• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Where Has The Time Gone?

Guest Joanna Phipps

Guest Joanna Phipps

OMG looking at the calendar I cant belive that in 3 days it will be 6 months of HRT and 8 months RLE for me. Where the heck has the time go, it seems like just yesterday that I was cussing out my team for not moving fast enough. Now I am asking for my first letter for surgery, I know who I want to do the work and where he is.

How time flies, but its not all been fun.

Thanks to all my brothers and sisters for putting up with all of my crap and keeping me on track.

Guest sarah f

I have not been here long enough to know when you started but I am glad to have the past month and half to get to know you a little bit. I enjoy reading your posts and really appreciate your responses to mine. Besides that is what we are all here for and that is to help one another through the good and bad times. I just hope I can help others the way you have so far.

Love,

Sarah F

Guest Donna Jean

Hang in there, Joanna.....

I know that it's not been a cakewalk for you, but, it seems to be smoothing out some...

It's hopefully getting better!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest BeckyTG

Hi Sweet Big Sis,

I'm so very happy for you. I remember reading about starting your RLE and seeing all the difficulties you've been through. It really seems as though you've turned a corner in your life. I think that is just wonderful and it couldn't happen to a better or more deserving person.

Many of us live vicariously through others around here and I'm so happy to see the recent positive things in your life. It makes me not fear my own development so much....

I love you dearly,

Lil sis,

Becky

Joanna sweety,

As they say time flies, i do remember the beginning of your journey, your team seemed to fight you every step of the way, but you proved them wrong, you did the 2 months RLT before starting hormones, i know that had to be a very difficult time for you, your wife seems to be on board now and the rest as they say is history.

Paula

Well JoJo,

I would have to admit that you had a very rocky start possibly as rough as anyone's that I have known but you made it and that is the main point, sure you had a few minor meltdowns along the way and more than a few of us were waiting for an event somewhere between Chernobles and Krakatoa but you managed to keep things under control (sometimes just barley but that counts).

It seemed obvious at one point that your wife was minutes away from parting ways with you but to her credit she has tried to understand and has learned enough about us and our basic nature that she has decided to stay with you and support you, she has a great part in your recent happiness - don't forget to show her your appreciation - this turn of events was very unexpected but so wonderful - I wish you all of the happiness possible.

Just as a reminder to everyone - it can be a long and treacherous journey and there may be battles to be fought along the way but they can all be won and the journey become a stroll through fields of wildflowers and clear streams if you persevere through the darkness that seems all prevalent - there is sunshine and that beautiful meadow - JoJo has found it, let her help to guide you, you have seen her journey now keep moving on your own journeys, you are the only one who can stop you.

Love ya,

Sally

• Admin

Joanna, I've seen you persevere through some very bad times. I;ve seen you threaten to leave Laura's, and seen you in the depths

of dispair.

Well, here you are doing really well, and having survived all of those trials stronger than ever. I'm very proud of you. I'm glad

that you have stuck around here, and put up with everthing. You're a good woman, Joanna. You're going to be just fine.

Congrats!

Carolyn Marie

Hi Joanna,

Yes, it's good to see you've settled in. I wonder if you might do better if you weren't in the New Mexico province of Canada? Seems like the geographical stretch might be painful!

How soon are you returning to Canada? coming to BC?

Kat

Guest Joanna Phipps
Hi Joanna,

Yes, it's good to see you've settled in. I wonder if you might do better if you weren't in the New Mexico province of Canada? Seems like the geographical stretch might be painful!

How soon are you returning to Canada? coming to BC?

Kat

If i stretch hard enough would it self invert saving the need for surgery??

Re my return, sometime in June... I will be one year hrt and 10 months hormones by then so will be eligible but I want to delay the surgery till 2011 to give us a chance to get settled and get some money coming in