• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Underwear Question...

Guest kennerzzz

Guest kennerzzz

Good day, ladies! Hah, it always seems that my problems involve my down-there area.

I really need to find some nice underwear that will keep me in-tuck and still make me feel good (thats why undies are colored anyways...odds are good that nobody will see them!).

I took a risk and tried a cotton thong from victoria's secret. My tuck looked fantastic, until I let everything go, hoping for the thong to hold it in place. Let's just say that my cup runneth over. Big time. Not only was the front not wide enough, the thong was a bit too big. To put it into perspective, the thong was an XS. My waist is 27", and I have very small hips. My jeans are a size 1, and I currently wear a boys XXL brief from Gap Kids! Its the only underwear that fits me!

Anyone find a good thong to fit small hips AND cover the frontal region? I'm sure I could just throw any panty over top, the ones from Aerie are really cute.

Thanks a ton!

Guest Donna Jean
Good day, ladies! Hah, it always seems that my problems involve my down-there area.

I really need to find some nice underwear that will keep me in-tuck and still make me feel good (thats why undies are colored anyways...odds are good that nobody will see them!).

Thanks a ton!

I thought they were color coded so you knew which day to wear them on.....

Oh, and I can't give much tuck info because I didn't start with a lot in the first place...And 11 months of HRT has shrunk what was left!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

• Admin

I wear standard breifs, either cotton or nylon, 1-2 sizes smaller than what I would normally consider comfortable,

and that holds everything in place pretty well. But everyone is different. I'm not surprised that a thong didn't

work well. You need more surface area to keep everything in unless you're using tape or a gaff.

Carolyn Marie

Guest kennerzzz
I've fallen in love with nylon stockings. I get the Control Top variety and they do just that! I usually wear panties over them just for an extra bit of hold.

But I haven't had good luck with panties. Some are too narrow for all that guy stuff and some don't have enough holding power. When I get the right ones, I'm getting 20 of them and throwing out the rest!

Kat

Ah, so you just use the cut-the-legs-off method? Now, awkward question insertion: Do you just pull them up like a brief, or pull the back in like a thong, like I have read other people do in some other places?

The only reason why I really wanted a thong was because I assume that they'd last longer than anything nylon, and I'm a teenager and can't be walking around in my low-rise jeans with some granny panties hangin' out the top!

Guest Joanna Phipps
Hi

I use full-length panty hose, a bit large so that they can be pulled up high. The top has enough elastic to hold anything. I'd used the cut off method, but found that I didn't need all that discomfort after getting all my parts trained right.

But low-rise jeans are a problem that this granny will never have to deal with. The pantyhose can be rolled down at the top, but would be hard to hide. You may need to get a gaffe or use tape (ick!).

Kat

My problem with pantyhose is that I am 6'2 and all of the ones I can find stop at 6'. I tried a pair and they werent exactly comfortable with all of the stretch I had to put on them to get them where I needed them

Hi Kenerezz,

There are pretty strong control pants in the shops, I think you call em

""girdles"", anyway they are really constructed strong. They wont win beauty

contests but will do the job , unless you got some serious "tackle" down there hun.

If that"s the case your just gonna have to wait till estrogen does its work . The

stuff we go through hun , huh ???. luv,viv :)

Guest kennerzzz
lol Im 6'2 and 250 lb. and all leg so there is a lot of lower end to cover before i ever get to my middle bit

I'm 6'1" and 118 lbs. with a 36" inseam. Shopping for jeans is sooo hard!

Hi Kenerezz,

There are pretty strong control pants in the shops, I think you call em

""girdles"", anyway they are really constructed strong. They wont win beauty

contests but will do the job , unless you got some serious "tackle" down there hun.

If that"s the case your just gonna have to wait till estrogen does its work . The

stuff we go through hun , huh ???. luv,viv :)

Ahh I see. Hah, I guess you're right. I havent begun HRT yet, because my therapist is a creep (really...he's convinced he knows more about me than i do...which is clearly false!), but he's the best in the area, so I have no choice...

In my tucking thread, someone (i forget who!) commented saying that they use a thong to stay in tuck (i'm pretty sure...i'd need to re-read it)....if only they could tell us where they got them!

