• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I Guess This Counts.

Guest Tara PK

Guest Kara PK

Since my parents are divorced, I go back and forth from my mom and dad's house. My dad pretty much knows that I'm ~something~ around the area of transgender, and my mom doesn't know at all. So basically, I had to tell my mom. She's very... stubborn in her beliefs. So, after listening to the song Who I Am Hates Who I've Been by Relient K at around 1 A.M. I decided I needed to stop not doing anything. So I sat down and wrote a letter/note. I basically outlined GID, how long I've felt the way I do, that it wasn't my choice etc. I put on top of the note a book called She's Not There which is a really good book. My therapist gave me it to read. ;3 And basically I left the letter and the book on my desk. My mom should find it sometime during this week that I'm not at her house. Hopefully it will give her time to think about it.

I love how it's only a matter of time before she finds it. Now I can't like be scared and NOT give her it.

Guest Donna Jean

Well, Honey.......

You've set the wheels in motion and you can't take it back....

So, you're commited to her knowing...no doubt about it.

I hope that the week goes well for you and that she calls sooner than later...

That way you won't have to stress too much!

Huggs

Donna Jean

It does count, Sweetheart,

A lot of us have to send letters or use the Internet because of distances - it is still coming out.

I hope that she will take the time to read about GID and try to understand a bit - it is difficult but it does lead to acceptance.

Good luck!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Kara PK
You've set the wheels in motion and you can't take it back....

So, you're commited to her knowing...no doubt about it.

I'm just really happy I actually did it.

I can handle it as long as I'm the one approached and talked to. [; I'm just not sure when she'll find it, so I'm apprehensive about seeing her later tonight. 15 minute car ride omg. lol.