• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Photographic Height / Weight Chart

Guest Jewel

Guest Jewel

I was chatting with a friend the other day. She was very upset about her weight. She's at a perfectly healthy weight, but has a hard time accepting that... she's trans and feels like her weight is "much higher than what a cis woman would weigh at my height." Nonsense!

Women and men come in such a wide variety of shapes and sizes... the media enforces this stereotype that all women must be rail-thin in order to be beautiful. And for that matter, men are always made to look tall... even if the photographer needs them to stand on a box next to their tall wife in order to maintain that illusion! But words aren't so convincing. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand of 'em.

Anyway, I think it helped to show her this site. It's a great resource where men and women of all different height/weight combinations contribute pictures of themselves to form a chart. Want to see a 240 lbs 6' tall woman? Or a 5'3" 150 lbs man? I think it's a great way to keep things in perspective. There is no one "correct weight" for your height. Find what works for you and what keeps you healthy and happy.

Photographic Height / Weight Chart

Guest Donna Jean

Hey, Hon!

That site is a lot of fun, and very eye opening!

I started looking at it and totally forgot to approve your post sitting there....my bad...

Thanks for for this...it's way cool!

Donna Jean

Gee thanks - I have even farther to go than I thought - I had been happy for about 15 seconds today - bummer!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest KellyKat

DANG no 6'5'' girls to compare too. lol :mellow:

The 6'4'' lady at 160lbs gives me a idea of my goal though!!

I'm 6'5'' and shooting for the 180 mark.

So far 65 down - 85 to go!!

Sally I might have to lay off on your cookies!! lol :o

Salad anyone? <_<

Luv Kat :)