• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Your Help Requested

MaryEllen

• Root Admin

Hello Lia,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. I hope you can gain some insights as to what makes us tick with your survey. Good luck. :)

MaryEllen :)

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi Ophelia,

What is the time frame that you would like to have the questionaire filled out. Sorry to ask this, but what assurances do we have that our identities will be safe? Accidental outing of someone can be disasterous.

Brenda

• Admin

Lia, that was an interesting and well thought out questionnaire. I look forward to reading your study when it is completed.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Robin Winter

I managed to do it this evening after all, it wasn't as long as I'd expected :D Very nicely worded questions, I'm really looking forward to reading the thesis.

Guest ChloëC

Very straight-forward questions allowing explanations where desired. I don't mind doing these, since I'm seldom selected for the truly random sample questionaires. But if this provides a serviceable guideline for a future stage, I'm more than happy to participate.

Chloë

Hi all,

Many thanks for the interest thus far. My first draft is due sometime in March, so I'm rushing to the goalpost at this point. Luckily, my program was structured in such a way that I got a lot of my research done in the first three semesters, so I'm more or less where I ought to be.

Hi Ophelia,

What is the time frame that you would like to have the questionaire filled out. Sorry to ask this, but what assurances do we have that our identities will be safe? Accidental outing of someone can be disasterous.

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Leaving a contact email address at my site is entirely voluntary, so the questionnaire can be filled out anonymously. If you want to leave your email address, I can guarantee under the protocols of my study that that information will be held in the strictest confidences and destroyed following completion of the thesis. Google hosts my site, so the only information I am able to receive about the identity of my visitors is their country of origin (this has been the US for almost all responders thus far).

Thanks again all,

Lia

I know a transgender professor in anthropology would you like a connection ?

Yes, definitely! PM me if you can. I've benefited a fair amount from David Valentine's ethnographies, but I haven't met any transgender anthropologists.

Thank you,

Lia

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

Hello Lia,

I found your survey to be very upfront, unlike some of the surveys we've been asked to participate in.

Thank you for your interest in the transgender community. :)

MaryEllen