• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Just Clearing The Air About Pming

Guest Jean Davis

Guest Jean Davis

I Have approved a post where the member thought that he/she needed permission to PM an individual.

I just wanted to remind our members that you do not need permission to PM anyone.

Please don't feel intimidated by anyone or think that you need a reason to PM someone.

Most everyone here is very nice and polite and would just love a PM from someone new.

Many of us just love to "Chew the Fat" with others. :lol:

We are all family here so if you have something to say or just want to say "Hi" please don't hesitate to reach out and say "Can You Hear Me Now?" :lol::lol::lol:

LUV

Jean

Guest Donna Jean

Absolutely right, Jean!

I've received PM's form members just saying "Hi" and I like that!

If you want to make contact with any member, just shoot them a PM..

Many friendships are made that way!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest RachaelAnn
I Have approved a post where the member thought that he/she needed permission to PM an individual.

I just wanted to remind our members that you do not need permission to PM anyone.

Please don't feel intimidated by anyone or think that you need a reason to PM someone.

Most everyone here is very nice and polite and would just love a PM from someone new.

Many of us just love to "Chew the Fat" with others. :lol:

We are all family here so if you have something to say or just want to say "Hi" please don't hesitate to reach out and say "Can You Hear Me Now?" :lol::lol::lol:

LUV

Jean

That phrase just made my day. Thank you Jean.

Rachael

Guest Elizabeth K

Rachael

Jean Davis is an angel - well mostly - do angels drink beer? I thought they ate ambrosia and stuff! hee hee

We are indeed a family and she will say that to everyone!

And Dee Jay - Avatar is an angel - but.... ummmm.... is that a bottle she is holding up? (And is she NAKKID!?!?! DANG) ... ummm Dee Jay said it right - just PM someone HELLO and that you kinda feel like they would be interesting to talk with. Breaks the ice.

After 5 posts everyone has PM priviledges! Its a great extra dimension to Laura's Playground! WOW I usually PM eight or nine times a day! You have privacy and can be more candid when you PM - of course, the rules still apply. If anyone flames or insults you - tell MaryEllen.

And that said - I am gonna go check my messages!

Lizzy

Guest insanitylives

Doesn't really change some worries about PMing people, though. I know I can but just don't bother to.

lol, this is probably why I don't make friends well, but it feels like you're just bothering the other person, they probably don't want to talk to some random stranger, who can quite easily be a creepy chaser or pedo [yes, I'm young]

Guest Donna Jean
Doesn't really change some worries about PMing people, though. I know I can but just don't bother to.

lol, this is probably why I don't make friends well, but it feels like you're just bothering the other person, they probably don't want to talk to some random stranger, who can quite easily be a creepy chaser or pedo [yes, I'm young]

Well, Honey.....

Anybody that would PM you would be a member here and have gone through a rigorous background check with Homeland Security, fingerprinted, photographed and sworn to secrecy!

I think they would be safe.....LOL

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Charlene_Leona

I would like to say to everyone here if you need to PM me for any reason please do I'm here to offer the members my support. I would say that goes for all of us moderators. Please don't ever hesitate to contact any one of us.

Take Care

Charlene Leona

Guest BeckyTG
anybody can pm me.. just so long as they don't try to imply anything from the potential reply

So, what's that supposed to mean?......................... :lol:

Becky

Guest Rukelli

Well, that's nice to know. =3 I can't PM yet (Captain Obvious hehe) and usually don't just suddenly PM someone without significant reason, mostly cause I'm afraid what they'll think and I usually take a while to respond anyway because I typically like to emotionally deal with something fully before replying. ^.^;

But perhaps I could go for, as you put, "Chewing the Fat" with someone sometime. Would love to talk with anyone. =3

Guest ~Brenda~

In Laura's chat, one has to have permission to PM another member. The protocol in chat is that one asks if they may PM that person. If permission is granted then one can PM that person. PMing a person without permission in chat is a bannable offense.

In Laura's forums, permission is not required. Only 5 posts are required before someone has PM priviledges and can PM anyone who they like.

That is why I try to post as often as I can that people have my permission to PM me. People coming from chat are used to needing permission. I try to make it clear that they have that permission.

Brenda

Guest Jean Davis
Jean Davis is an angel - well mostly - do angels drink beer? I thought they ate ambrosia and stuff! hee hee

Lizzy

Ohh that's soo sweet Lizzy. :blush: Also I don't know about the rest of the angels but us Wisconsin angels drink beer. :D

I also want to ask, does ambrosis look like a pretzel? :lol:

Just to for warn the newer members, I'm planning on PMing a couple of you just to help break the ice. ;)

You have been warned, run and hide if you can. :lol:

Muuuhahahahaha :P

LUV

Jean

• Admin
In Laura's chat, one has to have permission to PM another member. The protocol in chat is that one asks if they may PM that person. If permission is granted then one can PM that person. PMing a person without permission in chat is a bannable offense.

Brenda

Thanks for that piece of information, Brenda. I didn't know that! Explains a lot.

Carolyn Marie

Well, Honey.....

Anybody that would PM you would be a member here and have gone through a rigorous background check with Homeland Security, fingerprinted, photographed and sworn to secrecy!

I think they would be safe.....LOL

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

And on top of all that I got checked out by the Pixie Division in Co Kerry !!!!

Got my results back today ,,,,,only half nuts :blink: ,,,yay for viv. :)

And on top of all that I got checked out by the Pixie Division in Co Kerry !!!!

Got my results back today ,,,,,only half nuts :blink: ,,,yay for viv. :)

Is that by Kerry standards? :P

Guest Donna Jean

Brenda

Well.....I didn't know that!

I guess that I'd be out of chat in a heartbeat!

Donna Jean

Guest julia_d
So, what's that supposed to mean?......................... :lol:

Becky

See what I mean?

I'm brutally blunt and honest.. starting with myself and moving onwards and outwards from there.

Asking my advice directly can get a very plain and honest straight answer, so it's not advisable to fire "dumb" questions at me unless you are prepared for a pointed reply.

That's all.. nothing more to it. I'm what is similar and shared between a bridge and a wall.. think long and hard about that and maybe you will "get it" too.

A cactus is similar too.. Soft on the inside, but you have to get there first.

Guest Rukelli
Ohh that's soo sweet Lizzy. :blush: Also I don't know about the rest of the angels but us Wisconsin angels drink beer. :D

I also want to ask, does ambrosis look like a pretzel? :lol:

Just to for warn the newer members, I'm planning on PMing a couple of you just to help break the ice. ;)

You have been warned, run and hide if you can. :lol:

Muuuhahahahaha :P

LUV

Jean

Hi!~

Well I have no clue, but personally I think it could look like anything the angel wants it to. =)

And that kind of ice is always better broken, I feel. :) That's really nice.

Rukelli