• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

An Inspirational, Androgynous Trendsetter

Guest Flistan

Guest Flistan

My mom picked me up from school today in one of her most personally expressive styles in a long time (although she hasn't been able to go clothes shopping for a while). She was really stylish, sort of punk in a Celtic/Irish dressy, classy way. She showed me this excerpt from an Oprah magazine on Patti Smith, a famous trendsetter and defier(is that a word? lol) of "popular" styles. I really admire her and love her style. She wears what she thinks is comfortable to her without thinking whether or not she fits in. Although I must say I have a liiiittle conscious voice in the back of my head about what everyone else would think, I feel like I can really connect to her statement. Hope this inspires you all to find yourself. :3

I really love her quote at the bottom- makes me think about myself and admire her more...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QKwwR3v3bcA/S2Dw...dora%5B1%5D.jpg (this is not my image- I was just glad to find it online. :3 )

I'm really glad of this coincidence- I try to keep the topic of my gender dysphoria away from Mom at the moment... ><

Anyone want to share their androgyne styles/places to shop?

I don't have much of anything yet, since I don't have money and never have the chance to buy clothes away from Mom (hopefully that will change over the summer! ^.^) but my favorite style that I have access to are my combat boots (from Goodwill btw), jeans, studded belt, sleeveless turtleneck ribbed sweater (also Goodwill), LOADS of steel and/or chained jewelry (lots of Final Fantasy stuff cuz I'm a dork...), slightly gelled hair or whatever... maybe some shades... On a normal day I just have blue jeans and a graphic, decorative, girl's t-shirt with neutral gray/black tones and either my converse rip-offs or my gangstah shoes. lol. (and my jewelry as always)

Favorite place to shop: rue21 (ALWAYS gives you coupons, not kidding)

Guest praisedbeherhooves
My mom picked me up from school today in one of her most personally expressive styles in a long time (although she hasn't been able to go clothes shopping for a while). She was really stylish, sort of punk in a Celtic/Irish dressy, classy way. She showed me this excerpt from an Oprah magazine on Patti Smith, a famous trendsetter and defier(is that a word? lol) of "popular" styles. I really admire her and love her style. She wears what she thinks is comfortable to her without thinking whether or not she fits in. Although I must say I have a liiiittle conscious voice in the back of my head about what everyone else would think, I feel like I can really connect to her statement. Hope this inspires you all to find yourself. :3

I really love her quote at the bottom- makes me think about myself and admire her more...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QKwwR3v3bcA/S2Dw...dora%5B1%5D.jpg (this is not my image- I was just glad to find it online. :3 )

I'm really glad of this coincidence- I try to keep the topic of my gender dysphoria away from Mom at the moment... ><

Anyone want to share their androgyne styles/places to shop?

I don't have much of anything yet, since I don't have money and never have the chance to buy clothes away from Mom (hopefully that will change over the summer! ^.^) but my favorite style that I have access to are my combat boots (from Goodwill btw), jeans, studded belt, sleeveless turtleneck ribbed sweater (also Goodwill), LOADS of steel and/or chained jewelry (lots of Final Fantasy stuff cuz I'm a dork...), slightly gelled hair or whatever... maybe some shades... On a normal day I just have blue jeans and a graphic, decorative, girl's t-shirt with neutral gray/black tones and either my converse rip-offs or my gangstah shoes. lol. (and my jewelry as always)

Favorite place to shop: rue21 (ALWAYS gives you coupons, not kidding)

I love Good Will! I also like the Garment District, a second hand store in Cambridge that sells clothes $1.25 a pound. No joke. With my style, I prefer tight jeans or dress pants, ordinary t-shirts, sneakers and a purple flannel shirt, suit jacket, and/or vest layered over my shirt. For accessories I have my huge belt buckle and my tie collection, as well as my hats (but I can't wear them to school). Sometimes I'll wear a pseudo-medieval style shirt.

• 3 months later...
Guest terra

Wow! You totally described the way i dress most of the time with the combat boot combo! I usually wear a pair of motorbike boots undone so they lopk kinda piratey with my whatever trousers i find in the morning tucked into them (it kinda helps a lot because it rains here like all the time and stops the bittom of your trousers getting soaked). Half fitting t shirt so its kinda tight around my shoulders a zippy hoodie and one of those desert skarfs which i hardly ever take off.

I've found that the best way to figure out what you wanna wear is to either not care/ not look at what your putting on or just find whatever is the comfiest, eventually it'll morph into you're own funky style.

Some of the best pkaces to shop can be second hand shops or thrift stores just to find that extra something to finnish it off. The ones at festivals are REALLY good for random stuff that takes your fancy.

Final fantasy rules, whats your favourate? Mine's nine

Terra x