and Lisa gave me some makeup tips and Anne-Marie helped me blend the eyeshadow colors together. Then we went back over to see the guys and they were very impressed with my transformation. Then they got into a debat about which one of them would look better in a skirt.

I had a drink with the ladies ( a very weak one) and then hit the road to arrive fashionable late to the Gala. It was very cold and I was glad to have my fur coat. My high heels were sparkling and made my legs look very sexy. I came off the elevator and into the lobby and the man at the desk asked if I was there for the TGEA Gala and pointed me in the right direction. I waited in line to get checked in. It seems I was not the only one who was fashionably late. I entered the event and went right up to Jude the President of TGEA and gave her a hug and thanked her for helping me get to the event. She was in a good mood because they had just hit the break even point with the last few pay at the door folks. She was expecting that there would be over 70 people for the evening. I looked around the room for someone I knew and greeted some of the other oganizers. I talked with some of the women that came in when I did and we complimented each other on our gowns. I met this beautiful post surgical Transwoman who was just so happy and friendly. I got allot of nice comments on my gown & shoes. I then proceed to the buffet line for some appetizers. Then I saw Carrie! She and I had met and hung out 2 month earlier at PW's Sports Bar and had not been able to get together since. He hugged and exchanged our suprise at seeing the other. She had just that morning been talked into coming by her friends Cindy and Karen. Now I have to tell you Cindy & Karen are party girls extrodiair. I ended up sitting with a great bunch of girls and all but one of us danced the whole night long. Karen and Cindy were talking pictures all night with everyone (me included) They both got up on the stage and posed with the band for pictures. The band was cool with that and was happy to pose with them. They also provided use with great music to dance to. They were very appreciative of how freindly and fun we were. I had so much fun just checking out what everyone else was wearing. The dresses and gowns, the silk gloves and the wigs. I have to say that I think I had the best shoes in the house. So of the other ladies said that if I took them off they would steel them.

They gave out two awards for members who had done great things. One to them had won an Emmy for her work on CNN producing and special program during the election. We all sang hey Jude in honnor of Jude the President of TGEA. I can not express how wonderful it was just to be in that room. While I was dancing I was over come with emotions that almost had me in tears two or three times. I had never dance in a dress in a public place. I enjoyed that so much and some of the songs I danced to like "Dancing Queen" by ABBA were just majical. I felt so free shaking my hips to the beat and waving my hands in the air like I had seen women do over the years. Carrie and I danced palm to palm like little girls and we also did hip bumps with each other. By the end of the night my legs were so tried I could hardly dance.

Carrie is a sweet heart and she really likes me. I got the wrong idea from something that she said and it kind of freaked me out. She wanted to go out with me sometime and I took that as she wanted to hook up with me and I had an anxiety attack. I had never felt like that before. I felt bad for her too because I did not want to hurt her feelings. She did her best to try to make me feel beter, even offered to take me out with her in drab so I could experience what I feels like to be treated like a lady. That still wa easy to take the wrong way and I said that I would think about it. We E-mailed each other the next day and when she realized what I had been thinking she realized that it would have been easy to make the assumption. I am glad we worked that out and that she just wants to be friends. We plan to get togather again after the Holidays.

So with the exception of my little anxiety attack it was one of the most fabulous nights I have ever had. I felt great about how I looked and was able to dance. I discoved a new way to hook up with other transgirls when I want to go out. Cindy has a yahoo group that she created to let all her TG firends know when a few girls are getting together to go to a club or event so you can plan to meet up with them. They do this atleast once a month. I can't wait to get out with them again.

Cindy and Karen peomissed to send me some pictures and as soon as I get them I will post them here.

Peace & Love Amanda Joan

Guest Donna Jean

Ok...Ok...OK....

Once I got past the flashing the priest part....*cough*

LOL...

Oh my, Amanda! It must of been a truly magical evening! I can just see it all from your descriptions!

How wonderful....

And except that one little thing that gave you the anxeity attack...it was all pure joy!

It all must of been so beautiful...thank you so much for sharing that with us, Hon!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Amanda joan

like, WOW. Amanda, you make me happier just to read your upbeat posts. Keep it up!

