• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello, Hello

Guest Kieri

I'm always bad with intros, but here goes.

I am a young woman (to be) going by the name Kieri. I discovered this when I was 10, and have seen many ups and downs since then.

Ahhh! I can't do it anymore! :lol: I noticed my first line rhymed, so I tried to make a very bad poem. And succeeded. At making a very bad poem.

Putting on my serious face, that little bit of info is genuine. I am currently 26. After some time dressing in secret in high school and being borderline suicidal in college, I am just about 100% sure where I want to be. Before I started, my early research told me I would need lots of money... so I've been working for 2 and a half years and saving. My safety net is large enough now, so I started seeing a gender therapist a little over a month ago now. I've come out to a few friends and one family member, who gave me a link to this site. Not being one to refuse such a generous offer, I guess I am now hanging around Laura's as well as the other forum I have been posting on :) I am a bit of a shy person, my silly intro aside, and I don't post very much because I don't have a lot of experience behind me - but hopefully that will change. See you around the forums and stuff *smile*

Hugs,

Kieri

• Root Admin

Hello Kieri,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. Come on in, look around and don't be afraid to ask questions. We're here to help.

MaryEllen :)

• Admin

Hi, Kieri, and welcome to Laura's. That is a very lovely name, BTW.

have a seat in the Member's Lounge and I'll get you some nice hot cocoa and some of Sally's famous cookies. The smell of hot cocoa

should get some other members to join us shortly. ;)

This is a great place for you to find out everything you need to know, although it seems like you already are on the right track with a G.T.

and saving money and all that. But I'm sure you'll find lots of useful information here, as well as some new friends. We consider ourselves

a family here and we look out for each other.

The Forums and chat rooms are moderated, and all posts are reviewed before going public. Please take a few minutes and look over the forum rules.

There is a link at the top of most pages. We keep the site PG 13 and keep predators and other bad folks away.

Please look around the various forums and post your questions and comments. I look forward to hearing more about you when you are ready.

Carolyn Marie

Guest ChloëC

Hi Kieri,

Welcome to Laura's. We're happy that there is someone in your life who was able to steer you here, for this is a really great place to learn, more about others and about oneself.

Hugs

Chloë

Guest Jean Davis

Hey Kieri

Welcome to the family honey, we're so glad you found us. :D

Also honey you don't need experience to post, all you need is to be yourself. This is how we learn by sharing what we can and interacting with others. Most of us here did not have a very active social life because we felt like we didn't fit in with others, well this is a great place to practice those skills and make some new friends. So please do post, meet new people and know that you are not alone out there. There is a lot us us that know what you are going through.

LUV

Jean

Thank you for the warm welcome! I will definitely keep your post in mind Jean, but I'm still shy :)

If I could I'd give you all some of the Christmas cookies I just made to bring to work.

Kieri

Guest Amanda joan

Hello Kieri,

I am glad you are here. Please ask as many questions as you want. We all love to talk, well I love to talk some of us are better at listening. It's great to have another baker among us Sally's cookies are awsome but, variety is the spice of life. I love Christmas cookies, tell us about what you have made. I can almost smell them now.

Peace & Love Amanda

Hi Kieri ,

<<hug>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have MTF meetings-Mon & Sat 9pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Welcome to the family, Kieri,

It is so nice to have you here with us and as a part of us.

Don't be afraid to post, you have a lot more to offer than you think.

I started here as a very shy non-poster (ignore the laughter from the Playground - someone told a joke or something) and I felt that I had nothing to offer, still in the closet, out to no one and 57 years old at the time - I just read everything posted and that was all.

Donna Jean contacted me, she will probably be her very soon, and we talked in the PMs and she sort of convinced me that I might have something to say and now some 8000 posts later no one can shut me up.

I am told that they don't want me to shut up and you will find that we are like that, we love it when someone opens up and let's us into their heart, mind and soul, we are a family and we deeply care about each other it is an amazing phenomenon that so many shy people come here and discover their voices.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Hello, Kieri!

I'm that Donna Jean person that Sally mentioned!

Wow....it's great to have you here and you have way more experience than you think...don't sell yourself short...

You've gained experience by having this gender dysphoria and people can learn by your story up to this point!

So, don't be shy......OK?

Welcome to the Playground, Honey!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean