• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Using Intense Pulse Light (ipl) Photofacial

Guest KellyKat

Guest KellyKat

As I was looking for LHR (laser hair removal) in my area I found that they had this service as well. http://www.butterflylanding.net/id18.html This is the info from their site. Has anyone tried this before? And what were your results? I'm thinking this might be something good after hair removal is completed to shrink pores and soften skin. If not, what other choices are good - microdermabrasion, microcurrent, or anything else?

Thanx much, Kat :)

P.S. I do love this spas slogan - "Where you Emerge Transformed"!! But I think I may need a few more services than they provide!!! lol ;)

Luv Kat :)

Good morning Kat,

If your gonna have laser to remove your whiskers then wait

till your finished cos as a by product, the laser will do good stuff for your skin

anyway . If you want more mention that AFTER hair removal hun , you may be

happy tho as it is ,,,save money ??, ,,,,,luv,viv :)

Guest Elizabeth K

There were 'conditional provisions' in that advertising blurb. Especially disturbing was the statement it would take three tratments before ANY differences were apparent - how many more before significant results! Dang. $$$$$$

And yes - wait until after LASER or electrolysis. Also, HRT really changes your skin texture!

Lizzy

Guest KellyKat

Thanx Viv and Lizzy.

I was looking at this as something to look into after LHR and HRT. I don't want to put my cart before the horse, but I do have large unsightly pores. I'm just info shopping right now. My face is so masculine, it needs all the help it can get.

Guest Elizabeth K
Thanx Viv and Lizzy.

I was looking at this as something to look into after LHR and HRT. I don't want to put my cart before the horse, but I do have large unsightly pores. I'm just info shopping right now. My face is so masculine, it needs all the help it can get.

That makes sense - but my pores did close up somewhat on the HRT - I am hoping it keeps happening! No real 'china doll' face yet, but much better! Thaat hormone stuff is amazing! I guess that's what makes us men or women physically - well except for a few details - grin.

If ya try it later - let us know the results. We love info shoppers!

Lizzy

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, Kat!

I did a Google search and did some reading up on it....

Apparently there are lots of good things to be said for it.

It is costly , but, the results seem good.

But, as the others have said....let the HRT do it's number on you for a while first....

You may get much better results than you imagine!

I'm 13 months HRT and have been doing electrolysis for 40 hours...I'm going to do all of this first and then see where I stand....

And, thanks for the link...that was interesting~

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

I am going to agree with everyone about waiting until after the hair removal and wait for the HRT to take full effect.

I had (notice had) some pretty severe texture problems in my face from scarring with chicken pox - I slept face down in those days.

The texture of my skin is improving so rapidly that after only 7 months I can see and feel the difference.

Don't pay for something that the other treatments just might fix for you.

Love ya,

Sally

Ladies,,,,,,A by product of laser hair removal is improving ones skin condition .

Its like a freebie ,,a bonus . If you opt for laser over electro to have your

whiskers removed ya get good skin thrown in , FREE. luv,viv :)