• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Apple Magic Mouse

Guest NatalieRene

Guest NatalieRene

WOW!

I just got a magic mouse from my boss to go with my work MacBook and wireless bluetooth keyboard. It is amazing. It's so much better then their last mouse which was more annoying then anything else because the scroll wheel was terrible. The slightest bit of dust would make it stop working. But now the mouse is like the glass trackpad on the new Mac laptops. There are no buttons or scroll wheels to get jammed. It's like back in the old days where the mac mouse was one button but now it can tell by placement on the mouse if you right or left clicked. The coolest thing is the entire mouse is the scroll wheel, you just slide your finger up and down on it. I :wub: it.

Has anyone else had the chance to try it out yet?

No, sadly on my PCs I am using the least expensive mouse that I can get by with - optical, scroll but wired.

I wish I had something better.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest April63

I have a wired and a wireless mouse, and while there are a few times where I enjoy the wireless part, honestly, I prefer the wired ones. Less of a hassle--no batteries to replace.

And Apple... nooo... stick with the PC

Guest NatalieRene
I have a wired and a wireless mouse, and while there are a few times where I enjoy the wireless part, honestly, I prefer the wired ones. Less of a hassle--no batteries to replace.

And Apple... nooo... stick with the PC

It's a work machine and work provides the batteries. :D I like that it has the minimal amount of moving parts to break or get stuck.

I like the simplicity of the Mac and the fact that I never have to muck around with it to get the job done. The PC has it's uses too but day to day I prefer my Mac.

I like the simplicity of the Mac and the fact that I never have to muck around with it to get the job done. The PC has it's uses too but day to day I prefer my Mac.

My dad swears by macs, and I'm rather the opposite.

I like how every time I go home and try to do anything on my dads computer, it hangs up for 2 minutes and the cursor becomes that weird rainbow circle. I like how my dad spent almost 2,000 dollars on something that he uses just to check his email when he could have bought a PC for 3-400 dollars that would perform better than what he is using. I like how unless the mac is running a windows OS, the only games you can play on it are... nothing. I like how because they have such a strong commercial campaign and employ the amazing Justin Long they are considered "cool", even though the "facts" they use are either misrepresentations or outright lies. I like how they claim that you can't get viruses on a mac, but the mac-defender will not add that the only reason is that nobody will write viruses for macs. Why write a virus that targets less than 10% of the computer population?

Not that I'm really all that opinionated... :P

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, Natalie ........

No Mac for me, but I do use a wireless optical mouse with scroll and I absoutely LOVE it!

It's all I will use anymore...the batteries do seem to conk out at the worst possible times, but I still prefer it!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

I am stuck in a weird position - I am a photographer and it is well known that Mac has far superior graphic capabilities as compared to PC - but being a photographer is why I am forced to stay with PC.

That doesn't make any sense does it?

Yes it does - all of the Internet uploading of images and album orders are PC based and not Mac compatible - more software for PCs and that is the problem.

We so often sacrifice true quality for convenience - back in the VCR days we had Beta and VHS - Beta was the better picture but VHS had a better length for its tapes - 6 hours instead of 5 1/2 - why did that matter - 1 tape on Beta, 2 movies and some space - VHS three movies - end of discussion, we went for the convenience and let the quality slide.

Macs crash less but if we were to get enough of them on the market they would become targets of the virus and worm idiots and then they would lose that claim.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest NatalieRene

It's funny how topics don't always go the way that was expected of them. I hadn't intended to make this topic a PC Vs Mac topic. I think the magic mouse works on PCs too. I'll check this weekend over at my cousin's place because they have bluetooth in two of their dell laptops.

I have PCs too and I'm not slamming them. I'm not going to say one is better then the other. My personal preference is Apple for laptops because of their simplicity and that they just work but that's because I don't have to pay for my laptops. I get mine from work. If I have to go and make a presentation I don't want to have to worry about if this will be the one moment where the PC laptop decides to force me to reinstall a driver or in some way spaces out. I like the cheaply available raw performance of building my own desktop in the PC market so I don't think I would ever buy a apple desktop. It isn't a big deal if the desktop spaces out no and then because I don't have to worry about time sensitive tasks with it and I just want raw speed for as little money as possible. I could never move completely away from the PC world because I deal with .Net, AMX, and Crestron at work and my 3D modeling tools I use are not available for Apple computers.

I just like how nice the new magic mouse is even if I think the name is completely stupid. LOL

Guest NatalieRene
My dad swears by macs, and I'm rather the opposite.

I like how every time I go home and try to do anything on my dads computer, it hangs up for 2 minutes and the cursor becomes that weird rainbow circle. I like how my dad spent almost 2,000 dollars on something that he uses just to check his email when he could have bought a PC for 3-400 dollars that would perform better than what he is using. I like how unless the mac is running a windows OS, the only games you can play on it are... nothing. I like how because they have such a strong commercial campaign and employ the amazing Justin Long they are considered "cool", even though the "facts" they use are either misrepresentations or outright lies. I like how they claim that you can't get viruses on a mac, but the mac-defender will not add that the only reason is that nobody will write viruses for macs. Why write a virus that targets less than 10% of the computer population?

Not that I'm really all that opinionated... :P

I don't get viruses on my desktop and I don't load it up with a resource consuming security system. I let my router act as the hardware firewall and use common sense to keep my system clean. If anything happens I have backup images of my hard drive for my desktop so I can just reload the system drive in 15 minutes and not need to worry about hunting down the problem and fixing it.

I don't play very many other games but the ones I do seem to work just fine on OSX. I can play the Sims 3, Spore, WoW, Diablo 2 and the upcoming Diablo 3.

I will agree the apple commercials are way too smug for my taste and I dislike them but the windows commercials while taking the higher path tend to be boring too.

I like Windows 7 a lot but the task bar changes just make it act like the OSX dock. So while OSX borrowed from the Windows task bar idea and built upon it windows 7 borrowed back and built on top of it again with the awesome preview of the documents and recent documents of the program when you mouse over or click the icon.

I guess what I'm saying is I like them both.

Guest NatalieRene
so can you scroll while still holding the mouse?

Yeah you just drag your finger up or down just as if you where going to click. :D It's almost like a trackball the way it operates for scrolling.