• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

New Girl On The Block

Guest Katrina Reann

Guest Katrina Reann

Hi all!

Well this is my first time so I thought I* would introduce myself. My name is Katrina Reann and I am 47 years old. I live in a small town a few miles from Peoria, IL and I am happily married to a wonderful and accepting woman. I do consider myself to be transsexual even though I am not on HRT or had SRS, My story is a pretty typical one. I started wearing girls clothes at about 9 yrs. old and new there was something different about me because I loved all things girlie and didn't feel comfortable in my own skin. Needless to say that was very confusing to me and it played on my emotions and self esteem. Back in the 60's and 70's you just didn't her about GID or transsexualism. Because of my insecurities about myself my peers and school mates also knew I was different and were very cruel to me. Which in turn only added to my own insecurities. And those insecurities took years and counseling to overcome. I hid my desires to be and dress feminine from my family and friends until in my late thirties.

My first full transformation didn't come until I was in my mid twenties. And when I was totally dressed and looked in a mirror I knew I was looking at the real me. That is when I started dressing every chance I got. I have lived full time as a woman a few years ago before I met my wife and it was the free time of my life. But I was lonely and in search of an accepting woman. My struggle was never about preference and has always been about my identity. I met my wife a little over 4 years ago through some roommates, there is a story behind how we met that is kind of funny and I'll share that later.. I was straight up with her on the first night we might that I loved to CD and struggled with my gender and she didn't really bat an eye. She had moved to Tulsa and into our little group home because she had been abused in past relationships. We were all a bunch of misfits that had crossed paths and decided to get our own place and share expenses. Altogether there was 5 of us after Debi (my wife) moved in. We spent the next few days and nights together talking, giggling, and just having fun getting to know one another. I had never been married before and in a few relationships but I knew we had something special and after only nine days I asked her to marry me and to my surprise she accepted.

At first I did have to make a lot of compromises with my dressing and we watched a lot of shows on transgendered people to help educate her. At first I could only dress a couple days a week and she didn't want me going beyond our door because she was scared for my safety. But every few months we would sit down and reset the boundaries because she could see just how hard it was for me and she could also see how free I was when I was dressed. She gave me a lot of make up tips and was always buying me things from lingerie to outfits, to wigs. And now I dress almost everyday. I still don't get out much. Living in a smal town in the midwest it is just not widely accepted. I did get spend a week in my preferred gender earlier this month on a vacation in Las Vegas. Which was awesome to say the least!. For those of you who have never been to Vegas, it is a very accepting area. Don't get me wrong, there are still those nasty remarks occasionally and I am sure there are places you want to be careful in, but over all it was a good experience for me and my wife. She seen firsthand how comfortable and free I was as Katrina. So much so that she said, "no more compromises when we get home. I want you to be you." And we are now looking into moving to the Vegas area. Not just for me but for her health as well.

I would start HRT yesterday if I could but we are both disabled and live on a limited income. So that makes it very hard for me, but if I could live as a woman it would help. I know I would still struggle because my gender doesn't match my body but at least if I could live as Katrina I would have the freedom of expressing myself.

Well that's pretty much who I am in a nutshell. I look forward to getting to know all or some of you and hopefully make some good friends...Huggsss...Katrina

• Root Admin

Hello Katrina,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Looking forward to hearing more about you. :)

MaryEllen

• Admin

Hello, Katrina, and welcome to Laura's!

That is a wonderful and fascinating introduction. I am so glad that your wife is supportive and understanding. It is a rare and beautiful thing,

and I know you treasure that relationship. Good on both of you.

This is a great place for you to be. We consider ourselves a big family here, and we support our members in every way we can, with

friendship and information and love. I think you are going to fit in just fine.

Please do look around the forums and post your questions and opinions. You might like the Chat Rooms too.

I look forward to hearing that story about how you met your wife. :)

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest sarah f

Welcome to Laura's Katrina. I hope you are able to move to Vegas ASAP so that you can live the life you and your wife desire. I was in Vegas in June and let me tell you that there are many trans people living there. You should fit in nicely. I hope to see some more of your posts later.

Love,

Sarah F

Guest Charlene_Leona

Hello Katrina welcome to the playground we are a very loving and supportive family and you will be able to find allot of the answers to your question here. We are not Gender Therapist and can't act accordingly. But we can help you start to find your self. I hope you will find us an invaluable aid in your transition.

You defiantly have one thing in your favor and that is a loving and supportive wife that wants you to be yourself. That is the ultimate thing that will make your transition go smoothly. Once you have made five post you will be able to send private messages to other users so post away.

I noticed too that we are practically neighbors and would like to tell you that University City on the border of Saint Louis has gender identity and expression protections written into the city bylaws. So if you and your wife are looking for a relatively safe place for you to come out in public this is the place to do it. Thats why I live here.

Enjoy and take care

Charlene Leona

Guest Katrina Reann

Thanks all for the welcome.

Charlene.

Yeah you are about2 and a half or 3 hours south of us. And thanks for the tip about the the city by laws there. If things don't work out for a Vegas move we may look into it. My wife has lived in Vegas before and it feels like home to her. And the climate there is more favorable to her health than this midwest weather. That plays a big part in our desire to move there.

