• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi! Im The New Girl ;)

Guest Victoria Morgan

Guest Victoria Morgan

Hey! Hmmm where do I start?? My name is Victoria Morgan but u can call me whatever lol

I'm currently 18 and a senior in high school. I'm from texas!!! I've been cross dressing ALL my life ever since like 3 years old

I'm pretty good at looking girly except for the part of being a boy ha I want to start hormones

because the sooner the better right, but I don't feel as if its possible to do it in my parents house

See, there loving parents and the best in the world but I don't think they would like me to do that.

Anyways, I absolutely LOVE anything girly and LOVE to be girly! I love MINI-SKIRTS, BRAS, and cute SHOES! ;)

well ladies, that's me, ill load some pics later and I would love some comments

xoxo

Victoria <3

Good Morning Victoria,

What a lovely name and a very cheerful introduction.

Won't you come in and have a seat while I get you a cup of hot coco and some fresh baked cookies?

This is a moderated site so do take a moment to review the rules - there is a link at the top of each page, we keep it PG-13 and all of the meanies on the outside.

Welcome to the family, you have found the friendliest place on Earth.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Good morning, Victoria...

Welcome to the Playground..

Oh my, I wish that I were 18 again!

I think that you're gonna like it here, it's a wonderful place.

You are in a great position...first you should get a gender therapist and then you'll be on your way!

It's so nice to have you...

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest BeckyTG

Good Morning, Sweet Victoria,

Welcome to our group, we are glad you are here. We can always use another bright, cheerful girl here. (I've become the resident cheerleader, apparently). :D

You are among friends more than you may know, girlfriend. All of us girls love girly things, me especially.

Regarding your parents, I'd like to gently suggest that maybe you're making this too hard. You want to instantly go to hormones and become your parents daughter. No wonder you hesitate..... :lol:

The entire "transition" process has to go slowly and it will tend to drive you nuts.

First off, please join us girls on the Male to Female (MTF) forum.

Secondly, convince your parents that you really are feeling a lot of anxiety and would very much like to see a therapist about it "to see if I'm just a nervous teenager or if there's something that can be done to help me". What parent can say no to that? I'd have researched out therapists first and pick one out that has some experience in Gender Identity issues.

Talk to the therapist and, ideally, they should be able to help you decide what's in your head and the best way to fix it. The therapist can also help you talk to your parents if it comes to that.

Keep us posted and talk to us here often. It's great therapy for all of us.

Welcome once again,

Hugs,

Becky

Guest Victoria Morgan

Thank you for the warm welcome ladies

, I've always loved this name ever since a little kid, so I decided to make it mine ;) a gender therapist???

Hmmm, where do I get one of those lol ill be attending sam houston state university in the fall its about an hour away from houston,

can I find one there? One of the reasons I wanted to join this forum, was to find anymore girls my age to kinda help me through this, and I'm looking for a room mate for collage next year...

so maybe some ones going there I can trust, and that shares the same "hobbies" as me! Lol

Victoria <3

I am a little older than you by nearly 40 years so I will not be looking for a college roommate but I can offer you this, contact the Houston GLBT Center - they will have lists of Gender Therapists in the area and it might surprise you to find out that they offer a lot of low cost or free services - most do, it never hurts to ask.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest BeckyTG
Thank you for the warm welcome ladies

, I've always loved this name ever since a little kid, so I decided to make it mine ;) a gender therapist???

Hmmm, where do I get one of those lol ill be attending sam houston state university in the fall its about an hour away from houston,

can I find one there? One of the reasons I wanted to join this forum, was to find anymore girls my age to kinda help me through this, and I'm looking for a room mate for collage next year...

so maybe some ones going there I can trust, and that shares the same "hobbies" as me! Lol

Victoria <3

Dearest Victoria,

I just went to the home page for this site and went down the resources section and came to:

http://www.lauras-playground.com/gender_therapists.htm

A list of therapists!! A bunch of them in Texas, by the way and some in Galveston, one in Houston.

In my case, I just did a web search for "therapists, (my town)" and worked it from there. The one I worked with didn't list gender as an area of expertise, but she did list gay and lesbian issues, so I called up anyway. She did have gender experience.

