• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Interesting Effect On Crossdressing

Guest Diana Prince

Guest Diana Prince

I have been playing alot of competitive tennis the last month, pretty much daily. The thing I find interesting is that since I have been playing I have a much lower urge to cross dress on days that I have played tennis. If I skip a day, the desire is there, if I play, I really can do without it. Does anyone else have this type of reaction to extreme exercise, or perhaps competitive exercise? I am wondering if it is a hormone thing -- actually assuming it has to be a hormone thing.

Anyway, I have really noticed it making a huge difference so I thought I would bring it up.

Diana

Guest Donna Jean

Gee, Diana....I have no idea, but I'd be interested in any and all ideas, too...

I cross dressed for years, but I don't remember anything like you described...

I'm MTF, so I'guess that it doesn't apply any more...

Wondering....

Donna

Guest ChloëC

Hi Diana,

I try to sometimes be quite analytical about things, but back in the day when I was more active, I didn't particularly notice it. The two sports I did regularly were alpine skiing and Over30 Men's Basketball (of the pickup variety). With the skiing, on the days I would head 'up north' for two days of intensive skiing - by myself - the anticipation of dressing back in my room probably overcame any testosterone thing (and sometimes I would be wearing foundation items, daring myself to not break a leg and have to be stretchered off).

With the basketball thing, I was playing with really competative former jocks who were only slowing down because of age, not desire (most of us were in our 40's and early 50s). It could get a little intense especially if we played full court. I'd come home a little too tired and banged up to think about much of anything. (but the sheer beauty of a 10-12 foot jump shot from the side kept me coming back, as I'm not basketball tall, and I can't dribble, but the sight and sound of the ball hitting nothing but the bottom of the net.... I digress)

With my daughters going through school, both were athletic minded (one with a little more talent, the other with a little more desire), and especially in softball, I worked with both of them, especially the younger who was a pitcher and we practiced/played a little over 10 months a year. (I'll tell you about the ball I missed catching with my glove sometime, I almost had an impromtu removal operation!), so I was surrounded constantly by women who were athletic. Not much testosterone there!!!

But it's an interesting idea that I'll think about some more and probably needs some investigation.

Hugs

Chloë

The only thing that I noticed and I played a lot of sports - I am not very masculine in appearance according to everyone who knows about me - just to compensate but the only thing that it did concerning my cross dressing was that I could not shave my legs during basketball and tennis seasons - a real bummer since basketball covered most of the winter and in Texas you play tennis almost year round - I just went to more opaque panty hose when I dressed.

Love ya,

Sally

I think it's testosterone. You play a sport, do some exercise and you get a surge of testo, especially if you win so it's probably moreso in competetive sports. I suppose though it also shows that you don't dress for a sexual reason, because (I think I might be right in saying this) that would be stimulated by testosterone. Does the same thing happen when you do, say, a few hard hours in the garden?

I do a lot of aerobics and it doesn't stop me wanting to put on a frock when I come in. It's also going to be my excuse to remove my body hair. At aerobic conventions I started going to last year I noticed most of the (relatively few) men had smooth, hairless bodies. A little light tanning mosturiser and I should be fine 8)

Guest Diana Prince
I think it's testosterone. You play a sport, do some exercise and you get a surge of testo, especially if you win so it's probably moreso in competetive sports. I suppose though it also shows that you don't dress for a sexual reason, because (I think I might be right in saying this) that would be stimulated by testosterone. Does the same thing happen when you do, say, a few hard hours in the garden?

I do a lot of aerobics and it doesn't stop me wanting to put on a frock when I come in. It's also going to be my excuse to remove my body hair. At aerobic conventions I started going to last year I noticed most of the (relatively few) men had smooth, hairless bodies. A little light tanning mosturiser and I should be fine 8)

Actually, it could be just the opposite. From my research exercise acutally descreases testosterone levels. This would also explain why after having sex where I have climaxed. In fact, if I am dressed up when I am having sex, then I can't wait to take it off afterwards. Odd eh? Anyway, perhaps it is just the opposite, maybe the lack of testosterone is what is causing the change.

Guest ChloëC

"In fact, if I am dressed up when I am having sex, then I can't wait to take it off afterwards. Odd eh?"

Odd is one person. So, now I understand it isn't odd, anymore. (funny, how life happens, I just posted about learning things here on the site in my just preceding post, now that is odd!!!!!!)

hmmmmmmm, I've wondered your observation for quite awhile, and my personal thoughts were that I was still responding to the taboo-ness of cross-dressing - and enjoying it, and hating myself. Having done /whatever/, I would realize that maybe it was better to just get back to "normal" and I would even have the thought of just totally purging at that moment. My inestimable logic finally jumped in and said, "Hey, you enjoy this, it's all right, you're all right, have fun now, and five minutes from now. There is nothing wrong." And I've just about overcome it. Really!

But I never considered there was another possible explanation. All those bad ol' chemicals sloshing around inside. Maybe it wasn't mental, it was physical. Of course, treating either has its own set of problems.

Got to give this some thought, now. And just when I thought I had licked it. Gee, thanks, Diana.

No, really, this is a very interesting topic and direction. Good stuff.

Hugs

Chloë

Guest i is Sam :-)
hmmmmmmm, I've wondered your observation for quite awhile, and my personal thoughts were that I was still responding to the taboo-ness of cross-dressing - and enjoying it, and hating myself. Having done /whatever/, I would realize that maybe it was better to just get back to "normal" and I would even have the thought of just totally purging at that moment. My inestimable logic finally jumped in and said, "Hey, you enjoy this, it's all right, you're all right, have fun now, and five minutes from now. There is nothing wrong." And I've just about overcome it. Really!

