• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Getting Bolder Or Dumber?

Sally

Well this morning as I sat here typing a response or two I hear the garbage trucks on my street.

I had all of mine in the garage ready to go out but i forgot to do it last night.

I had been feeling bad at work so I came home and put on a very nice outfit and feel asleep in my chair - I woke up this morning and talked to Lizzy on Skype and PMed with Donna Jean and Becky and posted a few things so on hearing the trucks I jumped up and started for the garage - Bad idea!

I suddenly remembered that my neighbors don't know - so I went into the bedroom and took off my skirt to get ready to try to catch the garbagemen (that sounded so much better in my head - finish the sentence Sally!) - I pulled on a pair of pants (there!) and my blue terrycloth bathrobe (they sort of look neutral) which I held tightly so as not to show my dusty rose tank top and necklaces - I had overlooked the fact that I was wearing three bangle bracelets on one arm and a rather elegant ladies gold watch.

Maybe I am getting more like Donna Jean and defying them to notice.

I have also noticed that at work where I am presenting male that I am no longer even trying to keep any of my male mannerisms - I am just me and yet they don't seem to notice.

How far can I push the envelop before someone finally goes, "Ah-Ha!"

You just cannot keep a good woman down.

So aside from pointing to refrigerators like Vanna White I have a few other things that are sneaking across into 'his' space - how about you - having trouble keeping male male or female female - what are you doing that is 'blurring the line'?

Love ya,

Sally

Guest NatalieRene

I love how you have such a humorous way of telling a story. :)

I prefer to think of it as part of the transition. They slowly get used to the changes without knowing they are getting used to the changes so that when you tell them they are like ok great your a woman whats on the agenda today. :D

Guest Donna Jean
Maybe I am getting more like Donna Jean and defying them to notice.

How far can I push the envelop before someone finally goes, "Ah-Ha!"

You just cannot keep a good woman down.

Love ya,

Sally

Yeah, what's with that?

My therapist says that I have a secret wish to be outed and be over with it...but, it's not working...

Way back a year and a half ago...

Started wearing girl jeans..

Then I kicked it up a notch and wear 4 rings on my hands...

Then a bracelet...

Then a necklace...

Then an ankle bracelet outside my sock for all to see...

Then perfume...(I smell cookies!)

Then Girl tops and sweaters and after one year HRT the "girls" plainly show...

I've been ma'am'd at the front counter (Construction industry) In front of my co-workers...

I dunno.....

I may have to take drastic measures soon....

Nobody seems to be noticing me "accidently".....

Dang..............

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K

We still present 'male' at work,

I gave it up - the stress - about two weeks ago when I realized I have always been a woman. Everyone already knows me as what I am, just some haven't arranged it correctly in their head - HEY, she's a girl! So I really don't pay the attention to detail, the intense playacting male, that I once did. I am not flamboyant as a woman so its a subtle thing. Nail polish at work, for example, may be too radical, but my nails are long and polished, and have a dull coat on to keep them from being super noticable. Still I have pointed out things in meetings, my hands are not exactly masculine. But no one notices! Or if they do they don't care. Its also I tell everyone I am an artist! I also say I am Native American Indian (well actually just one quarter) and that explains no beard, long hair, high cheekbones and the jewelry?

They read me as I am I guess through their own filter. So if they 'sir' or 'ma'am' or just 'hey you!" thats okay. It is what it is. Being age 62 helps too.

Getting bolder like Sally and Dee Jay? - maybe. But I think we are just getting comfortable in our own skins - FINALLY - after 60 years.

I still need to explain away the lipstick mini-skirt , heels and fishnet stockings.... hummmmmmm (kidding - bold but not stupid!)

WHOA

Took a long time to get here.

Lizzy

Guest Wendae

I go out all the time with 3 sets of earings, up to 4 bracelets and as many as 14 rings, and Hard as Nails polish on toes and fingers. I wear slides on my feet except on really cold days. Add a gold cross necklace some times. In the summer add 2 ankle bracelets and numerous toe rings. Never got a comment from family, friends, old co-workers or any one. Think I'll shave my legs next. I've noticed many men on the links with hairless legs. My outer clothes are masculine (for now). I try to present my self as someone you don't want to mess with. When I do get the oppertunity to get out dressed I present differently.

I am getting more forgetful as time goes on and probably will shock my neighbors or family one day. B)

• Admin

Yup, I have to present totally male for now. But...

I've been wearing ladies ankle boots for nearly a year. I get compliments sometimes, but no one seems

to notice that they have buckles that, um, aren't usually on mens boots.

I wear silk turtle neck sweaters on casual Friday's, or even with a suit. Compliments again!!

I wear clear or nearly clear nail polish every day, and grow my nails out as far as I dare.

I sit like a lady almost all the time now.

I've started changing the tone of my voice to a more gender neutral one.

If the finasteride actually does something for my bald spot, I plan on growing my hair out later this year.

Carolyn Marie

At home yes , I am a little adventurous -perfume, jeans, shoes, watch , a little jewelery .

In work , nope, homophobic monkeys,,,,,stuck with 3 of em. In my head ,,yep , Im a

dame ,,,my day will come when I run past that "blurred line" Sally , my day will come

Hand in hand with all my sisters and brothers here . luv,viv :)

Guest ~Brenda~

For me,

I always wear short sleeved shirts to work. I have clean shaven arms, and I wear bracelettes :)

Always smelling sweet, with very feminine shoes with ankle socks.

That is my work attire.

In the everyday (at work for example) I present as a combination of male/female. I actually just present me. That is why I feel so comfortable. I don't really worry anymore about expressing my feminity at work.

