• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Love.

Guest SillyElla

Guest SillyElla

Have you ever... fallen in love? How do you know? People keep telling me... When you fall in love, you just know... But that just makes it so confusing...

Do you believe in love at first site? I kind of do. I think you can definitely adore the way a person looks and have an insane instant attraction to them the moment you lay eyes on their 'flawless self'... but I do not consider this love at first site. But if you watch them and you do not take your eyes off of them... and you see how beautiful they are when they move, and how they smile and interact with the world... I think you can form an attraction that goes beyond looks. Well the truth is, I am not sure what love feels like, so I have no idea whether I really should believe in this or not.

Can you fall in love with someone in one day? Is it possible to gain such an understanding and bond with a person that you are capable of giving your undeniable devotion? Is it possible to trully know someone after only a days worth of contact? Maybe it is possible, I suppose... if you take in everything you see, hear, feel... and absorb everything that is then... Maybe you just get that feeling, like you know... That confusing feeling people keep telling me about... Where you never want to leave their side for the rest of your life.

Is it possible to fall in love with someone without ever having met them in person or seen a photo of them? Can it be that love is possible without a voice or appearance? I do really want to believe this, because out of my honest opinion... I could care less what my true love looks or sounds like. I do have fantasies, but... At the same time, I am really open minded as well. The problem, though, is that without being able to see them or hear their voice, you do not get the same kind of impact as you normal would with body language and tone of voice. Still, can it be possible, that even without those two senses... could you pick up on those things without ever having seen or heard them? I want to know if it is possible that you could know what they look like, on the inside, trully... and know what it is like to be in their presence... without ever actualy seeing them...

Love is truly a magical thing... and I would like to think I know what it feels like... But that leaves me scared. What if my emotions and desires lead me into a trap?

Guest Donna Jean

OMG, Ella!

What a can of worms you have opened here...

Love is one of the strongest things in the world, yet we can't see, touch, hear, or smell love....

Love has it's own schedule...it strikes when IT wants to, not you. And who decides who we love?

Well, it certainly isn't us! Love decides!

Whether we love a man, woman, family, dog, you name it....

Love decides where our love is directed...

Can we fall in love with only a picture of some one? Yup!

Can we have a close friend for a long time and then on day realize that we love them? Yup!

Can we TRY to love someone for a long time and still not really love them? Yup!

Love is truly an amazing thing...we can't understand it...it's been written about for ages and still no one understands how or why it works...And I don't think we ever will...

Remember, with love, all things are possible.

LOVE

Donna Jean

Guest SillyElla

Well you are just some kind of terrible yet so very wonderful person, aren't you!? ^.^

Telling me exactly what I wanted to her! I just want to say... HOW DARE YOU!? and yet scream THANK YOU! too! Ahhh....

*Spins in circles and falls over*

x.O

Guest Katrina Reann

Love at first sight does happen and you can start falling in love on the first day. Both happened to me and my wife nine days after meeting we were married and neither of us have ever been happier to this day.

I don't know, love is just one of those things that kind of is. It's for the most part indescribable and often contradictory. Personally, I love my family, yet I strongly dislike them as well. There's just some connection I have with them that I quite honestly can't understand. Maybe that's all love is though, a connection. Whether it's a familial one, a romantic one, a physical one, whatever, just as long as it's there.

So, can people fall in love at first sight? I'm not sure. Maybe. People need people after all. Back before the Soviet Union fell there were orphanages where children died because of lack of touch, seriously, they died because there was just no connection with the world around them.

Humans are strange creatures.

:huh::mellow: been there and done it. :banghead: :banghead: I just now came out of the relationship. :( :(

but I need to put my words on here.

Love can be a amazing thing and then sometimes it is a curse. Love is good when you want it to be. (in my opinion). It depends how you look at love that way.

In my experience, I am so easily give in into love and then let love tear me back down and turn around. :banghead: :banghead:

I don't know if I make any sense but I thought I would put in my two cents on here.

