• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Breastforms

Guest Diana Prince

Guest Diana Prince

I just purchased a pair of Size 9 breastforms from eBay. Here is the store I got it from: http://stores.ebay.com/dreamform?refid=store. I got the forms for $36.00, much cheaper than the average prices that they have been selling them for. My chestsize is 39, so according to the sizing chart, these should give me about a 40D chest.

These are my first breastforms, and I have some questions.

1) First, are these okay forms? Or have I wasted my money?

2) Will these be forms I need to glue on? If not, how do they stick?

3) If the color is dramatically different from my skin color, is there anything I can do help blend the form?

4) These say any bra will work, since my chestsize is 39, do I just go buy a 40D bra?

Any help is appreciated. I am very nervous as well as excited about getting the forms. One of the biggest concerns is that my wife, who has been extremely supportive, does not know yet. I fear this will be a bit much for her. Not exactly how to ask her yet, but the price was low enough that I thought I would give them a try.

Thanks everyone for the support!

• Admin

Hi, Diana. Well, I've only owned one pair myself and worn them just a few times, so I claim no

expertise.

But I know a couple of things. You only need adhesive if you plan to wear them without

a bra. That is also the only situation where you are likely to need worry about color matching

your skin. I don't think mine even had a color choice, but they might have.

The measurement instructions for mine was to use a fabric tape and measure just under the

breast itself. Make sure you hold the tape tightly to get an accurate measurement. If it measures

39, then use that, or if you want to be sure its snug enough, use a 38. The cup size on the

breast form should be the same as the bra cup size.

I found that the form fits nicely into the bra and I haven;t had any problem keeping it inside there,

even on very warm days. The forms will get damp, though, so air dry them before putting them away.

Also, the bra's shoulder straps are adustable, so if they slip down just adjust the straps.

I hope this helps. I've found them very comfortable and a real confidence builder. Just be sure

not to pat or squeeze them while wearing them! :rolleyes: I've actually had to stop myself from

doing that a couple of times. Could be rather embarassing in public. :P

Carolyn Marie

Diana, as I write this I am wearing my forms. I wear a size 14 form and a size 18 form. The 14's on me are a DDD and the 18's are a J. I also have a C cup.I have worn forms for many years and the challenging part is the bra. Depending on the manufacture and style your band size and cup size will vary. Unless you go to a store and try a bra on with your forms it is a little bit trail and error. I have standard bras and mastectomy bras with pockets to hold the forms. I agree with a good fitting bra your forms should stay in place. I also don't wear anything very low and at times I use a product called it stays to keep my forms in place. My forms are silicone and heavy as I like the feel on my chest and shoulder straps. I measure 40" where the band fits and wear a 42 bra. In your case I would try a 42D. As I said there is some trail and error and size varies by manufacture. The 42J I am wearing now is very tight and the other 42H I have is not as tight. Good luck and enjoy your breastforms. In my opinion there is nothing like the feel of having breasts.

Fran

I just purchased a pair of Size 9 breastforms from eBay. Here is the store I got it from: http://stores.ebay.com/dreamform?refid=store. I got the forms for $36.00, much cheaper than the average prices that they have been selling them for. My chestsize is 39, so according to the sizing chart, these should give me about a 40D chest.

These are my first breastforms, and I have some questions.

1) First, are these okay forms? Or have I wasted my money?

2) Will these be forms I need to glue on? If not, how do they stick?

3) If the color is dramatically different from my skin color, is there anything I can do help blend the form?

4) These say any bra will work, since my chestsize is 39, do I just go buy a 40D bra?

Any help is appreciated. I am very nervous as well as excited about getting the forms. One of the biggest concerns is that my wife, who has been extremely supportive, does not know yet. I fear this will be a bit much for her. Not exactly how to ask her yet, but the price was low enough that I thought I would give them a try.

Thanks everyone for the support!

Guest Diana Prince

Okay, now I am very confused. The forms came today, my first thought was HOLY CRAP they are huge. Very intimidating. But now I have many questions. How do I know if these forms are able to be glued? The forms have a plastic ridge that makes it look like there is a plastic covering that needs to be peeled off, but it doesn't seem like it peels off. Is this just a form that requires to be held in place by a bra? I sent the ebay seller the basic question but have not heard back yet. Can anyone provide me with some insight?

Here is a link to the seller's items.

http://shop.ebay.com/dreamform/m.html?_nkw...p;_trksid=p3686

Any assistance is GREATLY appreciated.

Guest Diana Prince

I am actually wearing them right now, I used one of my wife's sport bras. It isn't perfect, but it at least gives me the idea. Even though they seemed so large, with them in place they seem a very good size. I love the weight and the feel. I tried on my new sweater dress with them, and I have to say... I am enjoying them already.

http://tinyurl.com/y9jnbdu

Now I just need to figure out if I can glue them in place, or if I have to have a bra. And if I have to have a bra, what type is best, and what size. For now I will get by with this sports bra that works pretty well. The sweater dress is also perfect because it completely covers the top of my body.

Guest i is Sam :-)

that's a very nice dress. yeah a loose fitting sports bra will give you a reasonably comfortable option to keep them on without adhesive if you want. and then obviously you can wear nicer bras (the ones that kill your back after a few hours) when you want. I'd give yourself a little time with them before you consider gluing them in place, they might make you sweat or itch or get uncomfortable.

Guest Diana Prince

So, for some additional information to help others. I have found that the forms I purchased can be held in place with either Hollister Medical Adhesive or It Stays water-based adhesive. I am not certain if shortens the life of the form or not, but the seller is the one that provided me with the information about the adhesive that can be used with the forms.

I may continue to use the sports bra for a while until I get used to them as I is sam suggested. I will be wearing them for short time spans anyway. Perhaps if I ever have a case where I am wearing them for an extended period of time I could use some adhesive.

Thanks for the help!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Guest Diana Prince
Hi Diana,

Thanks for providing that link. I've been looking for breasforms but just can't afford the $150 that they usually are.

Kat

My Pleasure! I am wearing them again tonight and I have to say I am really liking them. In fact, tonight I am sitting here in the black sweater dress, green opaque tights, black 5" heels, and underneath I have the forms on held in place with a sports bra as well as a black under bust corset. Between the breasts and the corset, it is nearly impossible to see my feet without bending over. :)

Guest MichelleCanada

Hi Diana.

I have two sets of breast enhancers. One pair (36A) I've had for about 10 years, but they have lost some of their "bulk" since then. This is the pair I wear most of the time, as they appear most suitable for my small frame (5'7", 116 lbs.). I use regular bras for these, have never attempted to use adhesive. I also wear these every day when outside in the winter, as they aren't obvious under the heavier clothing.

For the times when I want to appear a little less classy (when my boyfriend visits!!), I have a pair of the type you mentioned (but purchased on another eBay site). They are Size 7. They are quite heavy - 1.5 lbs each - and that is the way I like them at certain times. I think they would be too heavy to be properly supported by adhesive. I also have extra large nipples glued to this set. I wear them in a see-through "pocket bra" - 36DD. These bras are available on a few eBay sites, one being:

See through Bra

and probably elsewhere. When I use these forms and the pocket bra, I usually wear something transparent or semi-transparent over them, to please my BF.

The forms you bought are good quality. The only negative some girls have about them is the long "tails" they have. But positioned correctly, with the tail pointing horizontally towards your back, they work well enough,

I believe the poly covering for both types is meant to be left on, they're easy to clean with it.

As for blending the colour, I have never tried that, they seem close enough to my own colour.

I paid about $30 US for the smaller set some years ago, and about $50 for the huge ones!

Good luck with your wife, I hope she continues to be supportive of your choice and desires.

