• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My "thinking" As An Sober Acoholic.

Guest Robin/bobbi

Guest Robin/bobbi

Thank God for AA speaker tapes. These tapes are available at your Intergroup Office or Central Service Office Or through private distributors. Like Dicobe or Glen K.

I listen to these tape regularly. They have help me deal with coming out, ex-wife, emotions and Living the Sober Life. I was able to listen to them this weekend driving to and from work.

I got twisted up today because of my Self Centerness. Something that i heard on one of the AA Speaker Tapes got me out of self.

I was already upset that my Eldest was suspended from school. Was trying to figure out what to do about it. (as If i had a clue ). I like fixing thing when I am uncomfortable. That always get me in trouble.

So when the next thing happened i was off the beam. I get home from work and i found out that the mother of my children did not bring him to baseball sign-up and today was the make up day. She said "I forgot".. That P/O me because I'm the Alcoholic and what is her excuse.

Instantly my mind went into this is not fair and all that poor me stuff.

Something that i heard on the AA speaker tape yank me out of my morbid thinking. Something to do about being a grown-up parent. Self-centerness and it is not all about me. It is uncomfortabe doing the right thing.

Anyway i realize that i was powerless and i just accepted the fact that he is not going to be in baseball and i should not hold a resentment against the X because she forgot. I wanted to but that got uncomfortable.

I took a shower and got my kids. The thought cross my mind that they might still be at the place for baseball registration. After the Drama of picking them up Lo and behold they were. My boy is signed up for baseball and it hurt reaching into my own pocket like an adult and pay the registration fee _(@

So it was a good day because of the program and i did not have to yell at my son for being suspended or spank him.

I am an Alcoholic and My thinking is off. I'm prone to Resentment, Fears and Self delusions.

I'm thankful for those AA Speaker Tapes when I am all Alone with myself!

• 4 months later...
Guest Rachael92
Thank God for AA speaker tapes. These tapes are available at your Intergroup Office or Central Service Office Or through private distributors. Like Dicobe or Glen K.

I listen to these tape regularly. They have help me deal with coming out, ex-wife, emotions and Living the Sober Life. I was able to listen to them this weekend driving to and from work.

I got twisted up today because of my Self Centerness. Something that i heard on one of the AA Speaker Tapes got me out of self.

I was already upset that my Eldest was suspended from school. Was trying to figure out what to do about it. (as If i had a clue ). I like fixing thing when I am uncomfortable. That always get me in trouble.

So when the next thing happened i was off the beam. I get home from work and i found out that the mother of my children did not bring him to baseball sign-up and today was the make up day. She said "I forgot".. That P/O me because I'm the Alcoholic and what is her excuse.

Instantly my mind went into this is not fair and all that poor me stuff.

Something that i heard on the AA speaker tape yank me out of my morbid thinking. Something to do about being a grown-up parent. Self-centerness and it is not all about me. It is uncomfortabe doing the right thing.

Anyway i realize that i was powerless and i just accepted the fact that he is not going to be in baseball and i should not hold a resentment against the X because she forgot. I wanted to but that got uncomfortable.

I took a shower and got my kids. The thought cross my mind that they might still be at the place for baseball registration. After the Drama of picking them up Lo and behold they were. My boy is signed up for baseball and it hurt reaching into my own pocket like an adult and pay the registration fee _(@

So it was a good day because of the program and i did not have to yell at my son for being suspended or spank him.

I am an Alcoholic and My thinking is off. I'm prone to Resentment, Fears and Self delusions.

I'm thankful for those AA Speaker Tapes when I am all Alone with myself!

Guest Rachael92

The tapes can be of a great help to me to,especially when I am wraped up in my ism and yeah resentment can quickly set in but today at least I know that I am the problem :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
Guest Anna_SF

you can listen to a lot of AA speaker tapes via iTunes Podcasts. They have over 100 for free. most are about an hour. There are 8 or so of Bill W. A few from the 50's/60's/70's and quite a few from the 90's and on. I listen to them when I wake up in the middle of the night and cannot get to sleep. Great Resource!

Good ones:

Silas P. of San Francisco

Earl H of Studio City - "My life was burned to the ground!"

Bill W.