• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wearing Uniform Shirts At Work

Guest laura renee

Guest laura renee

Just a quick question if anyone can answer. When I started HRT I did band and bust measurements and at 4 months I can tell the breast look a lot bigger but all the measurements are still the same and the uniform shirts I wear for work are getting more tight lately in the chest area but no change in measurements and staying at around 210 pounds which is down from the 224 I first started at before starting to exercise on a regular schedule and all on my 6 foot 1 inch frame but I also have wide shoulders though but still look thin looking lately which I like. Also feeling more coordinated and less clumsy lately as well if that is a side effect of my meds or not. Also, anyone know of a good nail polish that can protect nails from chipping and getting their edges scraped so easyly and is either clear or invisible and I do not care if anyone sees the polish or not even though I am not out at work they know I am a little unusual and that is just me. Also, since I work as a cashier at a gas station I usually just tell my store manager that it is easyier to pick change up off the counter and all with the nails that I am growing out and do not care if anyone notices if I wear nail polish or not and thanks for any advice anyone can give.

Laura Renee

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi Laura Renee :)

I am sorry If my post is not of much help to you, but I'll try...

First, it sounds like your loosing weight is coinsiding with your breast development, hence no visible outward signs in terms of your work apparel.

As far as nails are concerned, I simply wear nailpolish and nothing more. Some people have recommended hardeners, but I have yet to use them. If a nail chips or is damaged in some way, I simply let it grow and repolish appropriately.

Since I am a guitar player, I keep my fingernails short. Playing guitar well is far more important to me than having long fingernails. In my life, I balance the importance of how I want to look with what is also important to me.

Playing guitar and having long fingernails do not mix. A choice has to be made.... I chooose guitar playing :)

Hope this helps in some way

Brenda

I would recommend Sally Hansen advanced hard as nails polish. It has worked great for me in the past and is protecting my colored polish quite well. Did I mention that I work in construction? If it will hold up to that it should help you just fine. Of course I do wear gloves all the time when working.

As for the shirts, I am not sure how they are getting tighter if the measurements are not changing. It could be that you are losing weight around your chest but the breasts are growing so they are staying at the same measurement. If that was the case though the band size should be changing.

I know if I wear a tight shirt now there is no hiding what is growing for me. There is not a night or morning that goes by where I don't think "keep growing girls, keep growing!!" hehe

*Hugs*

Mae