:)

Brenda

Guest Natalie92

99% of the time I present male. BUT, my toes are painted, my legs, arms, underarms, and chest are all totally shaven and when I don't oversleep I wear foundation, lipgloss, and mascara. (My dad almost outed me when he noticed I was wearing foundation, but I vehemently denied that I was wearing any makeup and he dropped the subject.

Natalie

Guest Janessa

I'm not out yet so I haven't really done much. However, I do have a bad habit of calling my friends a name thats gender is opposite of theirs(such as calling a girl Steven, or something) whenever they call me mister, boy, or my real name instead of my nickname... XD

For a long time before i came out to everyone on my bowling leagues i did my baby step approach, starting slow with just woman's jeans, then added woman's cross trainers, watch, necklace and clear nail polish, wearing all this and nobody noticed, or at least they said they did not notice anything, in reality i wanted everyone to notice, it was when i added mascara, eyeliner and a woman's top that people really took notice, and even then only a couple people said anything.

i believe allot of people do notice things but because they know us most i think are afraid to say anything as to not offend, but there is there is probably allot of talk behind our backs that we do not know about.

In my case i believe most were accepting because they did see the changes over time, even if the say otherwise and when i did come out it was like it is about time, but then again i could be totally wrong and nobody noticed anything and this was a total surprise to them.

Paula

Guest Katrina Reann

I also live the double life. Aside from not owning a stitch of male underwear and always wearing panties and a cami or a bra under my male attire I don't really blur the line. My problem is in actually drawing the line and start living as a woman. No I don't have a GT, no I am not on HRT, Yes my family and those who matter know, and I am ticked off at society. Everyone else can walk out their front doors and be who they are, we should have that right as well.....(hmmmm ...goofy ideas)..buy a can of mace to use on those who ridicule. buy panties that say kiss my a*! on the back side for the whistler's and gaukers and let the wind lift my skirt when I am bent over...and for the name callers I'll be sure to wear stiletto heels and as I am sticking the heel in a place the sun don't shine I'll be shouting whose the perv^$@ now!!!. Or maybe just buy them a can a life that will give them all a scent of what life is because they obviously don't have a life or know what it is....All joking aside where do we draw a line and say enough, or start living as our true gender?

In closing I'll just say this, for those who commit violent acts against us should be sent in for immediate SRS and breast enhancement or removal and be required to live out their lives as the opposite gender and the victim should be able to choose their very first outfit. Now wouldn't that be fun....rofl...you may now let your mind wander into the outrageously funny possibilities.....

Guest Amanda joan
I also live the double life. Aside from not owning a stitch of male underwear and always wearing panties and a cami or a bra under my male attire I don't really blur the line. My problem is in actually drawing the line and start living as a woman. No I don't have a GT, no I am not on HRT, Yes my family and those who matter know, and I am ticked off at society. Everyone else can walk out their front doors and be who they are, we should have that right as well.....(hmmmm ...goofy ideas)..buy a can of mace to use on those who ridicule. buy panties that say kiss my a*! on the back side for the whistler's and gaukers and let the wind lift my skirt when I am bent over...and for the name callers I'll be sure to wear stiletto heels and as I am sticking the heel in a place the sun don't shine I'll be shouting whose the perv^$@ now!!!. Or maybe just buy them a can a life that will give them all a scent of what life is because they obviously don't have a life or know what it is....All joking aside where do we draw a line and say enough, or start living as our true gender?

In closing I'll just say this, for those who commit violent acts against us should be sent in for immediate SRS and breast enhancement or removal and be required to live out their lives as the opposite gender and the victim should be able to choose their very first outfit. Now wouldn't that be fun....rofl...you may now let your mind wander into the outrageously funny possibilities.....

Katrina,

I have had that same thought. I routinely challenge the world around me to notice that I am here and a part of their world. I get startes sometimes and I have convinced myself that it is because I am so pretty and well dressed. Speaking of which I have stopped trying to look like a sexy party girl and people seem to have an easier time accepting me this way.

I live my life 1/2 & 1/2. I have had many adventures at gay bars and have resently been dinning out allot and I have not had any problems at all. When I'm with Bill my boy-toy who is 6 foot 5 inches I don't think anyone would dare say anything. I have gotten my ears pierced in the last two weeks and I am loving it. I have had only two co-workers say anything about it. When I told one of my female co-workers that I was trans she offered me a catalog that she is promoting to make extra money. It was for undergarments, money talks girls. I have not worn a tie in months to work. I sometimes wear womans sweaters and pants to work Last week at Church I went full femine clothing except my shoes and one of the ladies said I looked like a figure skater. I will take that as a compliment :D

I have a plan to slowly educate the people around me as I begin to present more and more in a femine way. I disagree that just throwing the swicth one day is the best way to do this. So I am using myself as a guineypig for my theary. I plan to present my idea to the HR Manager in my office and ask for her help in educationing my co-workers all 100 plus of them. I will have to work hard to get to know them all and slowly move over the next year in front of them all into a more feminine look and then I will go 100% femine next year and give up this insane male act I have been performing for the last 40 plus years.

Sally I had a similar thing happen to me when I was 14 but, I answered the door dressed as a girl and signed for a package from the UPS man. The really funning thing about this was what was in the box. It was for my Mom but, I opened it any way and it was a new bra that she had ordered from a catalog. :rolleyes: It was too big for me but, I had to try it on any way.

I am enjoying my new life today and what ever challenge comes my way I will comfront it head on.

Peace & Love Amanda