Guest Melissa Marie

So where does your heart go,

When you seem all alone?

Who is there to hold you,

When you are out on your own?

Have you sailed into the blue,

Past many island lands?

Only to find on board,

There’s no one to hold your hand?

Can you look within yourself,

And find a nurturing spark?

Someone to help hold the flame,

And guide you out of the dark?

A gentle voice, a caring touch

A gift of love for you to hold,

Not from them or without,

Only from within on wings unfold.

Can you fly now toward the skies

With lightness of a feather?

Are you able to see the stars,

Even through the fouling weather?

If you can, you have found.

That the gift of love is not away.

Simpily put it is there all along,

A dream, a wish, a star to make your day.

Love yourself, for who you are

Never let go and search afar.

Tenderness is there within you,

Never alone it sings in your heart,

Listen closely, as it is true

Just my thoughts of love at the moment. I use to have someone, use to have several someone's. I even have fallen once more with someone, and I haven't seen her in over 20 years. Love sure is a crazy thing sometimes.

Love yah bunches,

Melissa

Guest Penelope

Huge subject: an enormous proportion of world literature tries to describe it's various manifestations.

I fear the only relevant reality for you will be you own experiences. There are no rules and no consistencies.

I have fallen in love on sight with someone I did not know at all. Love once stealthily entered one of my friendships; and could not be taken further. I have had relationships where, I now believe, love was totally absent; although there was kindness and courtesy. I have also learned to love by adapting to and caring for someone over time. Of all these I trust the latter most; but that's just me.

Look with your heart and be prepared for it to be battered at times. ;)

Penelope xx

I wish I could answer that, but I don't know what love even IS D8 much less want to find it. But I will write about it, so if you understand it, please tell me it's secrets XD!!

Guest N. Jane

I thought I knew what love was, once, a long time ago, until I met the great love of my life. We both knew it the instant it happened, from 150 feet away before we had even met. It was already there, fully developed and waiting for the light. Unfortunately illness and death gave us only 3 years.

Many years went by and I had no interest in "love" - how could I? After finding once 'the love that transcends all', how could I be so greedy as to look for it again?

And then I met a man who's honesty, openness, kindness, and beautiful spirit left me feeling that I was in trouble, that this was someone I could really fall for. It was only a few days before I had fallen again. Fortunately he was already there - he said he knew from the beginning that I was the one for him. That was only a few short weeks ago and our lives are converging rapidly. This is quite likely the 'forever after' love of my life.

So where does your heart go,

When you seem all alone?

Who is there to hold you,

When you are out on your own?

Have you sailed into the blue,

Past many island lands?

Only to find on board,

There’s no one to hold your hand?

Can you look within yourself,

And find a nurturing spark?

Someone to help hold the flame,

And guide you out of the dark?

A gentle voice, a caring touch

A gift of love for you to hold,

Not from them or without,

Only from within on wings unfold.

Can you fly now toward the skies

With lightness of a feather?

Are you able to see the stars,

Even through the fouling weather?

If you can, you have found.

That the gift of love is not away.

Simpily put it is there all along,

A dream, a wish, a star to make your day.

Love yourself, for who you are

Never let go and search afar.

Tenderness is there within you,

Never alone it sings in your heart,

Listen closely, as it is true

Just my thoughts of love at the moment. I use to have someone, use to have several someone's. I even have fallen once more with someone, and I haven't seen her in over 20 years. Love sure is a crazy thing sometimes.

Love yah bunches,

Melissa

Oh my, Melissa, what a lovely poem . Thank you so much,,,viv :)

Guest Chandra

Dear Ella,

I think love is life's sweetest gift. It can be a super magical feeling beyond your wildest expectations, here it comes BUT

beware, of the dark side.

I do not personally believe you can fall in love instantly, with out ever being with that person. True love takes interaction and time to develop. You have to feel that you click with that person so naturally you think it is some kind of telepathy.

