• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Starting The New Year With Hormones

Guest Amanda joan

Guest Amanda joan

Well it has been a crazy ride but, on January 8th at about 1pm I took my first dose for Hormones. My Doctor is being very cautous because I am his first Transgendered Patient. This makes it kinda fun for me as we are learning together what needs to be done. My GT and my Doctor have been E-mailing each other about the protocals.

I am looking forward to the changes that are to come but, I know this is going to take some time. My facial hair is about 70% gone as a result of the laser hair removal sessions I have had over the last 3 months.

My plan was to start HRT after I finished LHR but, I got through the process allot faster than I thought I would since my PCP Doc. said he would monitor my HRT and I did not have to find an Edocrinologist to do this. We discussed coding to insure that may insurance would cover the meds. My first prescription was not expensive at all. About the same as most other meds.

I am going out tonight to celebrate at my favorite hang out PW's Sports Bar In Laurel MD. If your in the neighborhood stop in and say hi.

The future is unknown and I have many things to do before I reach my ultimate goal.

I know several of my sisters here are on a similar journey and I look forward to exchanging stories as we start to see the first signs of change.

Good luck to all of you where ever you are on this journey.

Peace & Love Amanda

• Admin

CONGRATULATIONS, AMANDA!

More wonderful news. I am so happy for you, girl. It is the start of the best part of your life. Enjoy every minute of it.

I'll be along to join you very very soon. :) The 2010 HRT Club is growing by leaps and bounds. Way cool! We have at least four

members in it just in the last 3-4 days. Woot!

((BIG HUG))

Carolyn Marie