I'd really want to get a therapist experienced in Gender issues. Gender Disorders are medical, not mental. True sufferers of Gender Identity Disorder can't be "cured" , but we can be very successfully treated.

Anyway, keep reading Honey, we have lots to offer here and we're all a little different, so I don't want to suggest what you are, who you are or what's appropriate for you to do, other than find an experienced professional to deal with. I was helped immensely and it didn't take long for me.

Please feel free to explore this further in the MTF forum.

Hugs,

Becky

Guest Victoria Morgan

Dear Becky,

Thank you so very much for ur love and support! I am just so excited to finally get this ball rolling after 18 long years ;) as far as transition goes, I know It will be slow and hard but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to be and look like my true-self I have a question, what's it like going full time, see its scary to me to think that u are expected to go full time without having any HRT or SRS..I would want to be on hormones for at least a year before I went "full" time.

Victoria xoxo

Guest Jasmine87

Hi Victoria, welcome! :) I'm in the same situation you are, I'm 22, actually about to graduate from University, my parents are very loving and supportive and still I'm very intimidated to tell them that I am transgendered. I looove being girly and feminine too, I've been dressing up for a long time too, since kindergarten almost, that was the first time I dressed, so maybe around age 5 or 6. But ya I think you're making the right decision coming here, everyone has been wonderful, very helpful and supportive :)

Guest Charlene_Leona

Hi Victoria

You may not have to do the real life test without hormones it all depends on what your therapist has to say. I've been full time now for three years and went full time the same day as I went on HRT. Not everyone can do that though, I'm 44 and the need to be myself was so overwhelming that I just had to. If you already do well at passing as a female you shouldn't have a problem. But I would consider going full time before going off to college because if you start school male those people will always think of you as a man first, but if you start college as a girl all they will ever know is Victoria and that will be so much easier on you. What do your parents know about your cross dressing? have you ever been caught? Or have you ever expressed yourself to them that you feel like a girl? If you have that's a start, but I would consider finding a gender therapist sooner than later so you can get the ball rolling on becoming Victoria. If you need to you may PM me for more advice and assistance, I'm here to help.

Take Care

Charlene Leona

Guest BeckyTG
Dear Becky,

Thank you so very much for ur love and support! I am just so excited to finally get this ball rolling after 18 long years ;) as far as transition goes, I know It will be slow and hard but I'm willing to do whatever it takes to be and look like my true-self I have a question, what's it like going full time, see its scary to me to think that u are expected to go full time without having any HRT or SRS..I would want to be on hormones for at least a year before I went "full" time.

Victoria xoxo

Dearest Victoria,

I went first to a therapist for a clinical diagnosis. According to acceptable standards, a minimum of 12 sessions should be spent with a therapist in order to get their recommendation letter to a Doctor for hormone therapy.

My therapist told me I was definitely suffering from Gender Identity on the first visit, told me she was ready to give me my HRT letter during my 3rd visit and I had it in my hands on the 4th visit. I told her that I'd committed to 12 visits and would finish.

She told me that I'd adapted very well and didn't need to come back after the 10th visit, but I finished and that was 2 months ago.

I had my first Dr. appointment with an Endocrinologist in December, she interviewed me and gave me a starter prescription and referred me to a General Practioner, who gave me a full physical in early January. I've now been on a full dosage of hormones only a few months and am going in for a routine check next week (at the 2 month time frame). We want to see if the levels are right or should be adjusted.

I'll be on hormones the rest of my life and it won't matter if I *ever* appear in public or not as far as the HRT goes. Every one of us is different and each has their own story to tell. It would appear the younger you can start, the better it is and the easier it is.

There are a great many of us women who are quite full time, have been for a long time who've not had SRS or any desire to do so.

I'll also say that I've been out in public a number of times and I can pass easily as long as I don't talk :P When I am out as myself, I feel completely natural and right and am not self-conscious about it. I am who I am and I'm quite proud of it.

If it were not for my marriage, career and job that I need to work on adapting into my new life, I'd be full time right now with no hesitation at all. It will take some time for me to get things lined up so I have a chance to save and preserve those things that I've spent a life time to develop. At the same time, I'm fully prepared to give up everything I've ever worked for, saved for, earned or acquired in order to live my life as the woman I truly am inside. She has awakened from her slumber and never again will be locked away.

