• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Outed To 2 Of My Guy Friends

Guest Neuro

Facebook is a dreadful thing.

Let's separate this into 2 things,

it's fast reading

plllleeaassseee do read, I am in a funk r/now my dears.

This week, I was nearly 'outed' by 2 of my male friends.

The older one, 'Aaron', had been weird with me for a while.

He knew I wasn't kawaiidesu cute skirt-y like the rest of my friends, but he seemed to tease me oddly.

Like, creepy following and such.

So, in case he was falling for me (BECAUSE, AHUM, THAT'S WHAT I NATURALLY THINK OK, I AM VERY PWITTY RITE?)

--I started to act out more like my true self. Being downright rude.

Spreading my legs.

Telling retarded jokes and gawking over his friends amazing hentai collection

(...adult cartoons. not allowed on Lauras!)

So he gets on facebook the next day? Didn't work.

He said he likes me, and wants to date.

I said the first thing that came to my flipped-out skull: "I'M SORRY. I-I JUST CAN'T." (smart.)

He looks closer at my profile. "Why does yer profile say 'M' for male?"

I type back "BECAUSE I AM A MAN."

He flipped out, apologizing first. Then disbelief. "You're way too cute. You're too short. Hey--Tara said you were a girl! What's up?"

So I have to yank out the whole story and say

"I was born in a girls body, but my mind and heart are male.

They always have been.

It's called being transgender."

He acts all betrayed and goes "Noooo, I can't see you as a guy... you're too cute. That'd make me... noooo...."

I get tired of it and just say "You don't HAVE to call me 'he,' if you're that uncomfortable...."

So he's all happy now.

Talking to me about guy stuff, doing stupid things.

We even wore the same shirt once--all my friends cackled and said

"THAT LOOKS WAY SEXIER ON SAKURA" (my girl name).

He got embarrassed and said, "But it's a guy's shirt."

"Sakura's a way hotter guy than you."

It's awkward.

We're like friends, but he keeps calling me by girl things and constantly bringing up my 'short cuteness' which is my biggest pet-peeve.

He even asked how much I weighed, if I was anorexic.

IDK what this dudes' beef is, but I don't wanna get involved with him "THAT WAY."

I'm a guy, I can't help it.

(It's not that I don't like guys sometimes, but I don't want a relationship with ANYONE r/now.)

He's not even considering the fact that I bore my soul to him

*insert emo scene*

about my gender disorder.

When I told him to forget it, he friggin' DID and keeps treating me like his girlfriend.

Like that made my gender dissipate.

This guy is really nice, and I'd like to keep him as a friend.

But if all he sees in me is a cute lil' girl he can pay lunch for, or pat on the head all cute then I think I will have to talk to him somehow.

Thing is, I hate 'talking about it.'

THEN.

Another considerably younger male friend notices my facebook. "OMG UR A DUDE?"

I am annoyed and say "YES."

He says "no way. I saw your boobs once. And you wear tight pants."

I tell him I am transgendered.

That on the internet and IRL, I would rather keep it a secret because I am a guy at heart, and to please not spread it around.

Know what he does?

He understands right off the block.

He apologizes and says he understands that stuff, he goes to a lot of therapists and learns a ton from them.

And that it made sense, the way I acted and dressed, and bickered with him like a brother or something.

We're now really good friends, who love to make stupid jokes, and don't see ourselves any weird way.

He's only 15, but he just GETS it, unlike 'Aaron.'

This guy is just happy he is not the only 'straight guy' who likes yaoi and BL.

XD!!!! So I sent him some scary Gravitation and he died a little inside.

We laugh at it together, but secretly love it.

Sigh.

Coming out isn't fun when people are mules.

But sometimes the people you expect the least to be accepting,

Can be the people who are the most supportive.

Sorry for the long post. I hope someone reads it. I'm not sure why I am down-ish about it...

Hello Neuro,

What your going through is the pros and cons of transition and imo

your doing a v/good job of it hun. Totally agree with you, you do tend to find

understanding in surprising places . Your older friend is just a little bit more set

in his ways and probably finds your stuff a little difficult to swallow , should

respect you regardless though . Swear to you hun, I got this voice in the back

of my head telling me guys are really dumb when it comes to the **important**

things in life, people things .In a couple of years from now you will look back at

this episode and smile :) , till then , grin and bear it??,,,luv,viv :)

It looks like you hit 50% acceptance so compared to my less than zero, I cannot understand your depression - you have found a great friend, a little brother and that has to be better than just having one that doesn't accept but still likes you (all be it in a manor that you do not care for).

I think we all dwell on the negative aspects of things too much and that is what makes us depressed and unhappy with our lives.

Remember the good and forget the bad - they rewrite history in textbooks to make it sound better - rewrite your own, edit out all of the bad stuff and remember the good, cherish it and you will be much happier.

Love ya,

Sally

When did this happen with Aaron? If it's relatively recent, then here's my guess: he thought you were a girl, felt attracted to you, he's straight (?), and so the basic superficial things were all lined up for it to be OK for him to date you (never mind your consent, for a moment). Now he finds out you're actually a straight guy, and now he has to deal with the idea that he's attracted to another guy, who's straight. That's kind of a paradigm shift in a major way. I don't think he's forgotten about it -- I just think he's trying to deal with that shift, and he's not doing it particularly well.

