• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Clearing The Air

Guest Joanna Phipps

Guest Joanna Phipps

Some of you may or may not have noticed that I haven't been around much over the last couple of weeks; truth is I have been taking some 'me' time and doing much in the line of self analysis and deep reflection. I had hit one of those periods where I needed to assess what had happened, is happening, and what I needed to happen in the future.

Part of that process involved writing some long, heart felt, and deeply personal emails to various members of my family explaining past events and laying out some possible reasons for them. Many of these took days to write not because of length but because of the ammount of soul searching that I had to do in order to say what I knew needed to be said. In order to do that properly I had to be away from the distractions of things like moderating boards and posting to them. I still have one more to write and that is going to be the hardest one of all.

I know that over my time here I have stepped on some toes, maybe hurt others because of my being blunt the way I am or just getting down, depressed and angry then taking it out on the members here. Heaven only knows that we all have our own issues on this site and I really have no right to try and monopolize the time and energy of others trying to get help for me when there are others who are so much worse off.

Any way I am back (until I find the need to do that again).

Guest sarah f

There is no need to apologize here. We all have our own problems that we are trying to work out. Take all the time you need as we will be here for you when you finish writing all of your letters. Just remember we all love you just the way you are. Sometimes it is better to be blunt and let us know how it really is. I hope everything works out for you.

Love,

Sarah F

Hey JoJo,

When you have things to do in your life that require time off, there is no need to appologize - we can always make do here but we cannot take care of the things that you need to from here so just know that we are with you even when you are away.

Love ya,

Sally

Hi Joanna,

Quote from a movie years ago, ""being in love means never having to say your sorry"".

Bet you know the movie . We do have this strong bond with one another here at Laura"s, it helps

keep us on the straight and narrow ,makes us feel We Belong , really hun, like a family. So ,if

you got to get some ""personal"s"" done you wont do same right if you got me screaming at you

for advice (little overkill to get my point across) . I got some medical exams next week and I am

worried re results , I have not been able to go to my peer group meet since I got my appointment

letter 6 weeks ago , head not in the game , like you ,at the end of the day ,I am just a human being.

Hope things go ok for you hun, we all contribute heartfelt"ly here but you are one of the shining lights.

viv :)

Guest ~Brenda~

Welcome back sweetie :)

Joanna hon, never feel like you are monopolizing people's time. We all come here for support (mods too :) ). When one is in pain, when you are in pain, it hurts. When you hurt, you hurt, and no ones pain is more valid than another's. Geeze, just look at me, I must appear as a runaway train sometimes to people here.

Anyway hon, You know that you always have me to talk to :)

HUGS and Love

Brenda

• Admin

Joanna, I'm glad that you were able to accomplish much of what you wanted and needed to in the time you were away.

Taking care of personal business always takes precedence over everything else. Like the others have said, there is no

need to apologize, ever.

Glad to have you back now. Please know that you can always lean on me if you need help. I'm just starting my transition and don't

always know the answers, but I'll do my best.

Now, lets get back to work, eh? :)

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Guest Joanna Phipps

Well ladies, I just had the most remarkable time at, of all places, wally world. I had been to my final shrink's appt so was kind of done up skirt, hose, nice white blouse and my lovely pumps. On the way home I remembered that I had to stop and renew my hormones and spiro so off I went overdressed for the store but haveing a whale of a time with all of th 20 somethings looking at me(bet they were wondering whats up with that one coming here like that). It was 30 or 40 min of window shopping and time killing and giggling at all the young gg's in their down beat clothing.

Yes its good to be an older woman, you can put on some simple and elegant things and make a splash nearly anywhere.

Guest Angelgrlsue

Welcome back Joanne. I've been away for awhile myself, only it was Christmas vacation. Was just down the road a couple of weeks visiting my son, belive me I'm glad I am back home. Whew!!!! He has a small chi wa wa dog that is very whiny and two birds that are very annoying, they never quite down! The thing is they know I get annoyed so they do it even more, lol. BIRDS!!! I think they are smarter then us humans.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 168 Guests (See full list)

