• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

7 Weeks Later

Guest NatashaJade

Guest NatashaJade

Happy new year, dear ones! I hope 2010 is the most wonderful of all years. I hope. A lot.

This week I really felt like a teenage girl. I know how teen girls are because I work with them and now...I am one. Great. I have been on a roller coaster of mood swings. Sometimes, they are so fierce I am shocked by how fast they come and how vicious they are. Yesterday, we were getting ready to go to dinner at my in-laws and I just freaked out. I threw things. I sat in the dark and cried. And then? I went and was all smiles. When I go back to work tomorrow, I need to keep Gin the teen in check so I can do my job. Otherwise, my students will think I'm REALLY weird (not like they don't already, but they don't need more proof).

I cannot watch ASPCA save the animals commercials without breaking down. Especially the ones with Sarah MacLaughlin. So sad. I want to save them all.

I have to wear a bra full time now. I tried going a day without it and it was just pain. I'm getting used to the sports bra being on all the time. Now I understand why girls have to train for bras. You just have to get to the point where you forget it's there...you don't think about your underwear or ocks all the time, you shouldn't think about your bra all the time either. What's really fun is hopping for bras with my wife. She does not care what people think at all, so she will loudly call out in Target that she has found a bra or a blouse or a skirt for me to look at. I'm starting not to care what people think because she doesn't. She is my rock and my great love. Plus, she bought me a gorgeous blue skirt at the mall yesterday. It's from India and it is, as they say, to die for. I cannot wait for the right occasion to wear it out.

Now I've started the laser treatment and I see my doctor tomorrow afternoon so she can tell me the results of my blood test. I hope all is going according to plan. After this much time, I am past the initial excitement of it all and am just very happy that things are moving along. I'm not in a rush for anything. I'm just happy that it is all in progress because with 40 coming up in a few short months, I am definitely not getting any younger. They say life begins at 40. For me, this is ever so true.

More to come...

luv

Gin

Guest Donna Jean

Gin.....

I just love your posts....

Mood swings: Killer, aren't they? You never know what is going to hit next or how! And the crying...I lock myself in the restroom at work many times to cry..keep a compact handy to cover the red!

And you don't know which things will affect you 'til they get there!

So, you're also getting to the point where you hardly care at all when you shop? Good!

It makes it so much easier and expeditious! No more of that silly "Having your wife/SO pick out and carry your things!"

Well, I see that it's all having a good effect on you....

And Life begins at 40.....well for me at 60, but it does start over...

Good going, GF!

It's getting all over you.....lol

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest sarah f

I am jealous of how your wife goes shopping with you. I only hope that when I come out to mine she will be as understanding. I have been wearing a bra pretty much most of the time lately and when I take it off I still have the phantom feeling that it is still there. I don't know if that happens to everybody else but it is a weird feeling.

Love,

Sarah F

It must be a wonderful thing to have someone that close to you who accepts and even helps you!

You be good to that lady she is rare, like hen's teeth only much more valuable.

I am in the position of trying to get my look down without any help and that is pretty difficult - not impossible!

Enjoy the journey, you only go around once in life but it is more fun when you finally get it right!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest NatashaJade

As an addendum to this weeks recap, I just got back home from my doctor and she is very pleased with my progress thus far. My T levels are down to 217 after 6 weeks and my cholesterol is very healthy (taken just after the holidays!). She doesn't need to see me again for 6 months

Thank you all who are reading and supporting me. Along with my wife, I am so appreciative of this community. You are all becoming quite dear to me.''

luv

Gin

• Admin

I am so happy for you that everything is going so well. Nothing like a success story to cheer up the forums. :)

You are pretty dear to us too, Gin. Keep those cards and letters coming!

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Erin Quinn

Gin, congratulations on your progress. So glad to read these updates from you. And best wishes to your wife, it sounds like she's amazing