• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Posterior Hair

Guest Ugi

Firstly I am sorry if there is already a post on this, I did look but to my suprise I couldnt find it.

I know i dont post here often (or at all really) but i have a few questions regarding hair removal from the posterior, err deep posterior :blush: .

It needs to be done discretly, so no profesional options. So here go's.

Can it be shaved? I heard the hair will grow back ingrown and its uncomfortable, and not very long lasting.

Waxing? Will a home waxing kit work there, like veet bikini strips or somthing like that. I know it will be painfull, but i'm a big girl and i think i would be able to handle it.

Or will a cream work better? Once again i heard you have to be very carefull using them down there, but is there any major risks?

Any other options available?

All your help will be greatly apreciated, and if there is a thread about this, just point me to it and i appologise for this one. :D

I am afraid that I know nothing about this one at all and I haven't seen another topic about it either so let's just wait for others to see, maybe someone can offer some advice.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Robin Winter

Wow, how embarrassing...but I guess someone has to answer, and it might as well be me. I have never waxed "down there", but I do regularly shave, and as with any place you shave, when you start, yes you will get ingrown hairs, bumps, and pain. However, it will eventually stop for the most part, and be just like shaving anywhere else. It doesn't last long, no, but if you make it part of your regular routine, it's no problem.

I've also used the depilatory creams. That requires a lot of care, because if you get any in the wrong spot, it WILL hurt...a LOT. But, if you can handle the pain, it doesn't do any actual damage, assuming you get all of it washed off within the time limit printed on the box/tube. After the initial pain, it feels pretty much like a sunburn for a day or two, nothing too serious. That being said, with practice that won't be an issue either, but I have to say that I don't find the depilatories to last any longer than shaving, or not enough longer to make it worth the cost and risks, so I stick with the razor.

No matter which you choose though, I would strongly recommend washing the area after every potty trip, that would be a rotten place for an infection :rolleyes:

I haven't actually looked into it myself yet, but I can't believe there's nobody that will do permanent hair removal there. Surely there must have been one or two transladies with furry bottoms, so there must be something out there for us.

Hi Hun,

Oh the things we women go through. I saw a documentary (Brit) on tv

a few years back , it was re us and centered around mostly one trans woman

getting her Electro done. She had the hair removed from her scrotum and in

conversation with the tech the tech remarked she had removed the hair you

are enquiring about. I am sure it was on C4. I imagine a few discrete phone

calls will put you on the right road , best of luck, viv :)