• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ovens,,,bahhhhh.

Guest viv

Hi Ladies,

Ohhhh, just spent an hour and a half cleaning my oven .

So, spray in the stuff they swear will have your oven like new ,leave

for half an hour , wipe off , AND THE FREAKIN OVEN IS STILL DIRTY .

I relent and get the abrasive pads out and start scrubbin . Elbow

grease !!!!only way to clean ovens imo . Anyways , got to thinking ,,,

what jobs/chores around the house is your least favorite ??????

What do you hate ???? any fun answers would make my weekend

girls ,,,viv. :)

Guest Donna Jean
Hi Ladies,

Ohhhh, just spent an hour and a half cleaning my oven .

So, spray in the stuff they swear will have your oven like new ,leave

for half an hour , wipe off , AND THE FREAKIN OVEN IS STILL DIRTY .

I relent and get the abrasive pads out and start scrubbin . Elbow

grease !!!!only way to clean ovens imo . Anyways , got to thinking ,,,

what jobs/chores around the house is your least favorite ??????

What do you hate ???? any fun answers would make my weekend

girls ,,,viv. :)

Well, Viv......

Be sure to wear your funky apron for that job....

Around the house, my least favorite job is cleaning the dust bunnies out from under the bed....

So..........

We get a hot dog and break it in half and each of us stand on either side of the bed...

Then, we spray the dog with "End Dust" and use the hot dog to coax the dog back and forth under the bed....

To finish...we vacuum the dog.....

TA DA!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Well first off, I could sell you a self cleaning oven, we now have electrics that have hidden baking coils so you have no trouble wiping out the ash - we'll talk I think that delivery would be rather expensive but I could bring it personally, if you pay the way!

It was Phyllis Diller who said about housework, "It never ends! You change the sheets and six months later you have to do it again!"

She also said that you could off of her kitchen floor - why not there's some ketchup, mustard....

Let me see I dislike doing dishes - with or without the dishwasher, gathering up the trash, vacuuming, dusting, making beds, laundry (not too bad), ironing (what's that?), any kind of yard work (allergies) and I do not do windows!

I love to cook if someone else will clean up.

DANG!

I pretty much blew my chances with anyone who reads this site!

I am a woman that does not mean I am Susie Homemaker.

Love ya,

Sally Domestic Goddess (I need many worshipers to do all of that work)

Guest Katrina Reann

Dishes!!! I absolutely hate washing dishes...So we use plastic forks and paper plates to help, plastic cups on the cold stuff, and I am thinking of making a pot and pan out of aluminum foil.

Cleaning the bathroom... and my wife wonders why I sit instead of stand when I am pee'ing.

Dusting in general..Buying a really high powered hand held fan to cure that problem.

I haven't figured a way around the vacuuming yet cause I am not a sucker kind of gal!!!

Sweeping and mopping I pay the little kid across the hall 5 dollars to do.

Taking out the garbage, that was an easy one, I moved the apartments garbage dumpster closer and can now make a basket from 20 feet away.

And I have put peel away shields on all the windows and TV screens, monitors, ect so when they are dirty I just peel and throw away.

Finally, Laundry? What Laundry I am now a nudist.

Guest Elizabeth K

UGGGGGH

Nasty stuff - we have a septic tank, not on city sewer services. It RAINS here and the ground gets saturated. The septic tank tends to sorta - you know - back up?

And the paper used gets clogged in it - keeping the flushing from working? YUCK

So I have a plunger at each toilet location- and when it happens guess who gets to try to clear the clog. Guess what I have to push that plunger through! And when it finally gargles and lets go, sometimes it sprays a bit into the air - all over my legs!

THAT is the worstest.

Well that and the cat litter box! The cat's nickname is 'Pooter"

OR WHEN A RING OR EARRING SLITTERS DOWN THE SINK - AND I HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE P-TRAP! Where does all that hair come from???

Or changing out the air conditioner filters when the have a million years worth of dust and allergens in them! 'CHEW - aaaaah "chew

Or defrosting the 'frostless' Kenmore refrigerator (sorry Sally).

And where do you put that bacon grease? I pour it in a paper bowl and feed it to the wild squirrils

WHY ME? I ask my wife! She says its in the marriage license (fine print).

LIZZY

Finally, Laundry? What Laundry I am now a nudist.

That brings up a whole new area of questions about passing! :blush:

Or defrosting the 'frostless' Kenmore refrigerator (sorry Sally).

Not a problem, just read the label a little closer - you have a Kenless FreeFrost rather than the more expensive and much more popular Kenmore FrostFree refrigerator.

Always find a sales person that you can trust - look for someone trans! :D

Hanging up the laundry - I used to take it out of the drier and toss it in a pile on our bed then my wife would fold it or hang it up - now it is on MY bed and if I don't fold it or hang it up or something I sleep in the chair - HEY! I just had an idea of what to do with the laundry!

Cleaning out the fireplace!

Oh, if I could ever do that without getting any on the tan carpet - whose idea was that any.....I just remembered - never mind.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Oh, yeah.......

And, polishing the doorknobs...

I absolutely hate polishing the doorknobs!

There's finger prints all over them!

Donna Jean

Another chore I dont enjoy these days is grocery shopping . Since

being diagnosed with Diabetes I got to walk by the **yummy**

food and straight on to Donna Jean"s wabbit food (stet) LOL.

Still,,,chewing a carrot while doing my ironing has its good points,,

eh :blink: ,,,,,I just aint found em yet . viv, :)

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

I would have to say cleaning the oven. The fumes are horrible and yes, after a few tries you just give up, take the door off, sit down and start scrubbing/scraping. (watch out for the oven light though, that thing gets really hot!). Dusting I don't mind, pop in some good music and go to it.

Or if you want to be stereotypical 50s, put on a good shirt dress and low heels, put on some 50s shows and flutter around with feather duster in hand.

But I prefer my way...

Guest NatashaJade

I really hate cleaning up after the dogs (2) and cats (4). I feel like the elephant keeper at the zoo with the amount of ick that my loving pets leave behind. And don't get me started on the hair a beautiful Collie loves to share...

I'll take a dirty old oven any day ;)

luv

Gin

Washing the dishes when the sink's mostly clogged.

I live in a residence hall, so we're not permitted to actually fix the sink. Instead, we have to file a work ticket and wait a week for the maintenance people to come and do what could have taken a half hour at the outside.

Changing the lightbulbs are almost equally vexing. If I knew where to get the strange-shaped fluorescent bulbs they use, and I knew they wouldn't charge me $160 for tinkering with the light, I'd do it myself. Same story with the work ticket though...grr.

Cleaning the oven? Who uses an oven? A microwave and a toaster's all you could ever need! :P

HE HE HE Pol,,,,I like that , Yeh, sometimes I do nuke my food ( soups) but I am starting

to become domesticated < ((oh, soooo sorry my feminist sisters))< and I do love to cook in

the oven .** SALLY**,,,Ahh,,,I would love to have you and the gang over to Dublin for a big Irish

shindig ,,,our parties can be ""mobile"" ,,you start in my place say Monday night ,,,by Wednesday

your at Mick"s place in Derry /two nights later and its West Cork ,,,last thing you want to be

is ring rusty Hun so get into shape ,,,,you never know !!!!!!,,,luv,viv :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 248 Guests (See full list)

• SamC
    • VickySGV
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • MaeBe
    • Carolyn Marie