• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

"court Case" Booked

Guest Zabrak

Guest NatalieRene
WOOT!!

Congrats!! Score 1 for the good guys!! :P

So does this mean you are safe now in your apartment or can the land lord keep harrassing you?

Love and *hugs*

Mae

I'd move because they'll probably either try to raise the rent to force zabrak out or try to refuse to renew the lease. Besides why give these jerks money at all. They should be boycotted.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• MaryEllen

Guest Zabrak
I'd move because they'll probably either try to raise the rent to force zabrak out or try to refuse to renew the lease. Besides why give these jerks money at all. They should be boycotted.

They cant raise the rent now, Canada has laws about when and how much rent can be rasied. I think every three years or something they can do it.

I will look into getting back at him, and I may be coming into some money soon so I'll wait on the money. I may or may not go after him if I can, I just dont need more stress. I'll see if he starst acting like a butt to me or not. I think I can press charges againts him anyway with the tenents act if he does act like a butt.

However, you're right, I need to look into other places. I'll move on my OWN TIME now, though. Its nice not to feel rushed. My contract with him isnt up till the end of this year(which Im guessing he will refuse to renew) so I have time to find a better and maybe cheaper place to live.

Guest ~Brenda~

Kyle,

One thing that I definitely know about you is that you are a survivor.

You are going to be just fine because that is what you do

Love

Brenda

Guest NatalieRene
They cant raise the rent now, Canada has laws about when and how much rent can be rasied. I think every three years or something they can do it.

I will look into getting back at him, and I may be coming into some money soon so I'll wait on the money. I may or may not go after him if I can, I just dont need more stress. I'll see if he starst acting like a butt to me or not. I think I can press charges againts him anyway with the tenents act if he does act like a butt.

However, you're right, I need to look into other places. I'll move on my OWN TIME now, though. Its nice not to feel rushed. My contract with him isnt up till the end of this year(which Im guessing he will refuse to renew) so I have time to find a better and maybe cheaper place to live.

For sure, I'm glad you can move out at your own pace.

As far as stress though this kind of thing is totally unstressful when you have an open and shut case. You just go to the court house file your civil suit against him. They will serve him notice. All you have to do for prep work is to collect all your documents from this case he made against you and hold on to the written statements from the other apartments that said because he made statements against you they would not rent to you. Once you have all that in your folder you're golden, just kick back and wait for the trial day. The one stressing out will be that butt hole. When they get to your case pull out your copies of all the documents from this last case including the judges judgement and tell them how he slandered you when you where trying to get a new place and caused you to lose several chances for a new home and you'll slam dunk it. Easy as pie. Then wait thirty days and cash the check once it arrives.

Guest Zabrak

I'm happy its over, I'm feeling at peace now. He came up and offered to alter my lease and add a pet deposit. Which is a HUGE change to the way he's been acting. He had it out for me the moment he knew I was there. Now hes willing to get past it all...maybe because they lost the owers got scared and decided to back down from being buttholes?

Guest NatalieRene
I'm happy its over, I'm feeling at peace now. He came up and offered to alter my lease and add a pet deposit. Which is a HUGE change to the way he's been acting. He had it out for me the moment he knew I was there. Now hes willing to get past it all...maybe because they lost the owers got scared and decided to back down from being buttholes?

Tel him you want a lower rent payment. :D

Congratulations Kyle - I am so happy that things turned out right for you.

I hope to one day be able to deliver one of these hugs in person.

You know that I love you,

Sally