I used to have near enough exactly the same response.

but now, since deciding to transition no problem.

whether it was lowering my T, or if it was just finally accepting who I am or if it was my at least for a week or so, trying to force myself to stay dressed until the (guilty?) feeling passed which it normally would within about 20 minutes. I dunno, but yeah, not a problem anymore.

tho I choke the chicken considerably less now, it's more kind've an exercise is testing my progress than anything. I don't really get spontaneously anymore, which is nice.

Guest Anna_Banana
This would also explain why after having sex where I have climaxed. In fact, if I am dressed up when I am having sex, then I can't wait to take it off afterwards. Odd eh? Anyway, perhaps it is just the opposite, maybe the lack of testosterone is what is causing the change.

Yeah, I used to have this feeling too. After I finally saw myself as female, which took a while, that feeling stopped. But for a while I suffered horribly from autogynephilia and I hated it so much. It used to be "unnatural," I guess you could say, for me to dress femininely. But now it's "natural." In fact, when I HAVE to wear my male clothes, I feel really really uncomfortable. I try to avoid that part of my closet as much as possible. It's interesting how things have changed. Luckily I have plenty of shirts I can pass off as unisex now or I don't know how I'd get through the day!

.Anna

Hello Dianna,

My 2 cents,,,,, the competitive nature of the game and with a bunch

of guys is probably making you produce more " t " and that in turn is making you

feel way too masculine to want to be in women"s cloths ?????. Get this,,,, There

was a survey done in England a few years back , the supporters(male) of winning

teams on any given Saturday by far greater numbers made love to their wives that

night while loosing supporters were not in the mood . The med experts put this down

the loosing soccer fans making less "T " and the winners making an abundance of

same ( happier wives hehehe) , I dont like testosterone i really dont ,,,luv,viv :)

Guest sarah f

Diana, I had the same problem. I think it has to do with just being tired after playing sports. You just don't feel as feminine afterwards. The thing that I found to help was to take a shower immediately afterwards. It refreshes you and you want to get dressed up again. That is just me but you might try it.

Love,

Sarah F

Guest Diana Prince
Hi Diana,

How bout this solution: dress before you exercise. I found some cute exercise wear (at that big box store I hate to mention). It makes the treadmill and bowflex a bit more enjoyable.

Kat

:) I don't think that would be quite appropriate for the tennis club. :) That said, I do have a fantasy to play tennis wearing a women's tennis outfit with the pleated skirts. But that is something that would have to take place away from my club. :) Ideally it would come in the form of something forced by my wife, perhaps in the case I lost a bet or something. That way I could enjoy the fantasy but still have a good excuse.

:) I don't think that would be quite appropriate for the tennis club. :) That said, I do have a fantasy to play tennis wearing a women's tennis outfit with the pleated skirts. But that is something that would have to take place away from my club. :) Ideally it would come in the form of something forced by my wife, perhaps in the case I lost a bet or something. That way I could enjoy the fantasy but still have a good excuse.

I know what you mean. I SO want to wear a Lycra crop top and leggings to do aerobics in. There is one girl who wears the most amazing pair of dance trousers. Black and baggy but with a sheer strip down the side. I'm SO envious of her in that outfit LOL. Oh, and with long hair in a ponytail, obviously

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi Diana,

Although my experience of my femininity waxing and waning could not be attributed to exercise, I do relate to what you are experiencing (to some degree).

I crossdress... well basically 100% of the time. It is really a matter of how completely do I crossdress at any given time. At work, I have to keep things a little toned down so I only wear bracelettes and undergarments with male clothes over them. I wear short sleeves so that my bare arms and bracelttes show. I also wear something sweet smelling too :) . At home.. well that's entirely different!! No toning down then!!!

However, with all of that said, I have cycles of femininity and masculinity too. In the morning, I feel the most feminine. In the early evening I feel the most masculine. I have no idea as to why. I also go "male" if I feel threatened.

All I can say sweetie is that I wouldn't worry if I were you. I think it is a natural feeling. Just go with the flow hon.

HUGS

Brenda

Guest Maryteresa

I engage in competative rowing and the training that must be done to be able to compete at that level, which is now 'Masters' . Shaving my legs is therefore quite out of the question, but I do get away with keeping a deep vee shaved off my chest, which doesn't get commented on in the showers.

I may only actually crossdress occasionally when the coast is clear and the wife is away for a few days. The business of doing make-up , dressing in various outfits and photographing them takes most of a day, so that day is set aside for CD-ing, planned carefully in advance and has nothing to do with the hormonal flow aupposedly induced by exercise....pretty violent in my case, usually.

Guest DisDwarf

i think there's some correlation between exercise and sex drive, i dont remember what i've read but i think it said that sports helps release sexual tension or something like that.

Guest Emily H

Competitive Video Games like Cod makes me care less about crossdressing. It might be a mental thing, I don't know. Maybe the hormones or chemicals going through your body.

~Andrea

Guest Steph S.
Actually, it could be just the opposite. From my research exercise acutally descreases testosterone levels. This would also explain why after having sex where I have climaxed. In fact, if I am dressed up when I am having sex, then I can't wait to take it off afterwards. Odd eh? Anyway, perhaps it is just the opposite, maybe the lack of testosterone is what is causing the change.

Wow you are right Diana we are in a similar situation as I feel exactly as you do. Now I'm an avid long distance cyclist, and no I have never used this an excuse to shave my legs ;) , anway after doing 75-100 miles I'm not every interested in much of anything to say the least other than sleep! So I myself I don't know if the T is having an impact, but I can sure tell you exhaustion does for me!