• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Intro Or Hello

Guest Charleston

Guest Charleston

I wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I found this site (although I had heard about it previously) as I've been feeling a bit down lately regarding mostly...dating or lack there of...

I'm in my mid 30s, post op for 10 years now...transitioned at 20. I live in the urban south (however not in charleston), and currently work for a politician on a re-election campaign. I am stealthy...(and about to graduate from college...evening classes, and currently taking a class that is taught by a nationally known political consultant).

I am pretty introverted however and when I'm not working I tend to get lonely.

This weekend reached a peak of this lately...because I've never dated. Totally terrified of doing it or telling anyone about my past...

So here I am....

• Root Admin

Hello Charleston,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. Sounds like you have a pretty interesting job. Do you intend to go into politics? We're not a dating site but I'm sure you'll get plenty of tips on how to go about it safely.

MaryEllen :)

Guest Charleston

Oh I know. Not looking to date as much as deal with the fears and depression I feel being a post op who is trying to navigate this...it has been crippling me emotionally because I just can't deal with my past and how that ties in with dating.

I haven't really even thought about T* issues in a long time...this has catapulted me into thinking about this again.

I don't know that I want to run for office however I want to serve my community and my country through campaigning, legislative affairs and policy creation. :)

• Root Admin

Fear and depression are pretty common in the T-community. I think all of us have found that out at one time or another. It's a common misconception that once a person gets to be post-op that every thing will be fine and dandy. We all know that that just isn't so. We usually encourage people to seek out psychiatric counseling whenever feelings of depression get us down. Have you thought about that?

I'd encourage you to look the site over to see how others deal with bouts of depression. You're among friends here so there's no need to be shy. If you have questions, ask away. We'll try our best to provide answers.

MaryEllen :)

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi and Welcome Charleston :)

It is good to have someone who has completed their transitioning journey on board here.

Dearheart, have you considered joining any LGBT groups in your area?

Don't despair my love, you are going to find someone special :)

Love and HUGS

Brenda

Guest Charleston

Yeah I don't want to join any groups. It would be one thing if I wasn't in politics...but stealth is best.

I've had to work hard just to get where I am at this point...I don't want to have all that placed at risk.

Hello Charleston,

Welcome to the forums.

I would like to say that I am so glad to have you here I am a good deal older and just 6 months into HRT but I am aware that the journey is never really over so it is good to have a fellow traveler join us from much further down the road.

Won't you take a moment to read the rules and do remember that this is a moderated site to keep things safe.

I'd like to welcome you with a nice cup of hot cocoa and some fresh baked cookies because it gives you the idea that we are very friendly and we are! :)

Welcome to the family.

Love ya,

Sally

Hi Charlston ,

<<hug>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have Post-op meetings Thurs 8pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Guest sarah f

Welcome to Laura's Charleston. I see you have transitioned already so Congrats on that. I look forward to reading more about you so keep on posting.

Love,

Sarah F

Guest Elizabeth K

Honey - I now you are stealth but here at Laura's we understand instantly just about everything - and we are really a friendly bunch - almost like a family. I have my surgery in about a year and I also fear what will happen to me. It will probably destroy my ability to perform in my profession - and I hate that - but there is no choice.

But I am older - so I have my last years before me to gently finish out as myself.

So if you post 5 times you become eligible to 'private message.' PM we call it. You can talk to people here in the membership (includes us moderators and administration) in private, and in detail.

You will certaqinly make some lifetime friends! I have...

I hope you stay with us. We are such a rare group, we transpeople. We need others like ourselves to find our way sometimes, to ease through the depression we seem so prone to get, and to just have around to send an occasional note.

Elizabeth

Guest Donna Jean

Good morning, Charleston!

Welcome to the Playground!

Well, I'm MTF and practically in the very same place as Lizzy above...

So, it's refreshing having someone on that is so young and transitioned.

I truly hope that you decide to stay with us, you could be a world of help and advice to many here.

Thanks for coming, Honey!

Huggs!

Donna Jean

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 108 Guests (See full list)

• Ivy
    • Mmindy
    • Betty K
    • Petra Jane
    • Susie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • FelixThePickleMan
    • Abigail Genevieve