• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

5'th Session For My Laser Hair Removal!

Guest Emily_MI

Guest Emily_MI

Saturday I had my 5'th session for my hair removal~Yay!!~, it is getting a lot easier; however, it still REALLY hurts right up about the lip area and the bottom of the chin/upper neck areas. I have been seeing improvement which has been great and actually they said that I can start on my Electrosisis sessions here any day which is great to hear as well and I cannot start until I start with these sessions. Slowly it is coming along but at least it is coming :P

-Emily

Guest Donna Jean

Emily.....

So, you're pretty satisfied with the Laser treatments? You are getting good results?

I'm in electrolysis myself...laser won't work for me, but, I'm curious about how good it works....

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Emily_MI
Emily.....

So, you're pretty satisfied with the Laser treatments? You are getting good results?

I'm in electrolysis myself...laser won't work for me, but, I'm curious about how good it works....

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Well from what I have seen so far I have noticed some changes, which is always good :D For more permanent results though electrolysis is the best way to go and really want those results that I am hoping for. Have you noticed changes from your sessions? has HRT helped with this at all as well with you? Thanks Hun and a BIG HUG from me :D

-Emily

Well, I had my first laser session 2 weeks ago. I've done electrolysis, and the pain of laser is nothing compared to it (not trying to minimize anyone's laser pain; electrolysis hurt a LOT for me).

However, they say that the hair should fall out about a week after the session, and so far it doesn't seem to be responding.

The laser tech said it would likely only take 5 sessions, but I'm afraid that it won't work for me.

Sorry for the digression.

Guest Donna Jean
Well from what I have seen so far I have noticed some changes, which is always good :D For more permanent results though electrolysis is the best way to go and really want those results that I am hoping for. Have you noticed changes from your sessions? has HRT helped with this at all as well with you? Thanks Hun and a BIG HUG from me :D

-Emily

Yes, Dear....my skin has gotten much more soft and sensitive to the electrolysis from when I started...I'm 11 months HRT now..

My electrologist has volunteered to turn down the juice, but, I told her "No"...that would make it take longer and I'm already 40 hours in!

BUT!

OMG, the areas that she has done so far....baby butt smooth ad no more shaving! It's totally awesome!!!!

I probably have as many more hours to go, but the face is pretty much cleared...now for under the chin and the neck!

BIGG HUGGS to you, too!

Donna Jean

Guest Donna Jean
Well, I had my first laser session 2 weeks ago. I've done electrolysis, and the pain of laser is nothing compared to it (not trying to minimize anyone's laser pain; electrolysis hurt a LOT for me).

However, they say that the hair should fall out about a week after the session, and so far it doesn't seem to be responding.

The laser tech said it would likely only take 5 sessions, but I'm afraid that it won't work for me.

Sorry for the digression.

Soph...the reason that I asked about Laser is because I know a few girls that weren't very happy with it and had to finish up with Electrolysis....

I mean, you see no results until the hairs start to fall out and often it seems that they don't....

Huggs....

Donna Jean

Guest Emily_MI
Yes, Dear....my skin has gotten much more soft and sensitive to the electrolysis from when I started...I'm 11 months HRT now..

My electrologist has volunteered to turn down the juice, but, I told her "No"...that would make it take longer and I'm already 40 hours in!

BUT!

OMG, the areas that she has done so far....baby butt smooth ad no more shaving! It's totally awesome!!!!

I probably have as many more hours to go, but the face is pretty much cleared...now for under the chin and the neck!

BIGG HUGGS to you, too!

Donna Jean

They turned up the power settings for me for my laser hair for better results, mostly the only areas which were VERY sensitive either around the lip areas, right below the nose and the chin areas. It makes sense though since these areas have the most nerves in them. I actually had to ask her stop for a min or so I could recompose myself, it is painful at times to be sure but it will BE SO WORTH it in the end and I can not wait for the final results. :rolleyes:

Guest Emily_MI

BUT!

BIGG HUGGS to you, too!

Donna Jean

How often do you go to see your electrologist and how long is each session? ~Hugs~

Guest Emily_MI
I ususlly go for about 6 weeks at a time and then take a month off...

Each session is three hours! OMG!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

wow you are a super Woman to go for 3 hours? not sure how much your costs but I know mine is not cheap for just an hour session.

Guest Kaitlyn88

The only hair that ever grew back dark for me was hairs on my upper lip, and that got less and less each time. The dark hairs always fell out for me in about 8-11 days. The first session took away all the hairs on the rest of the face and I used to have a thick beard. I still get white hairs, but I pluck those. I think that I might get electrolysis down the road after I pay for SRS. It isn't noticeable at all so it isn't a problem other than occasional plucking. I got my first session 3 and a half months ago so I hope it stays gone and doesn't grow back like next year. I might have had such quick results because I was already 6 months into hormones when I started and I heard that keeps the hairs from growing back, especially the younger you are. I was 20 at the time.

