• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ok, I'm Angry...

Guest Donna Jean

Guest Donna Jean

I posted this earlier..

because it's significant...

http://www.lauras-playground.com/forums/in...c=14813&hl=

But, Aeryn alerted me to a site that (right wing) is totally against us....Period...

So, I HAD to post a little something....I usually don't do this sort of thing, but it really got to me....

This person said:

The proper term is “cosmetically altered”. One can think that they are anything they want to be called, but that does not change reality. His chromosomes are still male. But since the F.O. lives in an alternative reality, and wants to destroy this nation, then of course he wants us to not believe reality.

So, I said...

The Great Frank says…..

Yeah, the great Frank says…

I’m A combat veteran of Vietnam..tried to stop the creep of communism from getting here..i was a cop in Miami…tried to stop the stupidity of gangs and the horror of death to the people…

I gave blood to help those in need….

I have lived a good life…

And some of you people talk to me out of the comfort of your mother’s basement about who is helping or breaking this country based on their gender?????

YOU!!!???:

Well, I’m so glad that you are making a difference in this world….

I hope that you allow me to try to make a difference, too!

Donna Jean

I try to avoid these things....

My bad...

Donna Jean

Guest sarah f

You let it all out GF. LOL Donna will get the joke in that. I hate the close mindedness that is still out there today. I like your earlier post of Obama appointing a trans but we are still a minority to most. Hopefully things will change sooner than later but I see us struggling for a while longer. By the way don't worry about the rant because we all feel the same way.

Love,

Sarah F

• Admin

Donna Jean, you said what had to be said, and did it well.

Not that it will have any effect on the right wing know-nothings who populate the airwaves and the web. They thrive on bigotry and prejudice,

and hide in their little corners and postulate their conspiracy theories. They pay no attention to anyone with a different world view, and

for them, bigotry is an answer in itself.

We cannot combat such drivel with words. Good deeds speak louder than words, so lets prove these idiots wrong by being the best we

can be, and let our actions speak for us. Maybe, just maybe, a few of them will change their minds as a result.

Good job, Dee Jay.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Miss Aeryn

Tsk, tsk, tsk Donna Jean, you are a bad woman ;)

Get back in the kitchen!

But seriously, how can you even argue rationally against someone who posts this:

ron says

Hopefully, his next appointment wil be someone who doesn’t hate this country, and is actually QUALIFIED at what he/she does. It’s a well-known fact that he solicits advive from Fidel Castro, Putin, the Saudi King, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Hu Jintao, and Kim Jung Il for his cabinet appointments.

January 1, 2010, 7:12 pm

*Aeryn tiptoes away very carefully*

Guest Natalie92

I see 3 possibilites of "the great frank's comments.

1) Since this IS a right wing page, and he can't find any ACTUAL cricitsm of an Obama administration appointment, he's smearing this woman based on her gender identity, since that's really the only thing that he could go after.

2) He's genuinely a loser who thinks that any LGBT person is a "Freak"

3) All of the above.

My guess is that it's either 1 or 3, leaning towards 3. I think this man is genuinely upset that someone who's THAT qualified could be appointed to a spot in this administration and decided to smear the rest of the community (AND that he's too big of a baby to admit it). And he's pretty much the only one who went out of their way to make a attack like that. And the article ITSELF wasn't really hurtful. It simply listed her credentials along with the fact that she's transgendered. (Some of them used wrong pronouns, but I'm willing to give them the BOTD that they simply don't know the correct ones to use as their overall comments weren't that hurtful to her). My point is, no matter what community you belong to, there's going to be people out there who hate you for belonging to it. Whether that community is based on your race, sex, nationality, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, income level, education level, etc. there are going to be people out there who hate you for it.

It's wrong, and I know it. But, although I'm not even 18 yet, I've come to realize that's how the majority of humans think. There's an "us v. them" mentality that a lot of people have.

Love & peace & chicken grease

Natalie Alexis

Guest Anna_Banana

http://www.therightperspective.org/2010/01...er-appointment/

I reposted the link in this topic because I think everyone should hear what your fellow Americans (excuse me if you aren't from the U.S.) are saying. Let's look at a few of these insightful posts:

Chuck says:

I must admit that I am a little suprised to see that an otherwise vey stable and accomplished person such as “Amanda” would choose to go transgender. An intresting choice on the name, though, because it could also be read as “A man, duh !!”