The man I used to be will slowly and gradually fade away as she emerges and takes more and more control of what I do and who I appear to be.

I wish you the best, you are truly among friends here who can help.

Hugs,

Becky

Guest Victoria Morgan

Thanks ladies, I love my name too! It just seems to fit my personality! ;).

You said u will be on hormones the rest of ur life...is that dangerous? And do girls like me take them forever or do we stop after so many years?

Victoria <3

Guest Charlene_Leona

No hon once you have had an orchiectomy or SRS you have to be on estrogen the rest of your life. If you don't you body will leach the calcium right out of your bones.

Take Care

Charlene Leona

Guest Victoria Morgan

Wow,I didn't know that. Does that happen to woman as they go menopause so it would be like us going though our own menopause if we don't have it? Sorry I'm a curious little girl ;) ha

Victoria <3

Guest swee'pea

Hi Victoria Morgan,

<<hug>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have MTF meetings-Mon & Sat 9pm est, and Teens meetings -Sat 1pm est & Sunday 8pm est and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Guest Charlene_Leona
Wow,I didn't know that. Does that happen to woman as they go menopause so it would be like us going though our own menopause if we don't have it? Sorry I'm a curious little girl ;) ha

Victoria <3

Yes your absolutely correct without estrogen we would enter a form of menopause. I don't really care to go there so I'll keep taking my estrogen. On a side note when I started having heart problems my cardiologist wanted me to strop the estrogen but I had had my orchi exactly one month prior and I told him it was more dangerous for me to stop it than to keep taking it. Plus my state of mind has been so much better since I went on HRT, there was no way I was going back to that. I told him I would die first than give up the piece of mind estrogen gave me.

Take Care

Charlene leona

Guest Elizabeth K

Welcome

I see you have a ton of questions. Many have given you pieces of the puzzle - but it would be good to find a mentor here - someone you can PM (private message ) with. It is allowed automatically after 5 posts. Then you can have a direct Q & A session. So look around and see if you find someone you especially feel is good for you to talk with - and see what happens! Just a suggestion. I would try to find a moderator for your own protection - we are safe and here to help.

I was born in San Antonio and dated a girl at Sam Houston a million years ago - fun school - but its been a long time. Houston or Galveston is going to be your best bet for Gender Therapy - and that is really the first step. I don't know if San Houston has a progressive student health center with a regular therapist - they are confidential and may be able to set you up with a referral. And are you secure enought to enter school as a girl? Probably not. It would be kinda hard doing that and being new and all anyway. That may have to wait.

As to a room mate? if you are on campus I am not sure what policies are - but you might talk with the housing department to see if there are any 'gender-expression frendly' rooms available. If not - you can advertise on the student boards - discretely saying you are androgynous - which might find you a like minded person.

Its an interesting world out there. Make certain your educational needs come first, because you will need a good job if you should discover you have the option to transition.

And keep in touch with us - let us know how you are doing - that is very important.. Theer are a lot of college people at Laura's - and a few old gray mares like me! But we are pretty much the same and we understand what you say pretty much automatically.

Hope this helps

Lizzy

Guest Natalie92
Hey! Hmmm where do I start?? My name is Victoria Morgan but u can call me whatever lol

I'm currently 18 and a senior in high school. I'm from texas!!! I've been cross dressing ALL my life ever since like 3 years old

I'm pretty good at looking girly except for the part of being a boy ha I want to start hormones

because the sooner the better right, but I don't feel as if its possible to do it in my parents house

See, there loving parents and the best in the world but I don't think they would like me to do that.

Anyways, I absolutely LOVE anything girly and LOVE to be girly! I love MINI-SKIRTS, BRAS, and cute SHOES! ;)

well ladies, that's me, ill load some pics later and I would love some comments

xoxo

Victoria <3

Hey Victoria! I'm 18 too, and also a Senior in high school (from Virgina, but I have lived in Texas :) ). I haven't been crossdressing quite as long as you have, but other than that and our locations our stories seem to match up pretty closely. If you ever want to talk, please don't hesitate to PM me :D !

Peace & Love,

Natalie Alexis