Guest i is Sam :-)

The woman at my place told me that at most I'd probably only need 1 or 2 sessions a year to stay on top of what comes back. which isn't bad, tho i'll probably do electrolysis to make it parmanent. I have some moles that can't be lasered over so those will have to be got with electro.

Guest Emily_MI
The woman at my place told me that at most I'd probably only need 1 or 2 sessions a year to stay on top of what comes back. which isn't bad, tho i'll probably do electrolysis to make it parmanent. I have some moles that can't be lasered over so those will have to be got with electro.

Wow girl you are SO LUCKY just to have that few of needed sessions, I will need several still before it comes to the point of being more permanent but it is SSSOOOO worth it! :P

Guest Camicochan

Laser is amazing! I've had 3 laser sessions, and the sides of my face and my neck are completely clear. It's almost time for the next session, and they still haven't grown back - I only shave my lip and a little on my chin. It's great having all the white fuzz grow back in and not having razor burn! After this one they said I'll only need one more. Also, since this probably matters, my hair is almost black and I'm very pale.

Guest Danielle J

I've had 5 treatments and it is working fairly well on the sides of my face, but not so well on my chin. But then I have more gray there, But my program is paid up for two years so I'll go every 4 weeks as long as I can and see what happens. Once I start HRT it should work even better.

Danielle

• 2 weeks later...

My laser is paid in 12 monthly instalments. I started in May 2009 and I go every 3 weeks. I have had a couple of weekly treatments for my top lip and I have to apply pain cream before hand - the tears were getting too much. My tech doesn't increase power so much as increase the number of passes. I am now up to about 10 passes over most spots and she goes for a "well cooked" look! And Yes, OUCH!

The hair starts to come out in about a week. The white and gray hairs are still there and I may have to electro those after the laser is done.

Should have done this years ago!

I am 57 and last year had 10 laser sessions, while they got rid of my dark hairs the white ones were still there so in July i started electrolysis, i thought the pain of laser was worse, i used lidocane cream on my upper lip before electro to minimize the pain. i guess everyone has a different pain tolerance, mine is quite high.

Paula

Guest NatalieRene
Emily.....

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Laser works great as long as you have a light complexion and dark hair. But it won't get all of the hairs. Some hairs will not be killed off but instead grow as really fine white hairs. So you have to have electrolysis to get rid of the remaining hairs.

It's like using a lawn mower to mow a yard and bringing out the edger and weed whacker to finish the job after your done mowing.

Guest Camicochan
Laser works great as long as you have a light complexion and dark hair. But it won't get all of the hairs. Some hairs will not be killed off but instead grow as really fine white hairs. So you have to have electrolysis to get rid of the remaining hairs.

It's like using a lawn mower to mow a yard and bringing out the edger and weed whacker to finish the job after your done mowing.

Is it really necessary even to worry about the white hairs in the first place? Cis women have white hairs on their face, and quite frankly the white hair left on mine looks no different. Electrolysis is quite expensive - I just don't see the point.

Guest sarah f

Congrats on your 5th treatment. It really is a great feeling isn't it. I had my 5th treatment on my face in December. I agree with you that it still hurts but it is a good hurt because we are getting rid of the hair for good. I only have a little bit left and hopefully in a couple of more treatments, you won't be able to see any hair left. I will have to have electrolysis on the gray hairs but that should be minimal.

Hi Emily,

Laser just finished and moving on to Electrolysis ??.

Me too hun, I got a quote re hourly rates this morning and

start in 2 weeks. I had a 20 minute session late last year

and found it not as painful as laser . I can only afford 1 hour

a week so it will be a slow process . Wish you well hun ,

dont forget , each little *ouch* is an invader deported LOL.

luv,viv :)

Guest NatashaJade

I'm off for my second treatment today (in about 20 minutes). There were definite results from the first go around. I can't wait to see what the second (and third...and fourth..etc.) will do. Pain is temporary.

luv

Gin

Guest NatalieRene
Is it really necessary even to worry about the white hairs in the first place? Cis women have white hairs on their face, and quite frankly the white hair left on mine looks no different. Electrolysis is quite expensive - I just don't see the point.

Well this isn't fuzz I'm talking about. I've had a number of hairs mostly on my chin that while finer are still clearly whiskers that grow back now as white. I'm hoping that a hour or two of electrolysis would take care of all of them. It would only cost about $100 get them removed.

Guest Emily_MI

My laser sessions are somewhat working but not the results I am hoping for. I go in again for another laser treatment later next month but am thinking that I just may go for Electrolysis for better results. I guess the results I am looking for is very little to no hair growth on my face which honestly I do not know how realistic that is yet for me?