• Stefi
    • Birdie
    • April Marie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

brightmom
    Newest Member
    brightmom

1. Ben1868
      Ben1868
      (22 years old)
    2. Charity
      Charity
      (41 years old)
    3. EagerBeaver
      EagerBeaver
    4. Nagato
      Nagato
      (33 years old)
    5. Star
      Star
      (44 years old)
    • VickySGV
      My condolences to the people of WA.  A huge warning about that type of politician though, those who broadcast the Anti-Trans message rarely if ever attend to any important legislative issues to benefit their constituency.  They are mostly single trick dogs, whose trick is to empty their food bowl and whine for more food.
    • Ivy
      This stuff seems to be the major talking point for "conservatives" these days.  Just shows that they don't know what they're talking about, and don't particularly care.
    • Jani
      You are both beautiful.  Have fun.
    • Willow
    • Mirrabooka
      Mother's Day, so I thought I'd do the right thing and cook. So, we got Chinese takeaway! 😆   Actually, we planned it days ago, just thinking that tonight we would treat ourselves. Complete with a lovely bottle of Cab Sav.
    • Mirrabooka
      Exactly.   A plain old "Good morning" should always suffice, for example, whether the recipient expects a gender specific greeting or not.
    • Ladypcnj
      Hi awkward yet sweet, yeah, I tried dumping her but my current health insurance keeps directing me back to her as my primary, yet there are other doctors to choose from, but they are far away.
    • Ladypcnj
      Hi Birdie, I can relate to that.
    • Mirrabooka
    • Mirrabooka
      This sort of stuff makes my blood boil. A prospective state politician has gained approval from his party's state council to run in their state election next year.   He once stated that the + part of LGBTQIA+ is where pedophiles are categorized.   For clarity, in Australia the Liberal party is our main conservative party. They have lurched further to the right over the past 10 years or so. Our main progressive, union backed party is Labor.   WA Liberal party approves Dr Thomas Brough, candidate who linked LGBTQIA+ community with paedophiles - ABC News
    • Willow
      Happy Mother’s Day    I have to be at church earlier than normal for a mic check.  I have been going over what I am to say, both silently reading and reading it aloud.  My concern is that my voice will freeze as it sometimes does.     I felt I was honored very highly yesterday by my minister and supporter on my journey.  He and another minister are Standing together to become the next co-moderators of the Presbyterian Church (USA).  They included me to receive an advance copy of their initial submission.  I was one of only 6 people listed on the email to receive this.  Later this week it will go out to all the voting commissioners that will be in Salt Lake City for the meeting.  I have asked to be allowed to attend the meeting to support him and Rev CeeCee Armstrong, whom he is standing with.    We’ll time to get ready .   Willow
    • Mirrabooka
      Nup. Not an option. You need to keep going and keep us all in the loop, and we need to keep seeing your beautiful smile!   Party, schmarty. I'm 61 and haven't had a birthday party since I was 30. Even that was just a crummy meal at the pub with a few friends who we have since lost contact with. Don't sweat it.
    • Mirrabooka
      On behalf of everyone reading your entries here @Sally Stone, THANK YOU for creating such an informative thread. But there is one thing you might have neglected to say at the end, and that is, "And they all lived happily ever after!" ❤️   Reno sounds like a pretty good place to call home. I understand the attraction of living in a place that is not too big but not too small.   I look forward to reading your subsequent posts about specific aspects of your journey.
    • Betty K
      Hi and welcome. A few things...   1. You're right, you can't trust your friends w/r/t the question of passing. How would they even know if you pass or not? My sister used to do the same thing, telling me that no-one knew I was trans and that to her I just looked like a cis woman. I still don't know if she was serious or just trying to make me feel good, but I learned to not listen to her on that topic.   2. Buuuut, having said that, I thought I looked good, and I think that is all she was really trying to tell me, that she liked how I looked as a woman. Maybe this is obvious, but I feel it gets overlooked: passing and looking good are not the same thing, not even remotely. Your friends (I presume) are trying to tell you that you look good as you are.   3. Having said all that, I think non-passing transmascs have a harder time than us non-passing transfemmes. All I have to do to get gendered correctly 95% of the time is wear a dress and makeup and only a few seriously ignorant folks and diehard transphobes misgender me. For you, it's much harder to find signifiers powerful enough to send the same message.   So in short, I don't have any answers, except that you're right, it sucks, and I hope the situation improves over time. But passing isn't everything. Maybe you're right, and in a less conservative state it wouldn't happen so often, because you'd have more people like you surrounding you. I know that where I chose to live while transitioning has been a big part of making the process a positive experience. I'd hate to be in Texas atm.
    • Mirrabooka
      Thank you, ladies.   At the time I went from euphoric (my normal state) to not euphoric in an instant, and the lingering thought was one of self-doubt, manifesting itself with the unsolved question that maybe I never really felt like I had the soul of a woman, I just thought I did. I know I'm not the only one to ever feel this way. All part of the ride on this roller coaster I guess.   Yep, and yep. Makes sense now.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.