• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

First Binder & A Job!

Guest kaos

I know I'm new here, but I just wanted to share that yesterday was one of the best days I have ever had, so far, bar none. I had a nice relaxful morning with my girl and then as I was getting ready to go catch the bus for my first job interview, of the day, and I saw that a package had arrived and so I let her know about it. And she said, "Oh, it's for you" With this BIG smile on her face. She bought me a binder!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god I was so excited and happy that I wanted to run right up to the apartment to put it on, but time did not allow that. So I went to the job interview absolutely beeming I'm sure and had what I think was a very successful interview. The job that they really like me for is going to be in a new department and so it has to be created first and that will take approximately 3-6 months. But they gave me a tour of the building and we really forth coming with information and so I feel really good about that prospect! And then I get back, struggle to get the binder on. (They weren't kidding when they said that it binds, it took her and I probably about 15 minutes just to pull it down over my shoulders so that I could put my arms down. lol I have no idea how people manage to do it by themselves! I would probably still be walking around with my arms stuck above my head. haha) But I put it on and it felt so good!! Wow! It was the first time that I had really looked in a mirror for a very long time, and I actually liked what I saw. And so I then walked down to my second interview and....wait for it....

I GOT THE JOB!!

I go to sign papers tomorrow, have orientation next Thursday and then officially start next Sunday! I am so psyched! I have been looking for so long! Finally I can start doing the things that I want and need to be doing! I cannot explain to you how good I feel right now!

Guest Just_Call_Me_Nick

That's Fantastic!!!!

Oh and thank you for the image stuck in my head now of you running around with your arms above your head...lol...yep we all been there...lol

Nick~

congratulations!!! that's great news! you're right about the binder thing, the first time i put one on i had to get my sister to help me :lol:

anyways, congratulations!!!

Drew

Congrats, man!

A possible tip on the binder: At least for me, it is much easier to put on my binder by stepping into it and pulling it up, instead of trying to put it on like a shirt. I don't know whether that works for everyone, but it might help you.

She got me a Double Compression Shirt from Underworks. I absolutley love it! It is very comfortable and everything. I fold up the bottom over the top to provide extra compression and to stop it from rolling up on me. I just can't put it on by myself. I tried stepping into it and I can't fit through the holes and sliding my legs through the arm holes did not give me any compression up top.

Congrats, that's awesome!

I use the same type of binder, and I wear it the same way. I remember that I used to have some difficulty putting it on, but it gets easier over time. It could also be possible that it is a size too small. When you get your next one try the next size up.

~Mani

sliding my legs through the arm holes did not give me any compression up top.

Dude, I didn't mean wearing it like that! I can imagine that being extraordinarily uncomfortable as well as ineffective. But yeah, I've seen the binder you're talking about. With that one, pretty much the only option is pulling it over your head. It'll get easier over time. For now I guess be glad that your girlfriend is willing to help you with it. :)