You will know that you are in love Ella when. 1. You are so happy you can not stop thinking about that person no matter

2. You think every love song you here on the radio is about you.

3. You always want be be with that person

4. You would die for that person without hesitation

Ella there is nothing more complex in the universe that human relationships and love, it is unanswerable.

Now about the dark side young skywalker, LOL

When you are in love you go out on a limb with them, you make your self vulnerable to to them, you have to to be in love.

so if it ever ends you will feel despair like you never have before. And it lasts a long time and you suffer greatly. But there is hope it is called TIME.

Time will deaden any emotion, whether good or bad if you can hang on and let it run it's course

I hope this has been some help to you dear Ella.

LOVE Chandra

Guest SillyElla

Thank you all, so much, for all the replies and answers! ^.^

I already said this in another post, but... I fell in love with somebody yesterday! This is probably the most amazing feeling I have ever felt... and I was so worried... thinking it was just me who felt this way... but it turns out, she feels the same way! ^.^

Guest Donna Jean
Thank you all, so much, for all the replies and answers! ^.^

I already said this in another post, but... I fell in love with somebody yesterday! This is probably the most amazing feeling I have ever felt... and I was so worried... thinking it was just me who felt this way... but it turns out, she feels the same way! ^.^

*Dee Jay rests her head in her hands, looks wistfully at the sky and flutters her eyes....*

*sigh*

Donna Jean

Guest Chandra

Dear Ella,

I truly am very happy for you. Being head over heels in love are some of the best feelings you will ever have.

Try to hold on to the passion as long as you can. this is the key to make it last.

I hope this super wonderful magic lasts for a long long time.

Do you not agree now, dear Ella that love is life's sweetest gift

Hope you both are spinning in circles.

Love, Chandra

Guest SillyElla
Dear Ella,

Do you not agree now, dear Ella that love is life's sweetest gift

Yes, I absolutely agree! But it also leaves me feeling scared because I do not know what is going to happen next. D:

I know that feeling but the hardest one to describe is when you suddenly fall in love with someone that you have known for so long and thought that you would always be friends, just friends and then it instantly becomes something so special.

Someday maybe a real romance but for now - love is fantastic.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Chandra

Hello again Ella,

And hello Sally, so glad you jumped in.

Donna Jean was right, Ella you have opened up a can of worms

You have attracted the chief guru of love ,Sally

Ok first you Ella.

This is perfectly normal Ella, no one knows what will happen next with relationships. Do you really want to know. Would knowing what happens next take some of the magic away.

Yes it most certainly would. Love is spontaneous and ever changing and your feeling of not knowing is part of the recipe, one

of the ingredients that must be there or love could'nt exist.

Think of it this way Ella, if you knew exactally what was going to happen would it be any fun ?

As I said earlier, there is nothing, and I mean nothing more complex than human relationships and love. The universe would be easier to explain, you feeling this way does tell that you are in love.

So embrace it with all your heart, dear Ella and enjoy every second of the magic. Both of you must flow together like water in a river, over the falls and turbulence, through the unknown, through the calm times, before you will reach your final destiny.

Dear Sally my admiration and respect for your wisdom transcends any words, but what you described happened to me.

But mine was bad, part of the dark side of love.

Some how a while ago, a good friendship, did exactly what you said.

I never dreamed this could happen, did'nt want it happen, wish it never happened, still can't believe it happened, knew it was wrong.

But love struck like a ton of bricks

And here we go, felt head overheels in love, can't stop thinking about her, want to always be with her, felt every love song heard was about us, would die right now for her right now but OMG I'm married.

Nothing physical ever happened, HONESTLY

My wife knew all of this, how could she not, and I almost lost her. But you know what, it somehow made us stronger.

I still suffered greatly but learned much from it. This was my first lost love.

I learned all the signs needed to never let this happen again.

And your correct Sally this feeling was hard to describe. Hope yours is better.

Best Wishes, Ella and Sally, Love Chandra