Guest Charlene_Leona

It's a great place to go out on the town and enjoy oneself if for an evening as well look up the Delmar Loop and you will see what I mean.

Charlene Leona

Guest Katrina Reann
It's a great place to go out on the town and enjoy oneself if for an evening as well look up the Delmar Loop and you will see what I mean.

Charlene Leona

Thank you, I will looke up the area and the Demar Loop..:)

Guest Katrina Reann

That looks so neat. We may have to take a couple of days to come down there and check it out. That area could be a real possibility if we don't move to the Vegas area. I am sure there are other areas that are TG friendly as well. I have searched and searched the internet but never been able to find anything. Is there a list somewhere of TG friendly areas??

Guest DisDwarf

Hi!!! Welcome and please feel comfy here, I'm new too!! I'm from europe in my late 20s and I'm a female in a male body but haven't decided about transition etc yet, I guess I need my time :) Glad to hear you have found a loving wife! happy holidays and a happy new year!

Guest Katrina Reann
Hi!!! Welcome and please feel comfy here, I'm new too!! I'm from europe in my late 20s and I'm a female in a male body but haven't decided about transition etc yet, I guess I need my time :) Glad to hear you have found a loving wife! happy holidays and a happy new year!

Thank you! Happy Holidays and new year to you as well.

You are still young and there is a lot to think about when one is weighing all the options. I would suggest contacting one of the mods for therapists in your area to help you look at all the options. Usually there is a lot of things we don't think about when thinking about transitioning. From what I have seen so far there is many resources here.

Guest Charlene_Leona
That looks so neat. We may have to take a couple of days to come down there and check it out. That area could be a real possibility if we don't move to the Vegas area. I am sure there are other areas that are TG friendly as well. I have searched and searched the internet but never been able to find anything. Is there a list somewhere of TG friendly areas??

Katrina

I'm not sure if there's a list anywhere but I know Kansas City has gender protections in their laws but I'm not too sure of other areas. Maybe some other users could help and i could put together a list.

Yea it is a neat place and we even have a new hotel called the Moonrise right across the city line thats a cool place to stay while your visiting.

Take Care

Charlene Leona

Guest Jean Davis

Well that's pretty much who I am in a nutshell.

Hey Katrina

You don't know how tempted I was to have Sally go get her Texas sized nutcrackers to get you out of that nutshell. :D:lol:

But seriously, Welcome to the family, so happy you could join us. :P

I can't wait to hear the story on how you meet your wife, I love stories with happy endings. ;)

I'll be lookin' forward to hearing more from you.

LUV

Jean

Guest Katrina Reann
Well that's pretty much who I am in a nutshell.

Hey Katrina

You don't know how tempted I was to have Sally go get her Texas sized nutcrackers to get you out of that nutshell. :D:lol:

But seriously, Welcome to the family, so happy you could join us. :P

I can't wait to hear the story on how you meet your wife, I love stories with happy endings. ;)

I'll be lookin' forward to hearing more from you.

LUV

Jean

Girl,

I am one big nut and my shell fits very tightly around me...lol...So plz tell Sally to be very gentle with me. Because I don't want to have a nervous breakdown or "fall a part" because of some oversized nutcracker. I know they make everything bigger and stronger in Tx and I am fragile..lol...very fragile.

Hi Katrina,

<<hug>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have MTF meetings-Mon & Sat 9pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Don't worry, I'm here with the giant nutcracker so we'll have you out of that shell in a jiffy or something else almost as quick.

I am very good at this, I haven't hurt anybody yet,

And since you might get cold without your shell I have brought you some hot cocoa and some fresh baked cookies to warm you up a bit.

As you can see we are a friendly group and vey welcoming.

Now step right out of that shell and join the family.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Hello, Katrina!

I'm Donna Jean...welcome to the Playground!

I haven't had a chance to say "HI!" yet...so, I'll take that opportunity right now...

Well, by now you can see what sort of a place this is...filled to the brim with fun, loving, compassionate people!

Please enjoy your time here..read lots and make friends!

It's nice to have you!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Katrina Reann
Don't worry, I'm here with the giant nutcracker so we'll have you out of that shell in a jiffy or something else almost as quick.

I am very good at this, I haven't hurt anybody yet,

And since you might get cold without your shell I have brought you some hot cocoa and some fresh baked cookies to warm you up a bit.

As you can see we are a friendly group and vey welcoming.

Now step right out of that shell and join the family.

Love ya,

Sally

Aww, that is so sweet! But I still want references..lol (jk'ing)

I already feel at home :). It is like a can of mixed nuts. And I'll take that hot cup of cocoa an cookies. Just don't put any of my cousins in those cookies. (Whisper..they are Spanish nuts)

Guest Katrina Reann

Thanks all for the warm welcome. I already feel at home here as you can see. I have already registered for the chat but haven't been in the rooms much. I also plan to attend the mtf group tonight or next Monday to see what it is like. So I am finding my way around pretty well. And I just have to say again, I am very impressed with this site and the people here...Huggsss to all...Katrina

Guest Amanda joan

Hello Katrina,

You have really made a great introduction and I can tell you are going to fit in here, no problem.

I think you are a lucky girl to have such a supportive spouse. I hope that you will be able to live the life that makes you both happy.

I hope that this New Year is a happy one for you.

Peace & Love Amanda