• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Started Crossdressing

Guest aquariusbob25

Guest aquariusbob25

Hi!

After doubting if I should or not start crossdressing these past months, I finally made my mind up! Today I just put on a bra and string I bought a while back and actually felt good about it. :) I didn't feel half as guilty as I thought I would, come to think of it I felt kinda relieved! (I was afraid it would ruin my self-confidence and my chance of starting a new relationship.)

I've also purchased some new clothing and boots! Really sexy clubwear type stuff! Cant wait 'till they arrive! Now I just need to come up with a new name!

Guest ChloëC

Sounds like a good day.

Really, there is no reason to ever feel guilty about doing something that makes you feel better about yourself. I know, it's one of those things that seems to be embedded in our minds, but once you free yourself of that, life in general usually go so much better. We have enough going on in our lives that we really don't need that kind of baggage. (my favorite analogy - and I don't care if some don't like it - is that, did lightning strike you when you dressed? No? Didn't think so. God is not going to 'punish' you for that. At least not the God I understand. Really and truly.)

Here's to many more good days,

Hugs

Chloë

Guest ~Brenda~

Aquarius hon,

I am so glad to hear that you are discovering yourself. Crossdressing is nothing to be ashamed of.. ever. I too went through that period of shame, but have now long settled and embraced who I am. Accepting yourself is the first step :)

Love

Brenda

Guest Roberta1

I've been at it for 60 years, and believe me, lightning strikes everytime I dress up! Ain't life a blast? Sometimes I just can't wait...

Moral to the story: there is nothing wrong with you, me, or any other CDer. Have some fun before the long sleep.

Sincerely,

Roberta

No guilt! You aren't harming anyone, especially yourself. It's healthy to bring out your feminine side: for me, I feel far more balanced being able to express both genders, and a great freedom in being able to choose.

Love, Kat

There is no shame or guilt in cross dressing - it is something that you really need to do and that is why you felt natural - enjoy it and do not punish yourself for it - that is best left up to the small minded, they are very good at it!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Penelope

Dear Aquarius Bob,

I fought it for years: and lost. I then saw sense and, with some encouragement from reading the contributors to this site, embraced my feminine self.

I've found a whole new existence: learning to develop a personal style in clothing and shoes; applying makeup! - to enhance a female image rather than look like a clown or drag artiste; coping with a wig. Less than a year ago I couldn't imagine doing such things.

Not only do I feel that cross dressing good for my mental wellbeing; I am also looking after my skin and keeping my weight down. The clothes fit so much better. There are some challenges though. You have to accept the limitations of your body shape; you have to develop the nerve to go into shops and buy things that 'regular' guys don't; above all you have to solve how to manage your significant other. Do you carry on clandestinely or do you tell? Even after you do tell your SO might not be very enthusiastic, so you may have to keep partially, or mostly, out of sight.

Then it may be the start of a voyage of unexpected discovery; as some of the ladies on this site can testify.

I wouldn't have chosen to be a crossdresser; it would have been a lot less bother. But now I wouldn't change it.

Good luck for your future journey.

Ms P.

Guest Penelope

Sorry, I forgot to mention it: unless you are content with just wearing clothing, you are now likely to join in a lifelong battle with hair.

I haven't got enough on the top of my head and I've got too much elsewhere, particularly my legs. These are a chore because I don't just want to avoid seeing hairs, I want them to feel smooth without any spiky bits of stubble. Frequent shaving is the result. The time I spend in the bathroom (in the British use of the word) doesn't half annoy my SO. I cannot, for financial and relationship reasons, go in for laser or similar solutions and I detest depiliation creams. I might try waxing sometime soon.

I'm lucky though: my face hairs are pale, quite fine and mostly on the chin top lip areas; so I don't have to conceal any five o'clock shadow under a layer of foundation. There is very little elsewhere that I need to scythe.

Only you can know how far you want to go take your dressing and whether you would ever want to venture out en femme. I've never done this as Penelope, though I once did go out as a 'vamp' character at the instigation of my SO.

All the best,

Penelope

Guest aquariusbob25

Hi! Thanks you all for your posts! Much appreciated! :) I'll post comments later, I just need to get this story on paper right now!