Guest Camicochan

I usually use cotton panties and then a gaff on top, then I try to get lower rise jeans. All this together works pretty well for me, I just readjust every few hours when I go to the bathroom.

I'm 6'1" and 118 lbs. with a 36" inseam. Shopping for jeans is sooo hard!

I know what you mean all to well being 6' 130lbs when I find a pair of jeans that fit just right I cherish them :P

As for panties so long as the tuck is right any nice cotton ones do but thats with a pair of tight jeans...

Guest krisspykriss

There is also the option of tailoring a pair or two. Even someone who barely passed home ec. can do it. Buy the smallest pair you can find that meets your needs. Put them on insideout and take in the excess by folding the waistband in at the sides (where the current seam is). Now safety pin it. Remove them and sow it together. Cut off the excess. Voila! A thong in girls sizes!

Hugz,

Chrissy

Guest krisspykriss
Kriss that assumes that you can, in fact, sew. Thats a skill I havent learned yet

Hey girl, our biggest limitations are in our own minds. It doesnt have to look pretty. It just has to stay together. Thread a needle, make a knot, and sow away. No need to do any fancy stitching. Just make sure that each stitch is only an eight inch long, they all overlap sightly, and you have even tension on the thread as you do it. We are only talking about an inch or two of stitch on each side. Anyone can do it if they give it a patient attempt.

I have found that certain styles of panties from Lane Bryant are nice and stretchy and have enough frontal area to hold in all the extra parts comfortably. They were 3 for $25 at last check. They feel good, come in several colors and don't bind the way most do when I sit or cross my (substantial) legs. Try those!

Love

Pamela

Guest andreahilton

Women underwear are so OMG! When I went shopping for them, I was shocked how there was way too many and it was hard choosing one. Ek! I just dislike tiny undies that seems to be "sexy" and weird underwear that isn't comfortable at all.

I just wear simple basic women undies. :)

Oh and jeans are actually very easy for me to get, I have the same size as my sister. Yay! :lol:

Guest Joanna Phipps

I know what you mean, i never realized just how awkward it can be to find the right bra. I purchased a dress yesterday that is fairly low cut... then had to go on the hunt for a lower cut bra... cripes that took me more time than finding the dress.

Guest Donna Jean

I just like the basics....

Nice Hi-cut cotton undies....in colors.

And the ones that advertise "No panty line"...Don't you believe it!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest sarah f

Joanna I agree with you. The bra is the hardest thing to find. You want one that is a comfortable fit but they are hard to find. You really need to go to the dressing room to try it on first to see if it will work for you. The only question is if you feel comfortable enough to go to the dressing room with only a bra. I am not there yet so I just have to return the bra if it does not fit right. After I start HRT then maybe I will have enough confidence in myself to try things on before I buy them.

Sarah F

Guest Joanna Phipps
Joanna I agree with you. The bra is the hardest thing to find. You want one that is a comfortable fit but they are hard to find. You really need to go to the dressing room to try it on first to see if it will work for you. The only question is if you feel comfortable enough to go to the dressing room with only a bra. I am not there yet so I just have to return the bra if it does not fit right. After I start HRT then maybe I will have enough confidence in myself to try things on before I buy them.

Sarah F

Doesnt bother me any, I was in the fitting rooms of two different stores yesterday and all I took with me were bras.

Guest ~Brenda~

Sweetheart,

To be honest, I recommend that you stay away from thongs. Where you are at now you need support to hold everything in place and look good :) Of course comfort is absolutely necessary. Looking good means nothing if you are uncomfortable.

Simply put... Layers. Layers give you both the comfort and the look you need.

Panty hose over panties works for a while, but try to wear pantyhose all day.... after a while you want those pantyhose off (Similar to high heels, feels great for a while, but after a while your feet are screaming get these dang things off!!!). Wearing a couple of nice cotton panties will make you feel just right.

Also, I recommend cotton. Cotton lets your skin breath. Believe me hon, I have worn many different types of fabrics... cotton for underwear is the way to go.

I have a topic on tucking somewhere here (I think it is in the MTF forum) you may want to check that out to get more advice :)

Hope this helps hon :)

Brenda