• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Seeing Relults....

Guest Emily_MI

Guest Emily_MI

Well on Saturday I went on my 3'rd session for my laser hair removal on my face and neck areas and I am starting to see some real results which I am VERY excited about. I also bought a new Epilator razor and used it once so far on my legs and hairs and hope that I will start to see some changes with that here soon!, can't wait...

Guest Donna Jean

Good girl!

Seeing progress is great, isn't it?

I'm having electrolysis and I'm seeing good progress, too, so I know how you feel!

WAY TO GO, HONEY!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Donna Jean is understating her progress quit a bit - she is doing great but it has taken a lot of hours!

And you are getting results in a reduced time frame and a lot less pain - I admire anyone who can endure three hour Elctro sessions.

So this was your third session, did they give you any idea as to how many more will be needed?

Congratulations,

Sally

Hi Emily,

Well done hun and Im delighted your seeing progress with laser (under the nose is a %*$x"", yeh??)

I will have my last laser in Jan. , after that its on to electro re my gray whiskers . Keep up the good work

hun, all worth it in the end. Luv,viv :)

Guest rachael1

Hi Emily,

I am having my first laser session tomorrow afternoon and am pretty excited about it!

I have been epilating for over 12 months and can categoricaly state that it does slow down hair growth over time and the hair grows back weaker each time. It does hurt a bit but you get used to it after a while.

Rachael

Guest Donna Jean
Hi Emily,

I am having my first laser session tomorrow afternoon and am pretty excited about it!

I have been epilating for over 12 months and can categoricaly state that it does slow down hair growth over time and the hair grows back weaker each time. It does hurt a bit but you get used to it after a while.

Rachael

Oh my God!

Elizabeth does that, too...

She showed me how "little" it hurt by running it over my arm....

I can't believe anyone could do that on a face..I thought I would lose my mind! And that was just on the arm!

Good luck, Honey....

OWWwww ow ow ow....

Donna Jean

• Admin

Good for you, Emily! Progress is great, isn't it? You can see it after every session, too.

I start mine early next year, and I can't wait. Upper lip first (Ouch!).

Keep those progress reports coming, girl. I love to read them. :)

Carolyn Marie

Guest NatalieRene
Well on Saturday I went on my 3'rd session for my laser hair removal on my face and neck areas and I am starting to see some real results which I am VERY excited about. I also bought a new Epilator razor and used it once so far on my legs and hairs and hope that I will start to see some changes with that here soon!, can't wait...

Thats really funny I just had my third laser session last Saturday too. :D It usually takes about a week for the hairs to start coming out. I'm sure you're eagerly awaiting for that to start from your last session.

*hugs*

Natalie

Guest NatashaJade
Oh my God!

I can't believe anyone could do that on a face..I thought I would lose my mind! And that was just on the arm!

Epilating the face? Egads no! I use it on my legs, hands, arms and, occasionally my chest/torso (chest not so much...it just hurts too much even though I've been doing it for awhile). But the face? No way...too many hairs too close together. My face would bleed!

Gin

Guest i is Sam :-)

how is an epilator vs wax? I can cope with the pain of waxing but when i've tried in the past I could wax the same area 2 or 3 times and it still wouldn't pick everything up, (with the wax strips, hot melt wax i had more success with but it's very slow) and by then it was burning painful and would be bright red for days. So the idea of doing my legs, feet, hands, arms, shoulders, chest, stomach, back and backside (yes i'm covered in hair EVERYWHERE) was a little impractical. I shave my legs, but everything else is still hairy atm because otherwise it would just be too much stubble.

tho i did bleach the hair on my arms, hands, chest, stomach and trim it a bit to try and reduce the appearance a little.

sorry that was some slight threadjacking there, glad to hear you're seeing good results, i'm hoping to start laser in the new year, I have 2 moles I need to get removed first, and of course I have to pay for it. but first session before the end of january even if I have to sell a kidney.

Guest rachael1
Oh my God!

Good luck, Honey....

OWWwww ow ow ow....

Donna Jean

Oh no, no. :o

I don't mean I was epilating my face, even the thought of that brings tears to my eyes.

I meant I epilate my body hair. LOL

Rachael

Guest rachael1
how is an epilator vs wax? I can cope with the pain of waxing but when i've tried in the past I could wax the same area 2 or 3 times and it still wouldn't pick everything up, (with the wax strips, hot melt wax i had more success with but it's very slow) and by then it was burning painful and would be bright red for days. So the idea of doing my legs, feet, hands, arms, shoulders, chest, stomach, back and backside (yes i'm covered in hair EVERYWHERE) was a little impractical. I shave my legs, but everything else is still hairy atm because otherwise it would just be too much stubble.

tho i did bleach the hair on my arms, hands, chest, stomach and trim it a bit to try and reduce the appearance a little.

sorry that was some slight threadjacking there, glad to hear you're seeing good results, i'm hoping to start laser in the new year, I have 2 moles I need to get removed first, and of course I have to pay for it. but first session before the end of january even if I have to sell a kidney.

