• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How Do You Hide Your Clothes?

Guest Amy937

• Admin

I used to hide mine in boxes in a closet in the garage. The good thing was that my S.O. would have needed a ladder to get up there, so discovery was almost

out of the question.

Carolyn Marie

Guest ChloëC

Well, it depends on how much you've told your spouse, how ready you might be to come clean if your clothes are discovered, how big your place is and how meticulous your spouse may be.

A large attic can be beneficial as most wives don't tend to want to look into dark corners because who knows what might lurk there. A storage locker might be useful if you have the money available each month that won't be noticed. Sometimes, it just may help to go through your clothes and decide if some things are getting a little old and discard or donate. If you have your own car, (which I did until last Tuesday), the trunk - if garaged - can work.

I used to keep them in the largest suitcase - obstenably mine - until my spouse's one (slightly smaller) finally 'broke' and she decided to use mine giving me a smaller one. <sigh> In a sharing environment, though, it is difficult to keep secrets. Which is why for the moments we share, I have some things way in the back of a drawer, and my more dress-up things for my own moments usually put away, so others won't stumble upon them and my spouse doesn't have to think about them.

Chloë

Guest Emily H

An inconspicuous backpack in the corner of my closet used to hide everything. Now, I have become bold and use the bottom two drawers of my dresser. Nobody does my laundry for me, so nobody will ever be there.

Guest Maryteresa

My wife has formerly injured knees, on which she wears heavy braces while playing tennis, which is still (one of) her passions, and she claims she can't kneel anymore, so I thought I'd find a safe haven for my 'things' up in a small triangle loft high up in the apex over the loft in our big barn of a garage. Well, recently while I was away on business for a few days she braved the kneeling and unearthed my 'trove' and unceremoniously binned the lot, nothing said !

As a reaction to this I have gone on an ordering spree and have decided on a locked large cupboard in my workplace to hang my things....there are some dersses on the way. That, I hope, will solve the problem.

Guest MissAmy

I have a footlocker with a lock, but I worry about my brother finding out. He was interested in it at first when I got it and put normal stuff in it, but now he only mentions it every now and then.

My door is locked with a key, so even if he got into my room, it's doubtful he could get passed the lock. If he ever did get passed the other two, I would never hear the end of it.

He's a bit of a homophobe (I'm not gay but he wouldn't believe that if he found out about my crossdressing) and one of the meanest people you'll ever meet (out in public he's nice to people, at home not so much). He'll move out in a few months hopefully.

This is why I stay in the closest is because of him. He used to beat me everyday when we were kids and my mom was too much of a wuss to do anything about it. The beatings weren't severe (maybe halfway between play and real fighting), but he has made my life a living hell for a long time.

I used to share a room with my mom for a few years because we had 4 people with 3 rooms. She would sleep in the living room, but all of her stuff was in her room along with mine. So I had no closet space or a dresser to use. So I got this little rack to put my clothes on near the door. So my brother would come in my room (didn't have a lock since he broke the door that had one) all the time and grab everything on the rack and throw it on the floor.

When I got a new room, I had a lock on that door. But since the door was old, it took a bit of a push to close it. So my brother decided to "fix" it by taking a screwdriver and do who knows what to it, and when I closed it, it stayed shut. I eventually had to pull my hardest to get the thing open. After about 3 times of doing that, the door knob's middle thingy broke, so he blamed me for breaking it.

So with that door out of the way, he would always pester me. I couldn't even sleep during 9am to 10pm without him waking me up trying to mess with me.

I'm glad I got a new locked door many months ago. I had it before I bought my own stuff, so I can sleep in lingerie without worry if I want to.

I haven't slept in girl mode in awhile though. I need to do that tonight :)

Guest Amy LeBlanc

I have a duffle bag for some of my stuff and other stuff I have in my drawers and hanging up in my colset. Now that I am out to my family, they know about my clothes but I still hide some in my duffle bag in the colset and in my drawers. But I do my own laundry.

But eventiualy people will find out about your clothes.

But take care all.

Amy

Guest MichelleCanada

I am divorced and live alone right now, so my feminine attire is simply hung in the closet with my male clothing. Very convenient. If I have visitors staying overnight, I pack it all in a couple of suitcases.

Michelle