-As Chuck points out, we all choose to be transgender, it's not a natural occurrence. It's unfortunate that Amanda isn't as stable or as witty is him ("A man, duh!" Har har har).

Ron says:

Hopefully, his next appointment wil be someone who doesn’t hate this country, and is actually QUALIFIED at what he/she does.

-The great and eminent Ron points out that Amanda hates this country, probably because she is transgender. As you can recall, all transgender people are actually terrorists in disguise. Furthermore, serving over thirty years in the aerospace industry and as Deputy Director in Advanced Technology Development does not qualify her for the new position she has been appointed to. We prefer to appoint highly-trained zebra that can walk and chew at the same time, not engineering/business administration graduates.

Jeff from Torontostan says:

That’s great, I mean he hardly looks like a man in a wig at all!

-Thank you, Jeff, for your wonderful insight. By the way, is Torontostan next to Turkey or Iran? Can't quite figure that one out or why you are even commenting on U.S. appointments anyway.

.Anna

/facepalm

Guest Natalie92
http://www.therightperspective.org/2010/01...er-appointment/

-As Chuck points out, we all choose to be transgender, it's not a natural occurrence. It's unfortunate that Amanda isn't as stable or as witty is him ("A man, duh!" Har har har).

.Anna

/facepalm

The worst part is, that's a recycled line. The line came out of a "Friends" epsiode, right before Monica and Chandler's wedding when they tell Rachel to find Chandler's dad (described as "the man in the black dress") she goes up to a woman who she thinks is his dad (it's not) and introuces herself. The woman responds by saying "Hi. I'm Amanda." Which was followed by Rachel saying "haha! I get it! A man, DUH!"

Terrible how people can't even come up with their own jokes.

Natalie

Guest ChloëC

The internet by flaunting anonimity does allow all sorts of people with any agenda to get on and say what they want. By reading responses, I can see that most of these people have little to no control over anything and desperately want to be heard.

Tho, having read an awful lot of posts on lots of topics, the one by 'Ron says' looks like it is full sarcasm and shouldn't be taken at face value. It suggests Ron is basically baiting the Obama haters by using over the top criticisms. If he had come back and posted lesser attacks or in support of someone like Chuck or Frank, then I would agree, but one post like that is often used by someone to laugh at the ones it mimics.

What I found interesting about the article in 'The Right Perspective' (http://www.therightperspective.org/2010/01/01/obama-makes-first-transgender-appointment/) which is where all the comments are, was that it was written fairly straight-forward, using the correct pronouns, and the author only very slightly was less then neutral (in the parenthetical comment relating to Brian Bond). These in themselves are rather suprising. Of course, I would guess the author/editors put up articles like this to get the crazed/extremist response that agrees with their position without getting into defamation of character issues directly. But I still would have expected some more editorial comments and responses criticizing the appointment, rather then letting the whackos do it for them.

The really sad thing I find with current U.S. politics is the vehement way that most right wing fanatics use freedom of speech to try to deny it to any others that disagree with their narrow, bigoted, hateful views. Also, a good way to deflect criticism from oneself is to pre-emptory accuse others of what you yourself are trying to do, thus all the accusations by right wing nuts about others trying to impose fascist beliefs, doctrines, and eventually policies when they themselves are actively doing or supporting that very fearful thing.

Personally, I'm thrilled about the appointment of Amanda Simpson, and thanks Donna Jean, for bringing it to our attention.

Chloë

Guest Jean Davis

Well after reading that, you know I just had to say something. :D

So here's my reply.

This is amazing.

Not so much that Amanda Simpson got her position, I can see how that happened. She's beautiful and highly intelligent from what I have read. I'm sure she'll will do a fine job with her new position.

What truely amazes me is the fact that some of the people that have posted were able to show their ignorance in only a couple of short sentences. I'm sure if there was a competition for that they would win hands down.

Jean Davis

I tried to keep it simple so that they could all understand. :lol:

LUV

Jean

What did you expect?

Intelligent insight?

Not a chance this is all part of a political agenda - and from this perspective they are not cultivating the intelligent, mindless sheep are much better followers.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

Uh... Donna Jean??? That rocket launcher you borrowed from me? Would you please slowly and carefully place it on the ground? We will have someone come and pick it up?

