• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Time's Fun When You're Havin' Flies...

Guest Jewel

Guest Jewel

Hello ladies, gents, and other lovely members here...

I'm a 38 year-old trans woman from Miami. I began my transition about 3.5 years ago and went full time about 1.5 years ago. I feel incredibly fortunate to be where I am today. I'm happy... truly happy... for perhaps the first time in my life. I've been lucky enough to have maintained all my friendships from before I transitioned - the outpouring of love and support I received from friends when I "came out" left me speechless and teary eyed. After fearing for so long how they would react to the news, and after reading so many heart-wrenching stories from other trans folks about the difficulties they faced in finding acceptance among friends, family, and coworkers, I feel truly blessed to have such wonderful people in my life.

But despite all of this, I find myself feeling a bit isolated. I've never really been part of the trans community locally. And all my friends locally are cisgender. I guess lately I've just wanted to connect with people who "get it" - with other trans people who can relate to the issues we must all deal with. This seems like such a friendly community. Sadly many transgender forums online are a bit prickly, contentious, and generally unwelcoming. But here I hear they bring you milk and cookies! ;)

It's a tiny pic and you can't tell much, but that's me in the avatar image.

I look forward to getting to know everyone better.

Jewel

• Root Admin

Hello Jewel,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. You are indeed fortunate to have support from family and friends. Sadly, most do not. One thing that everybody gets here is support. Members who ask for help will get it. That's what we do. :)

MaryEllen

Guest swee'pea

Hi Jewel,

<<hug>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have MTF meetings-Mon & Sat 9pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Guest Donna Jean

Well, Good morning, Jewel!

Welcome to the Playground!

I see that our treats reputation proceeds us!.....lol

Therefore, sit back and I'll get you a warm plate of Sally's cookies and a steaming hot cup of coco.....?

Now, if you would, please take a minute to read the forum rules...there's a link at the top of most pages...and we moderate this site t keep it safe for everyone!

You're gonna like it here....not too prickly and we DO care about our members!

We're not judgemental and you can just be yourself here..........................

It's so nice to have you!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Elizabeth K

I KNEW you would come back and introduce yourself! GRAND!

We need those of us who have made the sucessful transition - so many here are just starting out and are terrified.

So pretty - I am glad to see your avatar is real! You are a beauty.

Yes - other sites have some very contentious people - and I don't understand why. This is a protected site - no admirers, no bad guys - so we are a better place to relax and be ourselves, I think. Plus we support each other.

I am twice your age - full time except at work where they think I am a feminine married male, I think - but its hard to not be out - lost two jobs already doing that. I am pretty well along on HRT and have my surgery permission - a bunch of us old grey mares here! ha!

And several here have done a beautiful job of transitioning already.

So please join in with our friendly community.

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME

Lizzy

• Admin

Welcome to the Playground, Jewel.

It will be so nice to have you here, and hopefully you will feel comfortable contributing to the Forums. We need more

experienced folks to provide guidance to those who aren't as far along, or who are just thinking about transition.

Your picture does show a very lovely young lady. Welcome aboard!

Carolyn Marie

Guest KellyKat

Welcome Jewel!!

OK I love your title!! And as Riggs said to Uncle Benny "We havva tons of flied lice" - Leathal Weapon 4.

Enjoy, luv KK :)

Hello Jewel,

I am glad that Donna Jean got you some cookies and cocoa - I was having a little Internet crisis but the virtual ovens never shut down and all of the moderators know that there is always a fresh batch just about ready when a new member arrives.

So you are in Miami - do they film much of CSI:Miami there?

If so do you ever see David Caruso around town?

I know - Miami is a huge city and even when you do wonder across a set it is very hard to get near the actors - the best I ever managed was talking to Richard Grieco in Hawaii on a break from filming Marker - if anyone is old enough to remember him or that series.

So glad that you are here and I love the quote from Mr. K. Frog - He has so many others that I love as well in reference to Dom Delouise saying that he had to catch a plane, "With that tongue - no way!"

Welcome to the friendliest place on Earth.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Jewel

Hi Sally,

I'm pretty sure all the indoor stuff is filmed in California, but they include location shots from Miami. It's magic! :P

I've seen a few film crews around Miami over the years but not, AFAIK, from CSI:Miami. No David Caruso sightings, sadly. The next time I run into him I'll be sure to say "Hi" for you. heheh.

And for today's happy shiny link of muppety goodness:

Oh my!

Jewel you have made my day!

The Swedish Chef, Beaker and Animal in the same sketch with an afterword by Stattler and Waldorf - great!

I have a hunch you are going to love it here!

So here is another one!

Love ya,

Sally

• Admin
Glad to see another Floridian coming to dominate LP!

Harrumph! I'll wager a case of California oranges against Florida oranges any old day. :P And the original Disneyland is still

the best. You guys just copied it. :)

Carolyn Marie

Guest NadineB

Hi Jewel

love your avatar. Welcome new sister. I haven't been here long but people are very nice, lots of great advice, stories and lovely people around. I feel very much at home here, especially with those fattening cookies and coco. Would love to be your friend so you can send me some of that Florida heat. I will even trade you some Alaskan snow.

Luv Nadine

Guest KellyKat
Thanks Shane and Liz.

Oooh... Liz, I love your ID card in "About Me." I'm software developer these days, but am a former physicist. :)

Oh hey A-Liz does that make for 2 rocket scientists in the house?

Oy me little brain is feeling smaller already!! :huh:

Luv Kat :)

Guest Astro_Liz
I'm software developer these days, but am a former physicist. :)

Ok, NOW you really peaked my interest! If you say Astrophysics I will buy you dinner before my surgery in Miami next month! :lol:

Guest Jewel

Hahah... not astrophysics, sorry. I was an intern at SLAC... so particle physics. Though really I spent most of my timing writing data analysis software in MATLAB to help tune the beam. And I was a researcher at U of Miami - primarily nonlinear dynamics and plasma physics. More experimental than theoretical.

But all of that was back in the pliocene. :)