Thanks, Kat

PS Just found out that the "Snow-ball" is this weekend here. And I have nothing to wear! Can I borrow that dress?

Well Kat.

I don't know...... I could ship it C.O.D. I guess. But I do hope I can wear it again on New Year's Eve. That's if I can find some place to go. I have to tell you many of the ladies did not go as fancy as I did and they looked great. So please go no matter what you have to wear. Being an active part of the community makes you feel so alive.

Peace & Love Amanda

• Admin

Oh my, Amanda that sounds like a night in heaven. I am so happy for you and so envious too. Just the thought of being able to dress elegantly

and dance and spend the evening completely free to be yourself, what a dream come true.

You are living the life, Amanda. I wish you continued happiness and success.

Next year at this time, I promise you I'll be living it too.

Love

Carolyn

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Selena729
    Newest Member
    Selena729

1. Britton
      Britton
      (53 years old)
    2. chipped_teeth
      chipped_teeth
    3. james-m
      james-m
    4. jenny75
      jenny75
      (34 years old)
    5. KASS13
      KASS13
    • JenniferB
      The source of estrogen can matter. I started HRT at age 50. My avatar was the result. I started on pills, and moved to estradiol valerate injectables. However, there was a shortage, and I had to use a compounding pharmacy. The estradiol would evaporate in the vial, and couldn't get 5 doses out of it. I eventually move to the patch.    Over time I realized the patch wasn't working properly. And, the last time I visited my doctor he told me my estrogen levels were low. He asked me if I wanted to change to estradiol valerate. I jumped for joy. So I started my script for estradiol valerate. My prescription was ready, but I didn't receive my script for needles for a couple of weeks. So I bought my own (legal). I started with intramuscular injections. This requires a longer needle, and the estrogen is released into the muscles. It has a powerful effect right away but isn't stable. So by the time I took my next injection 2 weeks later, the estradiol in my bloodstream was almost gone. When I finally received my script for my needles, the needle was shorter. So the injection was subcutaneous. What is different with this type of injection as that the estrogen released is more even over 2 weeks (before the next injection). Interesting the syringe/needles my doctor prescribed are so much higher in quality. I am going to follow his path. My breasts are now perky again. And I will let my doctor guide me.    I wish you success on your journey. Let us know how things are proceeding. I am happy for you.   Jennifer 
    • JenniferB
      Patches are the HRT method of least risk. Be aware of your estrogen levels with bloodwork. My doctor took me off patches because my estrogen levels were low. And put me on estradiol valerate injections. I have to say that made a big difference. Be aware of the changes. I don't know your age, or circumstances, but I would research available options of administering hormones.    There are other methods of taking estrogen, and you should research all of them. When my doctor changed my prescription to estradiol valerate amazing things happened. He was slow to prescribe the needles so I ordered them online. I have used injectables before. Getting the nerve to poke myself with the needle was a great hurdle to overcome.   As far as a rollercoaster feeling, I never felt that as much as the excitement of finally starting HRT. That overrode everything. I couldn't focus on how my emotions changed, for excitement trumped all emotions. Let the emotions of starting HRT settle, then make the decisions you feel will best benefit you.    Good luck with your journey,   Jennifer
    • Mmindy
      Welcome back Jennifer    It’s nice to meet you and I look forward to your postings.    Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • KatieSC
      Regarding the candidates...this is the best either side could do since Obama was President? Biden is supportive, but when I see really solid gains, like ensuring that all transition services are covered by all insurance companies, I will believe the support.   I do not think anybody is trying to destroy the country, but with the current polarization, there is no compromise. There is this "you are either with us or against us" mantra being touted. We can moan all we want about Trump and his ilk, but face it: They are very well coordinated on a national level. They currently have a number of states with a super-majority.   What set all of this in motion? I suspect that there is a lot of things that got under the skin of a lot of conservative folks. Some of it our own fault, and some of it not. Make no mistake, we are in trouble. If they successfully ban child and adolescent transition nationally, I suspect we will be next. Now they may not pass a law, but if they eliminate the requirement that insurance companies cover the costs of medications, procedures, and surgeries, there will be fewer folks transitioning. The services may still be available, but it will be a cash only business. There are already a fair number of healthcare providers who will not accept the insurance reimbursement rates. There are a number of folks that will lack the resources. That is how you limit our existence. We will still exist, but it will get much harder.