You can keep the AK-47s you borrowed, if you will please let have all those banana clips back?

And the 44 magnum? Can we pick that up too?

You can keep the K-Bar and the grub packs - but we would like the fragmentation stuff back...

um...

Do we still need to honk twice, then once, then three times when we approach the compound?

Ummmm...

WE DO BELEIVE IN AMERICA!

ummm...

I keep tring to call you but there is this strange 'clicking' on your line!

LOVE YOU

LIZZY

Hi Donna Jean,

When you posted this news first , you ,and a few more of my friends

here at Laura"s might have wondered why I replied so enthusiastically to same.

After all , Im a Paddy/Patricia, and this is American stuff. Well you know I will stand

beside a sister no matter where she comes from, but, you see hun, when a giant

like the USA does something the rest of the World looks over its shoulder , and then

some . If huge strides forward for our cause come about in your place great, with

luck smaller places like mine might follow suit , (i love the US anyway) . I read your

follow up post and the comments made by those folk disturbed me (welcome to the

real world ,huh??) At the end of the day Donna Jean I believe there is a lesson to

be learned here , STICK TOGETHER, I will encourage many Trans women to join

this sight , we must be seen to be UNITED, we must be savvy. WE BELONG. luv,viv :)

Guest Vivian

I'm so very glad you are with us Donna Jean! Amanda Simpson is very qualified for the position. Unfortunately, her every move and decision will probably be closely watched and criticized by ignorant people. I'm very happy that she got the position though! I wish her the best.

Love,

Vivian

• 2 weeks later...
Guest praisedbeherhooves

You go Donna! Those right wing idiots are so.... gah. You know, even the most conservative of people have not criticized her resume. All the criticize is that she was born in the wrong body and had the courage to fix that. This is because she is highly qualified and a very talented woman. Honestly, I think these right wing nuts are just nervous because they feel insignificant in comparison to her. For a bigot, having a woman be smarter, more talented and more successful than them is just unbearable. When that woman was born genetically male it's even worse because she is flying in the face of their darkest social mores and still doing better than they are. It's just too much for them to handle.

Guest julia_d

I always think of the Dead Kennedys at a time like this.. California uber alles.. oh yes..

I hope she sues their sorry asses off the internet.. now she has the power a little retribution from our side against these cup cakes seems to be in order.

Guest Donna Jean
Tsk, tsk, tsk Donna Jean, you are a bad woman ;)

Get back in the kitchen!

*Aeryn tiptoes away very carefully*

LOL.....and stay barefoot and pregnant!

Thanks everyone...I rarely get worked up about most things, but this just set me off...I'm glad you all posted or I would of been sitting here by myself with my face hanging out!

Love Y'all!

Donna Jean

Guest i is Sam :-)

Is there an address or something where we can send her letters of support? I mean she's going to get so much hatemail and death threats in such a prominent position. And she really is an amazing person for not shrinking away for it all, and helping to advance our cause. I'm sure she could do with us diluting the hate with as much love and thanks as we can muster.

Guest Donna Jean
Is there an address or something where we can send her letters of support? I mean she's going to get so much hatemail and death threats in such a prominent position. And she really is an amazing person for not shrinking away for it all, and helping to advance our cause. I'm sure she could do with us diluting the hate with as much love and thanks as we can muster.

Thanks, Sam......

I'm looking for some place to send letters of support for her...when I come up with something, I'll post it here....OK?

Thanks!

Donna Jean

I love your reply to pieces, Donna Jean. c:

Uwah, people should criticize Amanda Simpson on her capability to fill the role, not her gender. I personally hope she does well! It's amazing that a transwoman is holding such a seat of power now, it is a huge step forward in what will hopefully be acceptance and awareness.

Guest Ivan Le Renard

I'm itching to reply to those people who had idiotic comments in the article, but it's pretty obvious that they'll never change.

It's wonderful that Amanda got appointed and not just because she's trans! She is definitely qualified, actually, I'd say she's over-qualified!

I wish the idiots would do a bit of research instead of criticizing someone because of who they are. But I guess that's why I just called them idiots. xD;

Does anyone know a way to send support/congrats letters to Amanda? She needs all the support she can get, considering the backlash she's getting. :c