Guest Diana Prince
I just bought some from the same seller, but size 6, they seem really good to me

Yeah, I am thinking about buying a size 7, the size 9's are huge.

Guest Steph S.

Diana,

How long did it take for the forms to get mailed to your house and was it done discretely? I'm leaving on a week long trip and thought about getting a pair to pass the time while sitting in the hotel room.

Guest Diana Prince
Diana,

How long did it take for the forms to get mailed to your house and was it done discretely? I'm leaving on a week long trip and thought about getting a pair to pass the time while sitting in the hotel room.

I received them in about 4 days. The package was a discrete box, though it had the return address of DreamForms on them. My wife knew what they were from the box because of the name. Overall though, it was a discrete package and it was very fast. I was very impressed with the seller, though next time I will try to intercept the package before anyone does.

Guest Steph S.
I just bought some from the same seller, but size 6, they seem really good to me

Amy,

What was your experience with this company? Was the shiping fairly quick? I've been considering "trying" the size 6 or possibly 7, but the 7's sound too big.

Guest julia_d

sizing the things is a little awkward. What I have seen suggested is to get your favourite bra and stuff it with something till it all looks in proportion.. then do the standard cup size measurement. Be careful .. a little small is better than too big. Bee stings are quite normal where huge draws the wrong kind of attention... and personally I don't think they look right until you get your stance right.. that's why my homebrew ones are the same weight as boob.. carrying a few pounds of stuff about on the front of you changes your posture

I'm no expert either.. because I grew my own, but now I have a couple of baggies with cous cous in them.. just for a little extra.. because my natural size is a 34B and I like to fill out a C *giggles*

Guest Diana Prince
sizing the things is a little awkward. What I have seen suggested is to get your favourite bra and stuff it with something till it all looks in proportion.. then do the standard cup size measurement. Be careful .. a little small is better than too big. Bee stings are quite normal where huge draws the wrong kind of attention... and personally I don't think they look right until you get your stance right.. that's why my homebrew ones are the same weight as boob.. carrying a few pounds of stuff about on the front of you changes your posture

I'm no expert either.. because I grew my own, but now I have a couple of baggies with cous cous in them.. just for a little extra.. because my natural size is a 34B and I like to fill out a C *giggles*

I went with an insanely large size 9 based on something I read that said, go one cup size larger than you think you would want. I then measured my chest and used that to determine the size (using the size chart on the ebay seller's page). The result I was looking for was a 40D. I think the D was a bit big though, I am thinking I would have been much happier with a 40C. Anyway, I will never be wearing these in public, so it really doesn't matter if they are too big. The important part is the feel, and I have to say I really enjoy the weight of them.

As for the shipping, it was fast, and I am very happy I purchased from this seller. If you are patient, the forms often sell under $40. If you have no patience, you will pay closer to 80-90.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Steph S.
I went with an insanely large size 9 based on something I read that said, go one cup size larger than you think you would want. I then measured my chest and used that to determine the size (using the size chart on the ebay seller's page). The result I was looking for was a 40D. I think the D was a bit big though, I am thinking I would have been much happier with a 40C. Anyway, I will never be wearing these in public, so it really doesn't matter if they are too big. The important part is the feel, and I have to say I really enjoy the weight of them.

As for the shipping, it was fast, and I am very happy I purchased from this seller. If you are patient, the forms often sell under $40. If you have no patience, you will pay closer to 80-90.

Well Diana do you have any updates on the forms now? How is the quality and have you gotten a smaller size yet? I keep looking at them on Ebay but still haven't made the big purchase. From what I can tell a size 6 and possibly 7 would be large enough. I figure we still need to factor in what God gave us. Well give me an update when you get a chance! Cheers!

Guest Diana Prince
Well Diana do you have any updates on the forms now? How is the quality and have you gotten a smaller size yet? I keep looking at them on Ebay but still haven't made the big purchase. From what I can tell a size 6 and possibly 7 would be large enough. I figure we still need to factor in what God gave us. Well give me an update when you get a chance! Cheers!