    • JenniferB
      I talked to my doctor about this. And I was frank. He told me I was in a grey area, and I agree. I scored a 3, but alcohol has not controlled my life. I won't drink when I have obligations. But, when I can relax, I drink sometimes. I can control it. I intentionally don't buy alcohol before I go to work at the hospital. When I get off work I can't buy it. And this is by design.    Do I have an alcohol problem? Yes. Can I control it? Yes. Does AA help? Yes. But I consider myself a borderline alcoholic. And yes I'd love to stop and AA works for this. I found I don't need the 12 steps, attending is enough to stop the craving.
    • Carolyn Marie
      If the Dems can hold onto the Senate and flip the House, I feel certain that a lot of protections that have been given via Presidential orders will be codified into law.  It's a long shot, I know, but well worth fighting for.   Carolyn Marie
    • Ladypcnj
      Biden is trying to help us, but it's the republicans who wants to roll back our civil rights. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      Nice to see you back here, Jenn.    You were a great contributor to this forum, and i know you have much to offer.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Ivy
      I don't have the reference at hand, but at a rally (I believe) here in NC, he remarked at how surprised he was at the hate he could stir up by mentioning trans people. Since all he personally stands for is Trump, I doubt that he personally gives a rat's a$$ about us.  But, it plays to his base.   Here's one https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-checks-crowd-over-crazy-063513389.html   "“I talk about transgender, everyone goes crazy. Who would have thought? Five years ago, you didn’t know what the hell it was.”"
    • Ivy
      Do you actually believe that the republican congress would vote for trans rights?  That seems to be the one thing left that they actually are united on.   I'm not convinced Biden is "destroying" the country.  I'm not a big fan, actually. However, since the stated goal of the Republican Party is my elimination (2025), I wouldn't be able to enjoy the coming conservative paradise anyway.  My survival as a free trans woman is kinda on the ballot.  So call me a "single issue   voter" it's out of necessity.   I stand by my original statement.  
    • Ladypcnj
      I'm sure I'm not the only one who think this way, I've been listening to what people had been recently saying, wondering why is he so hard on the Lgbt + community? Maybe there is something he's not telling? 
    • MaryEllen
      Welcome back, Jennifer. It's good to see you again.     {{{HUGS}}}   MaryEllen
    • JenniferB
      I am concerned about what Trump will do to the transgender community. One group of his supporters are evangelical Christians. I want to emphasize that not all of these Christians are non-supportive, but there are a lot. When you add that transgender people are being singled out as a punching bag for many politicians, our lives become more in jeopardy. We need to stand up and fight back. We have a right to the same freedoms as everyone else.
    • VickySGV
      Welcome back.
    • JenniferB
      My name is Jennifer, and used to be a part of this forum, going back to Laura's' Playground. I already know quite a few of the people here. I started transition about 15 years ago. My  gender markers are changed with Social Security and birth certificate. The reason I am returning is I believe I can help guide newer members through the pitfalls of their transitioning experience.   I lived in Arizona, and now live in Maine. And the first thing I want to emphasize is where you live can matter a lot. In Maine, I work in a hospital, and find many of my co-workers very accepting. I find the women more understanding and enjoy my journey more. Of course, this is a small sample, and your mileage may vary.    What I found as one of the most important topics when choosing a place to live. I found only one transgender doctor who understands, or is willing to monitor my HRT. But, he has stopped his regular practice and only sees some of his regular patients on Wednesday mornings. He has changed his career and teaches residents the rest of the week. He told me he wanted to teach other doctors how to work with transgender clients. This subject is woefully lacking in Medical School. I was using the transdermal patch, and we agreed to switch to estradiol valerate. He is working on more feminizing my body. I don't doubt he will be supportive when I decide to go through my surgery, hopefully next year. I will be on Medicare and they support surgery, if it is considered medically necessary.    That is enough for now, and I appreciate this site for all the help with transgender support.   Jennifer
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.