I think maybe in the short term if he treats you like you're (*goes back up to check the term*) kawaiidesu, just kind of glare at him a little. If this continues for another, say, two weeks, it might be worth talking about again. He already knows what you have to tell him, so this might be one of those conversations where you mostly listen (and gently guide him to the fact that you're a guy and not interested in dating him).

The thing about your other friend -- that's so cool. I think Sally's right -- dwell on this interaction more, because that's so surprising and great that he understands it so well.

Guest julia_d

one mistake.. your reply should have been "Tara is having a laugh with you.. good joke.. hahahaha"

too late now.. and I guess if he keeps pushing this date thing you could get your own back by telling people he's hitting on a guy so what does that say about him? .. or you could run with it for a while and see where it goes. That's a matter for your own personal choices and comes down to your sexual preferences. Straight guy? .. then mates for beers and football.. anything else.. who knows.

If he's creeping you out it's time to move on and get some new friends ;)

All in all a good learning experience.. but Tara needs her arse kicking.. sorry :)

XD thank you. Yes, the other person (the 15 year old) is very cool, def. brought me a smile when I was stuck about what to do about 'Aaron' XD

My sexual preferences are--well, both to a mild extent, but mostly women. However, I don't ever want to date anybody because of personal reasons =u=

Sally is right. I need to focus on the positive that is large rather on the negative that is small. It is very lucky that this 15 year old friend is so understanding, it turns out we have a ton in common.

Guest Amanda joan

Being Trans and sexually confussed seems to come with the territory. I have led on so many women in my life with out really knowing it that it made me feel the being good looking was a burden. You sound like you are in the same situation at the other end of the rainbow. My problem has been that when Men hit on me I just don't know how to handle that at all. Maybe we can trade secrets and help each other figure out how to do this?

I told a guy the other day when I was not dressed as Amanda that I was Trans and he asked if I was intending on have surgery. I said yes and all he could say was, that is really going to hurt. Then there was an akward scilence and then he walked away and did not speak to me again. I was not particularly attracted to him but, I have been wondering what I could have done differently if I had wanted to get to know him. I think there has got to be a better way but, I don't know what it is.

Maybe we need to have a dating and socialization thread to help people like us figure out how to be who we want to be with others.

Enjoy the sucesses.

Peace & Love Amanda

Guest Ryles_D

In my experience, guys who like you have the hardest time (and maybe girls, but I dont' have much experience in that). As he said "But that would make me..." Yeah. He can't see you as a guy because that would make him gay. *rolls eyes*

It's great your other friend was so accepting, though. :)

Guest Donna Jean
As he said "But that would make me..." Yeah. He can't see you as a guy because that would make him gay. *rolls eyes*

LOL.....Yeah, watch out for that one on either side...

Donna Jean

Guest Kitsunenene
one mistake.. your reply should have been "Tara is having a laugh with you.. good joke.. hahahaha"

too late now.. and I guess if he keeps pushing this date thing you could get your own back by telling people he's hitting on a guy so what does that say about him?

If he's creeping you out it's time to move on and get some new friends ;)

All in all a good learning experience.. but Tara needs her arse kicking.. sorry :)

Hahaha Julia I love your way of dealing with situations.

While I don't suggest making him question his sexuality (Ariel always on the lookout for danger haha)

However if this does continue I suggest once again talking to him and this tie in person show him how serious you are.

Explain to him that the girl he likes doesn't exist. While I wouldn't say you're feminine at the moment you have a slight Shota quality to you ( oh grace I'm turning your friend into a pedophile!) anyways...just explain if he can't deal with your true self then your friendship is probably not going to last. I'm bad at advice, considering the 2 people I've told have been understanding.

Guest Ivan Le Renard

One of your other FB friends was chatting with me and noticed this. o:

She said, "Lol some guy thought Daioh was a girl! xD"

It's great that the other friend understood you so well, especially since he's only 15!

Being trans definitely makes relationships difficult. It's so frustrating. ;__;

I'm wondering if I should tell everyone on FB about being trans...3/4 of them are family, but I hate looking at my female name and stuff all over the site. Makes me feel like I'm living a lie. Dx

LOL, Kitsunenene, he is always talking about how "He likes the loli type." D: (as in cute, underaged girl for those who are unfamiliar with lolicon.) Yeah, I don't want to make him question his sexuality. But, I guess if everybody understood everything, there would be no need for help forums and rallies and such, ja? Ah, someday~ I'm not sure if being trans is the reason I'm not keen on relationships, so I'll blame it on homeschooling. XD!

Really, Ivan? XD That's hilarious. She was probably talking about the 15 year old. He made some comments on my profile until I told him, then he (to my amazement) took it all back and made it sound like a joke all "Yeah, well, you can't blame me, it's almost believable." I didn't even ask him to go that far XD he's pretty smart for his age.

That's the reason I do not have my family on my facebook. They would flip if they saw how people address me, and what my profile information is as 'M' after all. FB is a turd XD