• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I'm A New Member

Guest Jess

My name is Jessica just a regular born female with kids and a hubby. Very generic.

I researched then joined this site because I have a dear friend who is pre-op transexual. She is really going through a rough time of it recently. I want to help her. Not change her, help her. She doesn't dress up anymore, cries easily is having awful medical side effects from her hormone therapy. I have seriously begun to fear for Paula's emotional as well as physical well being. I'm seeking understanding and knowledge. True friends are rare and wonderful. I might commit alot of faux pas, might get chicken, might even get imtimidated but if anyone on this site helps me to help Paula it will be worth it.

with respect, Jessica P.

• Root Admin

Hello Jessica,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. Is your friend a member here? If not, could you persuade her to join? IF she could see what her peers are going through, it might be a big help for her.

If your friend is having medical side effects from her hormone therapy, she should see her doctor. Her hormone regimen may have to be readjusted. A psychiatrist might also be in order for her depression.

You are a very special person for wanting to help your friend. God bless you, hon.

MaryEllen :)

• Admin

Welcome to the Playground, Jess.

I totally agree with MaryEllen, you are indeed special for wanting to help your friend enough to join here. You have a big heart, and Paula has a

wonderful friend.

The Spouses and Significant Others Forum might be a good place to start looking for good ideas on how to help her. You can, of course, post

questions or comments in any forum. The members will try their best to answer any question you have.

There is also a moderated chat session on Sunday and Monday night (EST) for the same groups.

Please encourage Paula to join. We would love to have her here. She can benefit greatly and find friends here.

Also, please take a few moments to read the Forum rules. There is a link at the top of most pages. Thanks, hon.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Welcome Jessica,

My name is Paula too, though not the Paula you know, i hope Paula is under a doctors care for her hormones and is seeing a therapist, hormones are nothing to fool around with, if she has a doctor she need to contact them, if she has a therapist she needs to talk to them asap, if she does not have one she needs to find one. Depression has a way of spiraling out of control.

You are a good friend, and you noticed a problem, there are many that do not have that support, and support is important to a successful transition.

See if she will join here, there are lots of us that are going through transition and can help.

Paula

Paula

Guest sarah f

Welcome to Laura's Jess. You are a wonderful friend to try and find some help for her. I agree with the others that maybe you can have here come to the site so that we can try to help her out. Without really knowing what the issues are with your friend it is hard to say what you can do to help. Keep on posting if you have anymore questions and we will try to help.

Love,

Sarah F

Guest snow white

Hi Jessica,

<<hug>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have Friends of transgendered meetings Thurs 9pm est and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna