• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Unnoticed!

Guest Elizabeth K

Guest Elizabeth K

I got my hair colored yesterday. I was then free for about two hours (I went by myself to see the movie Avatar - wowwww). Went to the mall.

Did I mention I was fully female presenting?

BORING! No one paid me much attention - just another woman out shopping. All the ma'ams I could ever need. And all those around just not seeing anything unusual.

I sat in an ice cream shop and watched people come in (I was by the door) - not ever even a hesitation or a second look.

I guess we get there eventually! It was both so good - and sorta unexpected! I was out alone - usually I am out with my wife, we get a few looks. By myself I apparently pass about 100%.

Gee - shoulda colored my hair years ago!

Lizzy

Guest praisedbeherhooves
I got my hair colored yesterday. I was then free for about two hours (I went by myself to see the movie Avatar - wowwww). Went to the mall.

Did I mention I was fully female presenting?

BORING! No one paid me much attention - just another woman out shopping. All the ma'ams I could ever need. And all those around just not seeing anything unusual.

I sat in an ice cream shop and watched people come in (I was by the door) - not ever even a hesitation or a second look.

I guess we get there eventually! It was both so good - and sorta unexpected! I was out alone - usually I am out with my wife, we get a few looks. By myself I apparently pass about 100%.

Gee - shoulda colored my hair years ago!

Lizzy

That's awesome! :D What color did you do/

Congratulations Lizzy,

We all assume that when we go out we will induce stares and a lot of commotion but in fact very few ever do, most people are far too self absorbed to notice anyone.

Love ya,

Sally

Wonderful post, Lizzie,

You're right about how much attention you DON'T get, isn't it?

When I did my first 4 full days out last month, it was about the same. I could pass anywhere, provided I didn't talk. :D I stood in a long, packed lunch line at a Subway, with people nearly touching each other, nothing. I sat and ate my sandwich right next to the line, I mean I could reach out and touch people, nothing. At several other C-stores (with Subways), I sat by the door, nothing. I went shopping at several mall stores, nothing.

Good grief, people! Won't somebody please cue the little kids to run screaming after me down the street? :lol:

You're right. This makes me wish I'd done this years ago.

But I can't, so I'll just do it now. And enjoy every last minute of it, just like you are. What a wonderful feeling to finally let the true girl in me out and about.

Love,

Babygirl,

Yvonne

Lizzy,, I go to see my Endo mid May and I intend to get my hair cut

*proper*for the first time in my life (eyebrows and lashes done too)

for my appointment . Does it look good , what color???, I dont know

what to get , highlights or the full monty -back to dark brown . Are you

happy with the finished work??, need to know hun ,,,need to know .viv :)

OOps just see now ,,,your gonna post pics, cool .

Guest sarah f

What a day you had Lizzy. I am happy for you to be able to just go out as yourself and not have even one look back to make sure. Now you just have to make this a full time deal.

Love,

Sarah F

Guest ~Brenda~

Honey you pass so well now that there is no challenge left.

You are just another woman in the crowd. No one sees anything else, but a woman.

You have made it!!!

HUGS

Brenda

Lizzy,, I go to see my Endo mid May and I intend to get my hair cut

*proper*for the first time in my life (eyebrows and lashes done too)

for my appointment . Does it look good , what color???, I dont know

what to get , highlights or the full monty -back to dark brown . Are you

happy with the finished work??, need to know hun ,,,need to know .viv :)

OOps just see now ,,,your gonna post pics, cool .

Hi Viv,

Don't be so quick to copy what another girl does, even if it makes her look terrific. Hair length, style, color and highlights are things that have to fit you and bring out your best.

When I bought my wig last month, I went to a wig shop that did serious wigs for women, like chemo patients, as opposed to a wig shop that sells costume-grade wigs.

The man who helped me started putting a number of reasonably short styles on me and every one of them looked like a dead animal! They were awful. I'd just seen a woman trying on short stuff and she looked "wow".

When he put on the one I wear now, I knew that was it. The color, shine, style and length made me look fab. Even my wife commented on how great my hair looked last night, after seeing Yvonne fully prepped for a night out for the first time ever. She even said SHE might wear it or buy one like it..... (I about fainted).

But, I digress...... I'd try a bunch of different wigs or looks until you find the one and, when you do, you'll know it right away. I did make a point to tell the guy the image I wanted to project: I told him I wanted to look like an executive. This is also important for a stylist to know, as well. Too many will assume we want the Cabaret Transvestite look. Ouch.

I love you, dear Viv,

Yvonne

Yvonne , thanks hun, every bit of advice is welcome. Before I know it

I will be sitting before the Endo and I desperately want to look as

good as poss. Hair is gonna be a biggie , my hair is now mostly gray

and I wondered ,,will I dye or highlight ?? . Thanks again Yvonne .

Hope your well, luv,viv :)

• Admin

Liz, that's wonderful! Your transition really is complete, except for the parts that the world can't see anyway. You know who you are, and the rest of the

world just follows your lead. I'm really proud of you, hon. You are an inspiration.

Sorry I neglected to comment on your hair last night when we Skyped. Not enough time to fit everything into the conversation. Honey, you looked

wonderful! :)

I spent several hours in the mall yesterday too. I had on some embroidered jean and a sweater, and I seemed to pass everywhere I went. No problems

in the ladies dressing room, no problems in the ladies lavatory, no problems talking to people. Either California is a lot more trans-friendly than elsewhere,

or I'm doing better than I ever imagined I could. That feeling of acceptance is a wonderful, magical thing.

Love

Carolyn Marie

Guest NadineB

I am so happy for you. It must be a great feeling. I am very envious right now but my time will come. I hope you ate having fun and enjoying yourself.

Luv Nadine