• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My Introduction

Guest XxJessicaMitchellxX

Okay I messed up the first message (accidently deleted it) so I'm just going to make this one quick. I'm a gamer who is obviously an MTF transgender individual. I would love to start a transgender gamers thread or forum here. I hate the word Sweetie (unless you're talking about the british idiom for cigarette). The rest I'll mention later, now onto the questions.

- When did each of you start HRT?

- What are each of you's hobbies?

- Are there any good internet Transgender Therapists?

- How long does it usually take to get HRT started?

- Did anyone else here lurk for a while before officially joining?

More questions later but this'll be it for now.

Okay I messed up the first message (accidently deleted it) so I'm just going to make this one quick. I'm a gamer who is obviously an MTF transgender individual. I would love to start a transgender gamers thread or forum here. I hate the word Sweetie (unless you're talking about the british idiom for cigarette). The rest I'll mention later, now onto the questions.

- When did each of you start HRT? August 18, 2009

- What are each of you's hobbies? Photography, writing poetry, playing trumpet, listening to music, traveling and baking.

- Are there any good internet Transgender Therapists? I am not sure

- How long does it usually take to get HRT started? It depends on how long it takes for your therapist to feel comfortable that you are emotionally ready.

- Did anyone else here lurk for a while before officially joining? Yes, some up to several months!

Now it is time for a question of my own....Would you like some cookies and a cup of hot cocoa?

Have you read the forum rules, there is a link at the top of almost every page.

Would you like to be a part of the family?

Would you like for me to stop answering everything in the form of a question Mr. Trebek?

Welcome to the forums, we do like to have fun whenever possible.

Love ya,

Sally

Now it is time for a question of my own....Would you like some cookies and a cup of hot cocoa?

Have you read the forum rules, there is a link at the top of almost every page.

Would you like to be a part of the family?

Would you like for me to stop answering everything in the form of a question Mr. Trebek?

Welcome to the forums, we do like to have fun whenever possible.

Love ya,

Sally

Sorry I'm still learning, I'm not a huge reader either and while I didn't look at the rules rest assured I will from now on just to make sure everything's peachy keen. Okay? ... Okay.

You are doing just fine, it is my job to point out the rules - you haven't broken any and I loved your questions in the introduction!

I think that you are going to like it here.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest swee'pea

Hi Jessica,

<<hug>>

Welcome to Laura's Playground.

Please feel free to come over and chat sometime.

The Chat room does require another registration that is separate from from your forums one.

Please read the chat room rules before coming in, and expect a short interview with one of the chat room moderators.

One of the things that they will ask you is if you read the rules. :)

We have MTF meetings-Mon & Sat 9pm est, and you are welcome to attend.

We all look forward to seeing you.

:wub: vanna

Guest Donna Jean
Welcome to the Playground, Honey!

It's so nice to have you!

- When did each of you start HRT? Feb 26, 2009

- What are each of you's hobbies? Flight simulation!

- Are there any good internet Transgender Therapists? Yes there are...we have several on our "Therapists" page!

- How long does it usually take to get HRT started? About three months on average..

- Did anyone else here lurk for a while before officially joining? Many lurked...me too...But so many belong now!

Bring on the questions, Hon...there is no problem here answering here!

Relax and enjoy!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

- When did each of you start HRT? June 5, 2008

- What are each of you's hobbies? Gardening, bicycling, cooking, NASCAR, computer geek

- Are there any good internet Transgender Therapists? http://www.lauras-playground.com/gender_therapists.htm

- How long does it usually take to get HRT started? Usually a minimul 3 months therapy, it does vary

- Did anyone else here lurk for a while before officially joining? I lurked about a week before i joined.

Welcome Jessica, glad you joined us, seems you might have allot more questions you would like to ask, so ask away, after 5 posts you can private messaging (pm) others. There is a games and gaming topic under the Entertainment forum you can post to or make your own topic.

HUGS!!

Paula

• Admin

- When did each of you start HRT? Two months and two days ago, but who'se counting? :P

- What are each of you's hobbies? Deep sea fishing, amateur astronomy, travel and reading,

- Are there any good internet Transgender Therapists? Some members have reported good results with theirs.

- How long does it usually take to get HRT started? Usually three months, but some in as little as 2-3 weeks.

- Did anyone else here lurk for a while before officially joining? Sure, lots.

I look forward to reading more of your ques...I mean posts. :) Have fun, and good luck with your gamers thread idea.

Carolyn Marie

Guest Charlene_Leona

Hello Jessica

It's so nice to see another Missouri Soul here on Laura's I live in University City just outside of Saint Louis. But welcome to the board and were glad to have you here. Feel free to ask whatever you need to we will do our part to help you out the best that we can. You will find this a very loving and supportive place and we will try to watch the sweetie thing but that's going to be hard on our part because we all are a bunch of sweet people that just want to help. I guess you are probably are coming out of the gay community where that term is despised but it is not in the Trans community. Once you get to 5 post you will be able to PM people please drop me a PM when you can I would love to chat with you some more one on one. I'm working on pulling together some of the local girls and guy's that are here to do things out in the real world together so we can support each other there as well. you will find it's so nice to have friends in the real world that are going through the same things you are. I am 3 1/2 years into transition and will be going for SRS so i hope bit I want to help where I can.

Take Care

Charlene Leona

Guest Elizabeth K

- When did each of you start HRT? December 10, 2008

- What are each of you's hobbies? Antiques (kerosene lamps especially - also retro-jewelry) Genealogy (ummmm - what am I gonna put down for me?) and SHOPPING (girl shopping now - what I really should have been able to do my entire life!)

- Are there any good internet Transgender Therapists? Some people say so - I live in a big city and have a great therapist here

- How long does it usually take to get HRT started? Depends on how you and your therapist work together - if diagnosed transsexual, right after that. Third visit for me, but I am rather obvious

- Did anyone else here lurk for a while before officially joining? Actually - no. I was on Laura's looking for a therapist (see the home page here) and saw "forum" so took a look - registered - made this meek little introduction of myself - got hooked!

So welcome!

We look forward to you adding about a million other questions!

Lizzy

Sorry I haven't been on much lately I'm just not much of a forum goer any more, because people on most other forums haven't exactly been polite to me (not homophobic just picking on the weaker people). No one here is like that as far as I've noticed though. Anyway I have a few more questions then I'll be on gone from the intorduction page onto the main pages.

- Do any of you have friends whom are also transgender?

- At what age did all of you start your transitions?

- Ever been a gamer?

- At what # of years did you stop taking hormones if at all (when it was completed)?

- What is the best age to start taking hormones? My opinion is that I'm past the right age but what do you guys think?

Guest Donna Jean
Sorry I haven't been on much lately I'm just not much of a forum goer any more, because people on most other forums haven't exactly been polite to me (not homophobic just picking on the weaker people). No one here is like that as far as I've noticed though.

That's right, Honey...and there won't be any of that stuff here! We moderate this place to keep it safe...no one will pick on you here or be mean....

Anyway I have a few more questions then I'll be on gone from the introduction page onto the main pages.

Oh, yes! All of my best friends are Transgendered! I have other friends that aren't, but my inner circle is Trans!

Age 59..(gotcha!)

- Ever been a gamer?

Yup, but, probably not what you'd play!

- At what # of years did you stop taking hormones if at all (when it was completed)?

Once you start hormones...it's never completed..you take them for the rest of your life!

- What is the best age to start taking hormones? My opinion is that I'm past the right age but what do you guys think?

Don't know your age...But, I can guarantee that you're not past the age...

We all started at....

Me 59

Lizzy 60

Sally 57

Carolyn 56

I'm willing to bet you're not any older than any of us...LOL...

LOVE

Donna Jean

Sorry I haven't been on much lately I'm just not much of a forum goer any more, because people on most other forums haven't exactly been polite to me (not homophobic just picking on the weaker people). No one here is like that as far as I've noticed though. Anyway I have a few more questions then I'll be on gone from the intorduction page onto the main pages. You do not need to worry about that here

- Do any of you have friends whom are also transgender? sure do a great many, my partner is FtM and our house guests are both MtF

, lots of friends from Laura's and a bunch from my monthly trans group

- At what age did all of you start your transitions? age 56

- Ever been a gamer? sure if pac man counts

- At what # of years did you stop taking hormones if at all (when it was completed)? After srs anti-androgens can be reduced or eliminated and estrogen dosage will be reduced, but you have to take it for the rest of your life.

- What is the best age to start taking hormones? My opinion is that I'm past the right age but what do you guys think? The best age is as young as you can, but at age 57 i have gotten dramatic results, it is really never too late to transition.

Paula

Sorry I haven't been on much lately I'm just not much of a forum goer any more, because people on most other forums haven't exactly been polite to me (not homophobic just picking on the weaker people). No one here is like that as far as I've noticed though.

That's right, Honey...and there won't be any of that stuff here! We moderate this place to keep it safe...no one will pick on you here or be mean....

Anyway I have a few more questions then I'll be on gone from the introduction page onto the main pages.

Oh, yes! All of my best friends are Transgendered! I have other friends that aren't, but my inner circle is Trans!

Age 59..(gotcha!)

- Ever been a gamer?

Yup, but, probably not what you'd play!

Once you start hormones...it's never completed..you take them for the rest of your life!

Don't know your age...But, I can guarantee that you're not past the age...

We all started at....

Me 59

Lizzy 60

Sally 57

Carolyn 56

I'm willing to bet you're not any older than any of us...LOL...

LOVE

Donna Jean

I'm 19

There's a few things I forgot to ask about though... and those are as follows

-How happy are most of you?

- I've heard about the tenderness and pain you get around the breast area after several weeks but how painful is it? Does it compare to the pain you probably get from a twisted back, or even a broken toe, or pobably more aptly the pain you get after labioplasty?

- What were your names before you legally changed them?

- What is your favorite music genre (or genres).

- Is anyone here vain at times? I'm sad to say I feel that way at times because my hatred of my body has always been made abundantly clear but now I'm starting to lose weight (I'm a former 250 lber) for this change and it's quite likely I will be 150 by the end of it all (weight training and HRT). That is according to an estimated guess I made though as a matter of fact I am not exactly perfect at math. That is about it for the ranting (not the questions though) and the question was does anyone ever feel vain?

- Is anyone here ever on youtube (I go there to get an idea of how I might look by looking at some of the transwomen there I've even befriended one of the youtube transwomen)?

- Is it terribly shamefull to want to hide the fact that you (the figurative you) were born a man or woman?

- Is it extremely hard to develop a female voice for someone like me who has trouble controlling the tone and volume of their voice at times?

&

- Is it terribly dangerous to live on the campus of a university? I ask this because I'm going to be going to one at least 12 months after the change.

That's it I am officially done thank you for your time and please give each question as much time as you can even ones in the post before this one.