• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Close Call Today

Guest TheAetherealMeadow

Guest TheAetherealMeadow

It all started when I was on the bus. A group of guys were saying a bunch of deragatory things about me right withing earshot. I pretented not to hear them as I usually do. They were also being extremely disrespectful to other people on the bus. They made sexual comments about women on the bus, out loud and within earshot. I brushed it off. When we got off the bus I saw one of them pointing at me. I had enough so I gave him the finger. (Big mistake!) He went up to me and told me that he was telling his friends to apologize to me. I apologized and said that I appreciate that he stood up for me but he said I "f***** up". When we got on the next bus he started saying all sorts of deragatory things about me. (I have trouble believing that he told his friends to apologize, seeing as he went to insult me afterwards.) When the bus reached its destination I got off and I thought I lost him. But he caught up to me and was with three other guys and what seemed to be his girlfriend. They cornered me and threatened to stab me, and then he hit me (not hard enough to hurt, but it was clearly an agressive gesture.) I was flabbergasted, because I was NOT expecting it to go this far. Thankfully since there were people around they didn't actually do anything and left me alone.

I am SO angry about this. I always hear about these types of things in the news, and I don't think it will happen to me, but it does. I'm hesitant about contacting the police, seeing as I do not know who this person is, and they will retaliate if I get them in trouble. All I know is that karma WILL get to these people. I especially can't believe how his girlfriend stood there and watched this happen. Maybe if karma does its thing, she will relaize how dangerous it is to be with a person like that and break up with him. After all, if this person threatens to stab a stranger for flipping them off, imagine what this person might do to his girlfriend if they get into a fight...

My concern is with your safety. I have had rude things said to me before. Not sure flipping them off was the right thing to do as this generally provokes and insights more than it solves. I tend to just ignore people like that and not play into their tactics.

A couple of jerks on the planet can give it a bad rap....

Stay safe

Cris

Guest Elizabeth K

DANGEROUS!

What if there had NOT been people around?

Plus he was showing off for his friends and girlfriend. That can lead to a beating and some brutal treatment.

AVOID ever confronting someone - no matter how irritating they can get. Best to always 'walk away' - never run if you can help it - but definately walk away.

We trans get assulted all the time, sometimes beaten to death, and the everyone says it was our fault for flaunting our lifestyle choice! {WE ARE BORN THIS WAY - its like beating up someone in a wheelchair!)

Karma- you know it comes back threefold (Wiccan belief). He is building up his own hell on earth. BUT don't be a victim of this.

Lizzy

Guest Donna Jean
DANGEROUS!

AVOID ever confronting someone - no matter how irritating they can get. Best to always 'walk away' - never run if you can help it - but definately walk away.

Lizzy

Lizzy is 100% correct!

NEVER, EVER get confrontational with the likes of them...Flipping someone off is a gesture that testosterone demands a reply...

If someone would of done that sort of thing to me a few years ago when I was in guy mode, I would of went after the lot of them...stupid, but the fuel running my motor would of demanded it! "T".

I'd only walk away from taunts anymore...and only defend myself as best as possible if I had to...

Probably to a bad end...I've lost 30% of my strength on "E"...

A lady cut me off in traffic on the interstate a few weeks ago...and in the old days I would of flipped her off...

I just pulled up along side her and stuck my tongue out at her!

If she made me pull over and fight her there alongside the road...I think that I could of taken her....she was about 80......

Sweetheart....avoid confrontation!

Live long and prosper!

Donna Jean

Guest Michele H

You HAVE to learn new survival habits! G girls are taught these lessons as they grow up. They learn things like travel in groups, avoid isolated areas, have your car keys in your hand before leaving the store, being aware of your suroundings and above all dont tick off those bigger than you! Those rules go double or triple for us!

If there are 4 of you and one of them - OK, a verbal lesson in manners is in order but the odds were not in your favor. You have to suck it up - then vent to your friends afterward.

I DO NOT want to have to read your name this fall on rememberance day. I don't want to read ANYbody's name! It really sucks - so help me out, please and be safe.

I had a few hours to put in at work today and the place was very empty. On my way out, a very large man (employee) (6+ 280 pds, no fat was coming in. Even though I consider where I work to be very safe - I transitioned at work with no problems - I still kept a warry eye on him until I was out of the building and he was inside. It is just instinct with me now.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Angelgrlsue

Hi Chris

Lizzy is correct, avoid confrontation as much as possible. Lately I have been hearing some smart remarks from people while waiting for the bus as well. I just ignore them and not let it bother me. Yes it does hurt inside to hear such things but it is best not to confront unless they are physically harming you then I would fight back to defend myself.

Hugs,

Suzie

Guest ~Brenda~

Honey,

You certainly do not want to provoke people who are already in a threatening posture. Let's refrain from using the finger... OK? If you can, try not to be alone. Always go somewhere with a friend.

Bully's are actually cowards, so they will go after the most vunerable. Having a friend with you will deter them.

I would report this incident to the police and file a formal complaint with them. You were assaulted. These people may get arrested immediately or they may not (depending upon various factors). Having a formal complaint on record will at least give the police information as to who to keep a closer eye on.

Love

Brenda

Guest Girl Emily

I agree with everyone. Your life is not worth the confrontation. I know most of us have experienced bullying and more as children and cannot stand it now as adults. But our safety is paramount; these aren't playground bullies. I live in Tijuana, Mexico and walk everywhere I go. I have learned to be observant and listen to my women's intuition, walk against traffic, away from buildings, and will go into a store if I believe I am being targeted.

I don't want my name called. I want to live, that's why I am doing all of this difficult work.

Huggs,

Guest sarah f

I only want to add one more thing to this and that is maybe you should get a can of pepper spray just in case they try to bully you again. One shot of this in their eyes and they will leave you alone. Like everyone else said just blow them off and try not to push the issue. Stay safe and protect yourself if you have to.

Love,

Sarah F