• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The First 20...and The Next 20

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

My wife and I celebrate our 20th anniversary today. For me, it is a happy day, tinged with feelings of

doubt and hope, anticipation and questions.

Several months ago, when I came out to my wife, I wondered if I would be living in our house when our

20th rolled around. I had so many fears. My wife has been far more resilient, patient, understanding and

supportive than I ever had imagined or hoped. I guess you don't really know someone until you reach a

crisis that tests everything you believe.

So we start our 21st year together as much friends and sisters as "husband" and wife. It is something both

of us have to get used to. This will be an ongoing process of discovery, and I'm sure there will be backward

steps along the way. I'm prepared for those. But I'm far more optimistic than I was back in August, that

we can find a way to make this work.

The final chapter isn't written yet, but I just wanted to share my revelation that success IS possible for

a married couple. I hope I can report the same a year or two from now. Here's to the next 20.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Donna Jean

*raises cup*

Here's to the next 20, Carolyn......

And like you, it seems that my wife and I have become more sisters and girlfriends, too....*sigh*

But, on the other hand....what could I expect....?

You are doing great, Honey.....

Congratz!

LOVE & HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest NadineB

Congratulations on the first 20yrs. I hope the next 20 will be the happiest with you best friend, sister and wife. I know how tough it is coming out to that special person and trying to make it work. I am so happy for you. I recently came out to my wife and after weeks of tears, doubts, feeling guilty and feeling relieved we have both decided to take it one day at a time. I hope we get to celebrate our 20th yr of unity. Once again congratulations.

Luv Nadine

Guest BeckyTG

*Raises glass of cheap wine*

Here's to you, girlfriend. May the next 20 years bring you more satisfaction than ever.

As an intended encouragement to you, I met a wonderful couple last week. The (former) husband had just completed SRS 2 years ago. The wife went with her during it and has been totally supportive the whole time. We met at a support group meeting and she was as bright, bubbly and positive as you'll get. They have children at home and consider themselves to have a bright future.

She told me that it's no different than any other medical condition--go for the treatment and make the best of it. Why should this affect a marriage?

I about cried at hearing that.

So, Happy Anniversary and may you have many more,

l love you,

Becky

Guest ~Brenda~

sniff....

Oh Carolyn... here's to the next 20!!!

Dearheart, the sharing of your experience has been so inspiring.

I wish you, your wife, your son, all the best.

Love

Brenda

Guest sarah f

Happy Anniversary Carolyn. Wow 20 years, that is a long time. I have been only married for 9 years this year but we have been together for 15 years. I hope your next 20 are just as wonderful if not better.

Love,

Sarah F

Hi Carolyn,

Congratulations on your anniversary.

Marraige is like anything, needs care and maintenance to keep it working well. I think you have the abilities for that.

I'm glad that your wife has also shown the resilience needed to make it work. Best of luck to you!

Love, Kat

I raise my icy mug of root beer high to toast you and your wife, Carolyn and again for all of the others whose wives have stayed to be their best friends, sisters and girlfriends.

I salute all of you for your hard work and your wives' hard work and understanding in becoming your sisters - I became an only child, so here is to the wonderful SOs that try!

Love ya,

Sally

• Admin

Thanks, all of you, my dear friends. My wife and I had a wonderful dinner full of good food, good drink, good conversation, laughs and love. Can't ask for more

than that.

Next year's celebration should be more, shall we say, interesting? Just two ladies out on the town in their finest. Strange new world...

Carolyn Marie

Happy 20th Anniversary, Carolyn!

Hope the next 20 years will be so blessed for you two.

*tips his cowboy hat and raise his wine to toast*

I sure hope that next 20 years stay strong and well.

Guest julia_d

Happy Anniversary .. 20 years is a landmark by anybodies standards. Many happy returns and may the next 20 be a little less eventful maybe?

You reminded me.. It's 20 years in July that my failed thing was made.. wow.. time sure does fly.

Guest Joanna Phipps
My wife and I celebrate our 20th anniversary today. For me, it is a happy day, tinged with feelings of

doubt and hope, anticipation and questions.

Several months ago, when I came out to my wife, I wondered if I would be living in our house when our

20th rolled around. I had so many fears. My wife has been far more resilient, patient, understanding and

supportive than I ever had imagined or hoped. I guess you don't really know someone until you reach a

crisis that tests everything you believe.

So we start our 21st year together as much friends and sisters as "husband" and wife. It is something both

of us have to get used to. This will be an ongoing process of discovery, and I'm sure there will be backward

steps along the way. I'm prepared for those. But I'm far more optimistic than I was back in August, that

we can find a way to make this work.

The final chapter isn't written yet, but I just wanted to share my revelation that success IS possible for

a married couple. I hope I can report the same a year or two from now. Here's to the next 20.

Carolyn Marie

I understand the upheavals, the nerves, concern and fear. In December my wife and I started the second 10 of our marriage and even then it looked like we may not make it but things have done a 180 and now she and I are back to being a couple and sharing the same bed. Congratulations on making it this far, many marriages dont here's to the second 20 for you and yours.