• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Welcome To Walmart

Guest Nigh

"Ma'am... Man?... Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Welcome to Walmart..."

That was odd; I was wearing man-clothes and all... I kind of like Walmart now- almost passing when I'm not even trying to is fun. :D

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Guest Donna Jean

Are you serious?

My FAVORITE place of all!

I consistently get "Ma'am'd" there ...

Leaving with my wife, it's ...."Have a nice day, ladies!"

And I'm dressed neutral!

They are on my 4 star list!

Huggs!

Donna Jean

Guest AlexanderG

Peope got confused during our shop's saledays, we were waering these baggy T-shirst. I got a lot of

"Ma'am, eh Sir...?" *awkward silence in which I grin and leave them hanging* "can I ask you something?"

Guest NatashaJade

Walmart frightens me. I try to avoid it as much as humanly possible. It's too...random....and evil. I know there are dark corners from which no woman or man ever returns.

Plus, my wife and I went there once with the kids. I have no idea what we were looking for as we don't go there normally. I think it was a video game because we were in that area, although we could have been looking for pajamas because we were in that area, too. There was this woman who worked there who was very lonely and attached herself to us for a time, sucking our life away as she held us in her psychic vampiric grasp. We vowed never to return.

• Admin

Despite Gin's experience with the evildoers there (I love that term, thanks W), I'm gonna go on Friday while

I'm out en femme, just to see for myself. I'll let y'all know.

Carolyn Marie

Guest SusanKG

Hmmm, Gin obviously went to a different Wally World then we do. The only time I see hired help is the night stock and clean shift (we often go late) then only because they're blocking isles and generally getting in the way. That whinning over with, they do get most of our business. In all frankness, Wal-Mart gets a wide cross-section of the community, and I'm sure they have seen it all - twice.

SusanKG

Guest JCinDenver

I'm at the point where getting mam'd isn't that uncommon (3 yrs hrt).

The trick is to not get mam'd when your out with friends (who have no clue) or with my wife (who needs no reminders).

Restaurants I think are the worst. I always try to say hello to the wait person before they say "hi ladies".

My wife & I ate at a place earlier this year, even talking to the waitress my times during the meal, still said "good nite ladies" when we left!

Jamie

Guest Anna_Banana
"Ma'am... Man?... Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Welcome to Walmart..."

That was odd; I was wearing man-clothes and all... I kind of like Walmart now- almost passing when I'm not even trying to is fun. :D

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Yeah I've had this happen about two or three times, especially at places like or similar to WalMart. Sometimes its funny, sometimes its just ignorant.

.Anna

I shop at Walmart all the time, i even get my hrt refilled at the pharmacy, even before i was full time i never had a problem shopping, even in the woman's section. The Walmart i shop at is open 24/7 and they are always busy, i see lots of associates during the day and evening.

Paula

Guest Janessa

Can't say I've had that happen at wal-mart, but I've been ma'am'd a few times at kum and go and convenience stores like that. =x

I don't look remotely feminine, so it must have been just because I'm skinny with long hair; it still felt like a great compliment though. xD

Guest Joanna Phipps
Are you serious?

My FAVORITE place of all!

I consistently get "Ma'am'd" there ...

Leaving with my wife, it's ...."Have a nice day, ladies!"

And I'm dressed neutral!

They are on my 4 star list!

Huggs!

Donna Jean

Yep Yep, me too we get greeted with Good afternoon ladies, or just afternoon depending on the greeter, and when we clear the checkout we get similar. Its a good feeling

Guest Donna Jean
watch out.. you might find yourself on here..

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

great for a laugh, but for all the wrong reasons..

Yeah, Honey....

I've looked at that before....

And I REALLY don't want to end up on that site.....lol

But, you have to admit...most of the people on there are WAY weirder than any of us here! (at least I hope so!)

The Wal Mart by me is also open 24/7 and you never know who will show at all hours...I know that I have!

HUGG!

Donna Jean

Guest Katrina_Carter

That peopleofwalmart site... there is no way all of those are real, some of them have to be staged.

Where I am from (mostly the midwest) there is meijers and walmart. Meijers stores have been around a lot longer, but that's not a good thing. I like the Walmarts because of their design, they are much more open and bright where Meijers feels darker and more cramped.

It took me a while, but Walmart is the store I finally got the courage to go clothes shopping for myself. I thought I would get all kinds of awkward stares, but the employees were nice and smiled even as I'm loading rainbow toe socks and multiple colors of stockings, a blouse and a few skirts and pants onto the checkout.

Guest April63

Walmart is over rated. Everything is really cheap, but a lot of things just break after a little while. The people are too crazy there! Impossible to park or even check out. Way too crowded.

One time I did get called a lady, but I was confused because I had a full beard growing. I guess the employees just don't use their brains anymore. Mindless drones working to provide cheap, junk to the masses. wow

Guest NatashaJade
Walmart is over rated. Everything is really cheap, but a lot of things just break after a little while. The people are too crazy there! Impossible to park or even check out. Way too crowded.

One time I did get called a lady, but I was confused because I had a full beard growing. I guess the employees just don't use their brains anymore. Mindless drones working to provide cheap, junk to the masses. wow

And don't forget the evil part. It's consumption hell. If there is a hell for me, I'll be a WalMart employee...forever in polyester pants and that evil smiley face like Big Brother watching everyone, making them all smile vacantly...

Guest Joanna Phipps

Most of my casual stuff is from wally world, I have no problem with the fit, cut, or quality then again us women dont tend to be as hard on clothes as man do.. I speak from experience on this one

Guest Camicochan

I'm boycotting Walmart (not that there's one in NYC anyway), they have a long history of mistreatment of LGBT people and employees in particular. If you haven't heard about this, just do a little Googling, you'll see what I mean.

Guest April63

I don't really dislike Walmart, it's just that you have to be careful, because not everything is of good quality. Some of it is just cheap junk. Some of it works and there are no problems.