• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Isn't Life Funny How Things Turn Out?

Guest Kaitlyn88

Guest Kaitlyn88

Well I finally found a way to be able to afford surgery and it is not what I expected. :)

My ex, that I was engaged to, joined the Army for and gave thousands of dollars to randomly called me up yesterday with an offer. She is now dating someone else and is straight so we will just be friends. She said that I can live with them for free, she'll pay me back the thousands of dollars I had given her in cash and even help me get to college, which will be free because my dad is a disabled vet. She has a son that we thought was mine but it was the time we broke up so it turned out being someone else's. My doctor said that I could never have kids because I'm XXY, but I didn't know that back then. She said that she will help me in every step of transition and even go with me to Thailand. Plus that we will be like sisters and I can be her son's aunt. (I don't think that we will ever tell him that at one time his mom thought that his aunt was his father lol.) Which is great since I can't have my own kids and I'm not allowed to see my nieces and nephews because I'm trans. Only my brother talks to me from my family and his wife won't let me see his daughter.

If anyone had told me even a year ago that I wouldn't be dating her, I would be living with her in her boyfriend's house, as a girl and be aunt to her kid from a third person I would have thought they were crazy. I thought that we would be married and have a kid together at this point. Things worked out in a great way, just not at all like we would have ever expected in all the years we knew each other. I guess you never really know what will happen in life. I think that we'll be as close as two people can get after everything we've been through.

Guest Donna Jean
If anyone had told me even a year ago that I wouldn't be dating her, I would be living with her in her boyfriend's house, as a girl and be aunt to her kid from a third person I would have thought they were crazy. I thought that we would be married and have a kid together at this point. Things worked out in a great way, just not at all like we would have ever expected in all the years we knew each other. I guess you never really know what will happen in life. I think that we'll be as close as two people can get after everything we've been through.

That is precious....

No, we never know....

If many of us went back a couple of years and tried to realize where we'd be today.....

Well, it just wouldn't compute...

Now look at us....

Now look at it all...

Good luck, Sweetheart!

LOVE

Donna Jean

• Admin

Yes, indeed, Kaitlyn. Life is very strange. Also mysterious, wonderful, frightening and full of surprises. I've had a few of my own this past year. ;)

Sounds like things are going to work out for you. Whatever the Fates may have in store for you, you can be sure this isn't the last of the surprises.

I hope they all turn out as well.

Carolyn Marie

Guest sarah f

Sometimes Kaitlyn things work out the best for us in life. I am sorry to hear about your family but hopefully this will be the start of a new family for you. I am happy for you. Save, save, save because surgery is not cheap as you know.

Love,

Sarah F

That is wonderful and life is very strange.

As the great Yogi Berra said, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Love ya,

Sally