The forms seem to be very good quality. I have not tried any adhesive yet, and I have not gotten a bra yet for the forms. I have just stuck with the sports bra for the time being. I am going to be looking for a bra here in the next couple days, so I will have to provide an update after that. As for the size, they are too big. I have not yet purchased a smaller pair yet and I probably won't any time soon. I am only planning on wearing them around the house when no one is home, so the size really isn't that big of a deal. I purchased a size 9 (I measured myself and figured a 40" chest below the bust and then got what I needed for a D. It turns out I have more of a 38" chest size under the bust as I didn't know you raise your arms to get the measurement. My wife measured me and told me to get a 38D to start out, but I may need a 38DD. I would have preferred a 38C, but I got the size 9 because they were much cheaper.

Overall, I think if you are patient and wait for a good deal from the forms on ebay I would definitely recommend them, especially if they are your first pair. That way if you do have to replace them you aren't replacing a $100-200 investment.

I hope this helps!

Diana

Guest Krystyna_Marie

Thanks for the link - I purchased some size 8 forms from the same seller, intending to fill out a 40C or D bra. The forms are about right to the touch, perhaps a little firmer than natural in this size. I hadn't imagined myself so, uh, busty, but to be realistic, I'm 5'7" 170#, so busty looks healthy and right on me. I originally thought I'd go with an a or b cup, but I'm loving large :D Easy buying experience on Ebay, delivery was fast, and I love how the silicone warms to my skin as I wear them - soon, they feel like a part of me :o

Kisses!

KM

Hi,

I also have a 40-42. I once bought a form to get a D. It looks to big on me. No I am planing to get a form that I will have a B or C. The problem is that a male chest is bigger than a female chest. If we would place a breast with a nice size on it, it looks unnatural big from the side. From the front it looks good. So I try to find a form that looks wide from the front but small from the side to hide my chest under it. Man has more chest muscles and a bigger lung volume. So if we place a female breast on it that fit to the body height, it looks in total to big.

Than the next step after breast forms is maybe using a corset to chape the lower part of the body. If you do that to get a nice female chape, the volume of the belly area is pushed upwards into the chest. Than you get more than before. For me I increase by two inch. If I use clothing size, my butt has a 40-42 and my chest without breast form has a 44-46 (all european sizes). If I than place a form on it it increase to 48-50 and that looks strange to a 40 butt size ;-)

So I would suggest to choose a much smaller size. Also if you take a look to movies with drag queens or people who are outed as trans, they all look strange because the chest is to big.

By the way, nice dress. One point more on my must have list.

Greetings

Nelly

I ordered my first pair from Dr Leonards last November. Normally I use a Nerf ball cut in half. Since I have a 44 chest I figured 44C would do it. When they arrived I found them a little large for my bras. Guess I'll have to get larger cups and see how that goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If you want another option, I bought my C cups from http://www.truekare.com/ -- they were around $70 if I remember. The girls have worked well! They are naturally adhesive and say they'll last anywhere from 20 -100 uses before it wears off and then you can use tapes, etc. I know I've used mine way more than 20 times. Probably close to 100 and the adhesive has worn off a little along one edge, but they stay nicely attached inside a bra. You can feel the weight if you walk fast or jump. I love it.

Hope this helps!

Sienna

Guest Steph S.

I also got my first set of forms from a company called 5startradings out on Ebay. Their service was wonderful and fast and the product seems to be of very good quality. I only paid $36 shipped for a pair of #6 (36C/38B) forms that seem to be much larger than I anticipated. Anyway I discovered after looking at them that forms are not for me, so if anyone is interested in them let me know (they are brand new). They have concave back an are 2.5" tall and weigh 14oz each. On Tuesday I'm going to send them back so if you are interested give me a shout.