• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

San Diego Va Hospital Is The Best!

Guest Girl Emily

Yea!

I went to my primary care physician on Friday and we had a nice chat. She gave me the consult to Endocrinology and asked if I wanted a consult with speech pathology to help with my voice as well. I was really surprised at the latter.

The whole appointment went extremely well. When we first sat down she said she was familiar with why I was there. To which I asked "You read my last psychiatry notes?" She told me yes and so we went on from there without me having say I am transgendered. It is still difficult to say in person but, I will if it means I get the help I need. The nice thing about getting medical care in one place is my primary care doctor has to cross sign all the treatment notes from the different departments. She also said they where still working on finding a psychologist for me to meet with.

I am so excited! And so lucky to be in San Diego!!!

Huggs,

Well Emily,

I am so happy for you.

It seems like you have found a great place to live and transition.

I hope that your experiences stay this positive.

Love ya,

Sally

• Admin

Thanks for posting this, Emily. I'm sure it will help others in that area if they are vets.

I'm glad that you found a great place and good doctors. I hear a lot of bad stories about the VA, so its nice to know that some government institutions work

as intended.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Girl Emily

Caroline Marie,

I have been going to the SanDiego VA hospital for fifteen years now and have never had a problem that wasn't worked out satisfactorily. I have spoken to other vets who have used the VA in other states and the reviews were not so glowing as compared to San Diego. However, everyone has said that it is getting better everywhere, some faster, some slower.

The recent media coverage and better funding are making a difference (imho).

Huggs,

Guest Donna Jean

Emily....

Extremely good news!

I'm really glad that you're getting the care that you need.

One big problem across the country with the VA is not much standardization from one place to the next. You can get care that's not available to me. Heck, we all served in the same military...why can't we get the same care..

I had sour feelings from the VA myself...

I went to a VA hospital for Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam...

While they said that I had many dioxin related problems..they would not directly say that it was Agent Orange (a dioxin).

So, I got no care...

I had to have both of my hips replaced through my own insurance and I have lots of Auto-Immune related problems..

They'll never admit to the responsibility of Agent Orange related problems until all of us vets involved are long gone...

Maybe I should move to San Diego...I could use a little help!

You've struck a gold mine, Honey...stick with it!

LOVE

Donna Jean

Guest Girl Emily

Donna Jean,

I would love for you to move out here to San Diego ;-) It is terrible how unbalanced the treatment that Vets receive in different parts of the country. The disability rating boards are just as unbalanced in their decisions throughout the country. I have read some real horror stories of the Atlanta office where they removed supporting documents from the case files and then denied claims based on the lack of support. Criminal conduct imo.

Huggs,

Guest Donna Jean
Donna Jean,

I have read some real horror stories of the Atlanta office where they removed supporting documents from the case files and then denied claims based on the lack of support. Criminal conduct imo.

Huggs,

OMG!

Undoubtedly criminal conduct ...those are government records!

SHAME!

Donna Jean