• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Confused

Guest ChalenAustin

Guest ChalenAustin

God dosen't want us to be suicidal.

By commiting that we are giving into the enemy for God of all people wouldn't want us to waste the life He gave us.

I can't bring myself to ask, right? at the end of these sentaences for to ask right would mean someone saying "no" and it's the only thing keeping me from commiting this.

I need reassurance God does not want us to do this and that is giving into the enemy.

Please.

Guest Sarinah

God absolutely does not want you to commit suicide. He tells us in the Bible that he has a plan and a purpose for each and every one of our lives. Your circumstances no matter what they are, are part of that plan. The worst thing we can do to interefere with that plan is to end our life, instead of letting our life go where it needs to go, and touch the people it needs to touch.

The thing that saved my life when I was on the verge of suicide was this knowledge: God loves me, God wants to use me to change peoples lives, and embracing God in my life I can find peace (peace of the heart and mind, and peace in my relationship with God).

Guest i is Sam :-)

You're suicidal so I really want to say something, but I'm an atheist so I feel like I have to tread very carefully here.

I think anyone or any being who loves you, would deeply want you to have a long and happy life. But I also think that just surviving for the sake of another person, no matter who or what it might be is unhealthy. You need to find better reasons to live, you need to find love and compassion and friendship and kindness and fulfillment and joy and contentment and happiness in your life. It is possible I promise. Life without wanting to live is an awful thing to suffer through, and the guilt we feel over wanting to end it. And I didn't ever really want to die I just wanted the pain to end, and felt like there was no other way out. Shortly after I got out of hospital from my previous suicide attempt, I quickly bought another supply of what had technically killed me last time (EMTs saved me) 50 little pink pills, enough to kill me about 3 times over. Just today I surrendered them at the pharmacy for them to be destoryed. I'm far from all better, but I know now that if I do relapse I want to survive.

I don't know if any of this has been any help, I do know that the bible teaches that God works through you when you try to help yourself. Have faith in God by all means, but have a little in yourself too, you can dig yourself out of this hole eventually. And boy is it worth it, I am now so genuinely so glad that I never succeeded.

Guest sarah f

Suicide is never the option God had intended for you. No matter how bad it gets and it can be bad, you don't ever want to go that route. Just like Sarinah said there is a purpose for all of us. Maybe yours is to go through difficult times but come out better for it. If you ever feel like you need help just PM me and I will try to help the best I can. If I am off line please please try one of the MODS as they each are very loving and can try to help you. Keep your head up and remember you are loved by us on the site.

Love,

Sarah F

• 5 months later...

You're suicidal so I really want to say something, but I'm an atheist so I feel like I have to tread very carefully here.

I think anyone or any being who loves you, would deeply want you to have a long and happy life. But I also think that just surviving for the sake of another person, no matter who or what it might be is unhealthy. You need to find better reasons to live, you need to find love and compassion and friendship and kindness and fulfillment and joy and contentment and happiness in your life. It is possible I promise. Life without wanting to live is an awful thing to suffer through, and the guilt we feel over wanting to end it. And I didn't ever really want to die I just wanted the pain to end, and felt like there was no other way out. Shortly after I got out of hospital from my previous suicide attempt, I quickly bought another supply of what had technically killed me last time (EMTs saved me) 50 little pink pills, enough to kill me about 3 times over. Just today I surrendered them at the pharmacy for them to be destoryed. I'm far from all better, but I know now that if I do relapse I want to survive.

I don't know if any of this has been any help, I do know that the bible teaches that God works through you when you try to help yourself. Have faith in God by all means, but have a little in yourself too, you can dig yourself out of this hole eventually. And boy is it worth it, I am now so genuinely so glad that I never succeeded.

well said

you just gave me a better opinion of atheists every other one ive met acted like i was an idiot for believing in God

• Forum Moderator

I believe there is a plan that we cannot see and when we commit suicide we break that plan. And rob not only ourselves but those around us-or who would have been part of our lives as well as our selves of all that was meant to be.. Kind of like the movie "It's a wonderful Life", you can never know what difference your life is meant to make in the lives of others.

And I believe that if you listen deep in your heart you will know from within that God doesn't want you to commit suicide.

Besides-you are talking about a life and I know that life is sacred. I'm sure you wouldn't take a life from another being, but you are also a living being and deserve that same love and respect for life yourself!

And lastly-if some religions are right and this is our only life-you'll never get a chance to make it right if you choose to break the plan, And if those who believe we go through multiple lives are right hen if you opt out you get to do it all again. For me being trans once is enoughh-I don't want to do it again.

So hold on and call out for help when you need it to get through. We understand. We care about you.

Love

JJ