Well, let me tell you about Day 2 B) :

After work I decied to go to a department store in a city quite near where I live (but not quite near enough to be able to run into someone I know!) to buy some lingerie. So I entered the store (I wasn't really all that nervous!) and took a look around (I wanted to at least buy one bra and panty) and they had a discount: 3 bras for the price of 2! So I chose 3 models (different size cup, I'm not sure which I should buy) bras (including a pink satin bra and panty that look gorgeous!) with matching panties (including a panty with garters and some thigh highs for the garters (unfortunately I initially bought stay-up thigh highs, the wrong kind for garters but oh well! I couldn't find any other thigh highs anyway, turns out thats a different department! Who knew? :rolleyes:

I went to the cash register. I realized I'd bought quite a lot and it took quite some time to wrap up and pay for. The woman behind the cash register says: 'you know these bras are different sizes?' I said 'Yep', cool as a cucumber, but thought 'uh-oh now she probably knows its for me.' Then she asks if it's a present, I automatically say 'yes' so she cuts off all the price tags. Because they're different sizes I wanted to know which size was which. Luckilly the bras have a label sewn into them (I just checked), so no worries there! :D Then I see the total amount I had to pay and got quite a shock! :lol: Much much more than I planned to spend!

Last but not least she puts it all in a bag, not with the department store label, but with the lingerie brand on it! So now I'm really hoping I don't run into anyone I know! Talk about Murphy's Law! After that I went to the tights department and bought two pairs of garter tights (different sizes, again I don't know my size!).

On the way back home the guilt hit me pretty hard, I kept having thoughts like 'why spend so much time on buying lingerie when you could be doing something more useful, like going out on a date?' and 'you're stupid for buying this!', etc... So I felt a bit depressed, guilty and ashamed. Now, an hour or so later, I feel a bit better. Overall it was a positive experience!

Kind regards,

Bob (still looking for a better name!)

Guest brenda lee

Sweetie ,Way to go, we are all proud of you. As for a name I suggest maybe one that your mom might have named you if you were born a girl LOL BrendaLee

Guest Emily H

Im glad that you have gotten some things that you are looking forward to wearing Aquarius! It always is fun to get new things, isn't it?

Here to hoping you enjoy!

~Emily

Guest aquariusbob25

I think the guilt part was the hardest! You're all right, no need to feel guilty; though it still comes back though sometimes (I even thought about returning the lingerie to be honest)...

I like your lightning analogy Chloe! So true!!

Penelope, Unfortunatley I can't do anything about the hairs, I go swimming with friends every now and then, so they would notice. Oh well, doesn't bother me much now anyway. Would like to see how stockings look on me without hairy legs though!

Emily, Yeah it's wonderful to be able to buy clothes you want! There's so much more to choose from than men's clothing :)

(still) Bob

Sweetie--sounds like you are testing the waters at your own pace and that is just fine. Many men---more than you might imagine cross-dress and find it brings them satisfaction and a way to reduce stress which is harmless and that's as far as it goes. While others find it is a beginning to transitioning beyond that. Regardless of where your journey takes you, you are family here at Laura's.

hugs, Ricka (who sooo loves wearing her bra! :)

Guest Donna Jean

LOL!

Honey, I think that we have a consensus on cross dressing!

Nothing wrong with it....

Lets see...the pluses..

Makes you feel good..

Harms no one including yourself...

Non spectator event...

You can explore both sides of your brain...

Women's clothing feels wonderful!

Down side.....

UHhhh.....

Well, there you have it!

I dressed for my whole life...even under my flight suit in 'Nam!

Ya can't keep a good girl down!

And now, seeing as how I'm 12 months HRT....it's for life!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest aquariusbob25
Lets see...the pluses..

Makes you feel good..

Harms no one including yourself...

Non spectator event...

You can explore both sides of your brain...

Women's clothing feels wonderful!

Absolutely!! :D

btw What is HRT?

Guest Donna Jean
Absolutely!! :D

btw What is HRT?

Oh.....

Hormone Replacment Therapy...

I'm male-to-female transitioning and on HRT for one year this month!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean