• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What About Christmas

Guest Amanda joan

Guest Amanda joan

Hello everyone,

I started to talk about this in a responce to another post and felt the need to bring this out all on it's own. I have been having a very emotional time over the last few weeks. I don't live with my two children any more and working out the details of how I will fit into the Holiday schedule has been heart wrenching. This has lead me to think about the blessings in my life. Laura's Playground is one of the biggest for me.

Christmas is the season for Peace, Hope, Joy & Love. The story is all about God's love for the human race. I feel that we are all blessed to have this wonderful place to come and chat, share and vent. I would like to propose that we accept this gift for ourselves this Christmas. Enjoy what is going on here and feel the love of your fellow members as we share our lives and our dreams. I wish for everyone here a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year full of new hopes and dreams.

So spread some cheer through out this season and tell all your friends here how much they have ment to you and how much they have helped you. Many of us will be feeling sad about family get togethers that did not go well or celebrations that they were exculed from or did not feel comfortable going to. So when you come here come and share you pain that's fine but, remember to be thankful that you can come here and be accepted and loved no matter who you are or where you live.

In closing I want to thank God for giving Laura Amato the inspiration to create this web site and to make it the wonderful community that it is.

Peace & Love Amanda

Guest Joanna Phipps

I hear where you're coming from and when I first read the title of this section the first thing that came to my mind was "yeah so what about it". We aren't doing the Christmas thing here since my wife/gf doesn't feel like it and frankly, for other reasons, neither do I. Those who are going to do it have fun and enjoy the season, I work on new years eve and new years day so no partying...

Guest Donna Jean

Nicely done, Baby......

I have one thing to be thankful for this Christmas.....

Christmas Day Is my birthday. I'll turn 60.

I'm 11 months into HRT and have a surgery letter on file with my surgeon in Thailand...

It is giving me the chance to start my life over again...to start fresh...anew...

Not to make the same mistakes that I made the first time through...

Everything else begins with that...

HUGGS & LOVE...

Merry Christmas...

Donna Jean

Guest Steph70

1. Jenjea

2. Jenjea

3. Jenjea

4. my pup

5. my family

6. my career

7. my health

8. Laura's Playground

and the fact that I'm already done xmas shopping!

Now, this site is not really that far down on the list. This place has opened my eyes, and made me feel a whole lot better about myself. But the best thing in my life is Jen. Once you get to know her, you'll see how lucky I actually am.

That's all I can think of for now...

Stephanie

Guest Donna Jean

OH!

IT's YOU!

She and you!

OMG are you ever lucky....now I see why she is in the first 3 spots on your list!

How very lucky you are...You certainly have something to be thankful for this Christmas....

Give her a hugg for me.....OK?

LOVE

Donna Jean

Nicely done, Baby......

I have one thing to be thankful for this Christmas.....

Christmas Day Is my birthday. I'll turn 60.

I'm 11 months into HRT and have a surgery letter on file with my surgeon in Thailand...

It is giving me the chance to start my life over again...to start fresh...anew...

Not to make the same mistakes that I made the first time through...

Everything else begins with that...

HUGGS & LOVE...

Merry Christmas...

Donna Jean

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DONNA JEAN!!!

GENNEE

Hello Amanda,

I can so much relate to what you say hun, I will spend Christmas alone.

I have some friends here at home but they will be spending the holiday with family.

I swore in another post this would be the last Christmas I would sit in my apartment

on my own. What you say about Laura"s is on the money hun, so grateful we have

somewhere to talk to one another . Love the sight, love you all, viv :)

• Admin

Thanks for your post, Amanda.

We've shared elsewhere about freindship and love and understanding, so I won't dwell on those things.

You know that we will be here for you through the holidays and after.

I've met dear friends through this site that are now a wonderful part of my life. Laura and her staff are responsible

for so much of my new found happiness, self respect and re-awakening. I will always be grateful for that.

It's great to have a place to come to every day where you know you wil be welcome. Kind of reminds me

of the title song from "Cheers:"

Sometimes you want to go

Where everybody knows your name,

and they're always glad you came.

You wanna be where you can see,

our troubles are all the same

You wanna be where everybody knows

Your name.