I prefer the epilator over waxing as you have to wait until the hairs reach a certain length before you wax them for it to be effective. You can epilate everyday if you want to so it's as good as shaving but lasts longer with the added bonus of the hair growing back finer and weaker.

It can be painful but you can reduce this by epilating after showering, trimming the region you are epilating so the hair isn't too long and appy ice packs if needed.

Rachael

Guest Robin Winter

Anyone every heard of Bikini Zone? I don't know if it's strictly a Canadian Product, but I just started using it yesterday and I'm noticing results already. It's a gel intended to treat and prevent those nasty red bumps you get from hair removal, specifically for the bikini zone, but I've been shaving that area so long it's not an issue there. I got it for my legs, since I still get a lot of redness and bumps and a little swelling from leg hair removal, generally on the back and front of the thigh area, so I thought I'd give it a shot for that. So far it seems to be helping a lot, even though I started 2 days after my last shave. You're supposed to apply it immediately after shaving, and continuing as needed. So I'm really hoping it works well, since I've been avoiding hair removal in certain areas for this reason. If anyone uses this stuff, let me know how it works for you. If that particular product isn't available where you are, it's active ingredient is 2% Lidocaine, and I'm sure it would be available under some name or other. It's intended for all hair removal methods as well, I should add.

On another note, I've noticed a lot of people saying that epilating makes hairs grow finer? That's actually a genetic impossibility. Hair thickness is determined by genetics, and doesn't ever change. It may be coming in "softer" or seem to, because it's a brand new hair, instead of continued growth from a cut one. In the case of shaving, why it seems hair regrows thicker is because hairs are actually tapered, and you're cutting off the tapered end, so that when it regrows, it starts from the thick part of the hair.

Guest rachael1
On another note, I've noticed a lot of people saying that epilating makes hairs grow finer? That's actually a genetic impossibility. Hair thickness is determined by genetics, and doesn't ever change. It may be coming in "softer" or seem to, because it's a brand new hair, instead of continued growth from a cut one. In the case of shaving, why it seems hair regrows thicker is because hairs are actually tapered, and you're cutting off the tapered end, so that when it regrows, it starts from the thick part of the hair.

Thanks for the clarification Shilo. You are right the hair thickness doesn't change but I have certainly noticed that the hair regrowth has slowed down in the 12 months I have been epilating and the hair roots have weakened somewhat resulting in less pain in the epilating process.

Rachael

Guest Emily_MI

I have seen results which is nice, although I still have the "5 o'clock shadow" at times and wondering in how many sessions(on average) that I may have to go to when I won't have this issue? or is this where after my laser sessions are done then electrolysis may work for even better results?

Guest Donna Jean
I have seen results which is nice, although I still have the "5 o'clock shadow" at times and wondering in how many sessions(on average) that I may have to go to when I won't have this issue? or is this where after my laser sessions are done then electrolysis may work for even better results?

I really don't know, Honey...but my electrologist told me that on an average (bio male) face, there are 55,000 hairs!

That is a lot in anybody's book! OMG!

Good Luck!

Donna Jean

Hi Emily,

This is the way it works with me . I had whats called saltnpepper . 40per cent dark and 60 per cent gray-beard.

Laser gets rid of the dark stuff. When thats gone theres no ""shadow""as gray wont do that. Then its on to electro for

the gray stuff . Re dark , there are claims that laser is not permanent , only electrolysis is. Sorry hun, cant remember

if your on Estrogen yet, if not get as much hair removed as you can as its much more painful when you are. viv :)

Guest NatalieRene
Hi Emily,

This is the way it works with me . I had whats called saltnpepper . 40per cent dark and 60 per cent gray-beard.

Laser gets rid of the dark stuff. When thats gone theres no ""shadow""as gray wont do that. Then its on to electro for

the gray stuff . Re dark , there are claims that laser is not permanent , only electrolysis is. Sorry hun, cant remember

if your on Estrogen yet, if not get as much hair removed as you can as its much more painful when you are. viv :)

Some people claim that the hair will grow back but I doubt it. If anything new follicles probably are the culprit for reappearing facial hair. Hopefully once on hrt that won't be a problem. Although laser can't remove all your facial hair on it's own even if you are young with light skin and dark hair. Some hairs don't go away but get so fine that the laser can't see them anymore. I think laser is like a broad strokes kind of tool to significantly reduce the amount of facial hair so that the amount of time having electrolysis done is minimized.

I've had three sessions and one free in between so far and my facial hair is significantly reduced. I still have a shadow at the end of the day but not in the afternoon anymore and it's splotchy now. There are parts of my face that now feel silky smooth. :) Laser is a definite good first step from my experience, just as long as you don't go in with unrealistic expectations.