I almost forgot that the next stanza is VERY appropriate for Laura's Playground:

Roll out of bed, Mr. Coffee's dead;

The morning's looking bright;

And your shrink ran off to Europe,

And didn't even write;

And your husband wants to be a girl;

LOL! Happy Holidays everyone.

Carolyn Marie

* reprinted from Wikepedia, so I don't think there are any copyright issues

Guest Joanna Phipps

I am glad everyone is happy and is going to have a reasonable christmas... hope youre new year is as well

I cannot say how I feel without sounding hurt, angry or upset so I wont say anything

I have so many reasons to feel sorry for myself and complain but for a few very good reasons I won't.

The Top Ten things that I have to be thankful for this Christmas

10) The Christmas Holiday Hours Madness Is Almost Over

9) I Have My health

8) I have My Carry Letter

7) I Am On HRT

6) 2009 Is Almost Over!

5) I Will Be Hosting The Annual Christmas Party At Laura's Playground Again

4) Skype For Giving Me The Chance To See And Hear My Friends

3) My Wonderful Friends I Have Made Here

2) Laura's Playground

1) Donna Jean! Happy Birthday Sweetheart!

I am at a point in my life where being alone at Christmas is not nearly so bad because now I know that I am not so alone, I have so often felt that while I had room for others in my heart no one had any room for me - I know that now not to be true - Thank you to all of you who keep me in your hearts and know that you are always in mine.

Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest JeanVier

Five things I am thankful for...

-my partner

-Laura's Playground forums

-one more year until I get my B.A.!

-a supportive advisor who is working with me on a trans-thesis

-a few new friends supportive of trans identities

-JV

Guest ~Brenda~

Amanda hon,

I know that this is a very difficult season for you and your family. I swear to you on my life that things do get so much better. You have not lost your children and you never will. I promise you that. You give them unconditional love and you continue to be a very wonderful parent. You will see, as they grow older how important your gift to them has been.

All my love,

Brenda

Guest Joanna Phipps

For many of us who have experienced loss in one form or another this time of year is probably the worst. There is no escaping the fact that stores, television, radio and some internet sites are pushing the buy now attitude. A lot of the programs are family christmas in nature, this compounds the lonliness that many feel. Things can get to the point of deep depressions, binge drinking, ilicit drugs, and for some maybe even suicide, unlike many of our brothers and sisters we are lucky to have Laura's, a safe place to come and hang out where we are understood and supported by those who know what it is like.

The further down this road of transition we walk the more of our old friends we are likely to lose. However as I have had proved to me over the last few days that does not stop us making other friends when the time is right. We, here at the playground, need to stick together and support eachother through this trying time. I am glad that there are several threads like this one going where we can just sit back and tell eachother how much we appreciate the support.

A big merry Christmas and happy new year to our wonderful host Laura, with out whom we would not have this community or the wonderful men and women who occupy it.

Brenda, thank you so much for everything hugs and a merry christmas. Will chat with you again real soon

Guest Amanda joan

This is a great thread and I am glad so many have shared their joys and fears.

I have allot to be greatful for.

I just had my third LHR (ouch!!)

I am officially on vacation until next year!!

I just got invited to go see my Daughter sing tomorrow.

I picked up my Mom at the Air Port last night.

I will be spending Christmas day in my house with my family and friends.

I have a great job in a great Company.

I am in good health.

I plan to start HRT next month.

I am losing my fear of going full time.

I am starting to have a pretty nice female wardrobe.

I also have allot of new friends that I love very much.Peace & Love Amanda

Guest Charlene_Leona

Even with the trials and pains I've suffered with because of my gender issues and other difficult events life has thrown at me. I'm thankful to have the folks here to talk and listen to and to help, I know why I've gone through all that I have and it's to make sure all of you don't have to.

I also have so much to be happy and thankful for like the love of my life Larry, a secure roof over my head, food to eat and just being alive. With all of that I couldn't ask for more but I'm so close to being done with my transition I can taste it. I will be going for SRS in the next 3-4 months and having spent the last three years working for this to be coming to fruition is nothing short of amazing to me.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Charlene Leona