• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Woof Woof (the Pet Topic :p )

Guest Selkia

Guest Selkia

Hi everyone thought id just see what kinda pets everyone has

^__^ I just love animals their so amazing. anywho Ill get started with my pets

1.Garret(Male sheltie)

Hes just a crazy dog he knows over 30 tricks and he will sing we will rock you on command,

he loves walks and attacking random objects, Ive had him since i was 10, and I love him oh so much.

2. Berty and betty

They are my two hermit crabs.

3. Jake (Male sheltie)

Jake was my first dog he is accaully garrets uncle, I use to ride him like a horse when I was a kid.

he was very protective of me.

4. skeeter(Male German sheperd)

Skeeter was one of the dogs I adopted. He was a very active boy his fav things to do was fetch and tug-a-war

very smart boy, with a beautiful coat, very kind and loving..sadly when he use to be a guard dog, he bit a teen who was taunting and throwing stuff at him daily. and the teens parents complained and skeeter had to be put down.

5. Milo(male daushhound)

Milo is a real tough dog, he likes to play fight with all the really big dogs. xD hes alittle trouble maker but i still love him.

Well that was my small list of some of the pets I have

I dont have pics of all of them because I dont have a scanner sadly but the 1st pic is of Garrett.

Hope to read all about your pets :) and post pics of them if you can!

Guest Donna Jean

Oh my goodness....this is fun!

Garret sounds like fun and Berty and Betty are awesome!!

I have "Riley the Wonder Dog".....

Got him as a pup from the pound (bailed him outta jail!)

Now, I said that when we first got him that his ears were too big and that he looked like an Argentineian Fruit Bat...

(Click on the pics to make them bigger!)

But, he grew up to become a Wonder Dog (fortunately) and became more and more handsome!

Like this:

He's the best dog ever!

(He's got Lasers for eyes, too!)

He's 2 1/2 now and I've put him through obedience training

He has 5 acres to run on and he's never chained up, never leaves his property and knows his A-B-C's.... (well...ok....)

Keeps the Ground Hogs and deer away from the garden...and takes care of his 5 cat housemates!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Guest Selkia
Oh my goodness....this is fun!

Garret sounds like fun and Berty and Betty are awesome!!

I have "Riley the Wonder Dog".....

Got him as a pup from the pound (bailed him outta jail!)

Now, I said that when we first got him that his ears were too big and that he looked like an Argentineian Fruit Bat...

(Click on the pics to make them bigger!)

But, he grew up to become a Wonder Dog (fortunately) and became more and more handsome!

Like this:

He's the best dog ever!

(He's got Lasers for eyes, too!)

He's 2 1/2 now and I've put him through obedience training

He has 5 acres to run on and he's never chained up, never leaves his property and knows his A-B-C's.... (well...ok....)

Keeps the Ground Hogs and deer away from the garden...and takes care of his 5 cat housemates!

HUGGS!

Donna Jean

Garret is really fun ^^

and Riley is such a cutie when he was a puppy, and he has sure grown into a hansome boy!

Though i might wanna watch out for those laser eyes :P

glad to hear the Riley has alot of land to run on, hate to see dogs cooped up in a small place.

Garrett is never chained up either we dont even have fence he always stays on our land.

he doesnt really protect against deers but he does dive into the water and catch fish and bring them home. xD as well as he attacks and eats flys.

~Sel

I have no pets now but as a child I had a number of small pets - no dogs or cats lots of short term pets like goldfish and box turtles sold from department stores, I had a parakeet named Tippie but he was not too healthy when I got him and he only lived to be one and a half years old - Igot him when he was already 10 months old - my sister had a parakeet named Bimbi who lived until the age of 17.

I later had a 30 gallon aquarium with some rather expensive and beautiful fish, I had them for about 11 months until I had a vacation and the automatic feeder had failed on the first day of a two week vacation - I have never owned another pet since - I do love animals but their survival rate around me is horrible.

The closest thing to a survival for a pet in my care was a rather large snapping turtle that I found along the road side, I had my mother stop the car (I was only 5) - he was obviously hurt or ill because he hardly moved as I approached and as I picked him up just barely in front of his hind legs (a bad idea even this far back with a good sized snapper that could have taken off a finger without any trouble) - we put him in the trunk and took him home - how he had gotten to the area he was in because it was getting a lot of traffic and building up and not safe for him.

We kept him in a metal basin in our backyard and and feed him, when he became healthy and it was obvious from his attitude about being in a small environment so we carefully took him to a wildlife preserve (actually designated as a bird sanctuary - but all animals are protected) and I watched as Excalibur disappeared into the tall reeds - this pet of two months was the only pet that I believe lead a normal life span.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Nicodeme

I don't have any pets that are all my own right now, but my girlfriend's cat is partly named after me, and come summer Ryan and I will be living together, so I consider her partly my kitty. Her full name is Indie Edith Ludovic Sparkles III...but she goes by Indie Edith Ludovic for short. :P

(You'll have to excuse my girlfriend's terribly short hair in this first one. She had to get it buzzed off for a job interview.)

l_ddddb301c6749f86b996b2bfab3e75db.jpg

l_4c861adea27a7d9570998a98d90c8588.jpg

That's when she was a baby. She's much bigger now. And Ryan's mom made her get the poor thing declawed...Ryan's living with her mom right now and Diane was going to pretty much put both of them out in the street if Indie still had her claws. :[ We're both furious about it...can't imagine how Indie feels. And declawed cats tend to get neurotic, (not only from the pain caused by the damage it does but also because when cats lose their claws they get ill at ease and don't feel like they have the same bearing on the terrain as they did before) and Indie's already pretty nutty. Luckily I've had every kind of cat imaginable (I even had a cat who I strongly suspect was trans. [And yeah, cats can be transgender.] Her name was Iggy and she was the sweetest little thing. Every morning I'd come to check her food and when I bent over to do it she'd stand up on her hind legs and give me little kittykisses. :3) so I can probably handle it.

Oddly enough, Iggy and Indie are dead ringers for each other.

• 1 month later...
Guest ChalenAustin

This is so exciting!

I have 4 pugs. I work in dog breed rescue and they all came from there.

A beautiful kitten I found wandering all alone lost in the city.

2 fat bunny rabbits, brother and sister I rescued from someone who was going to use them as snake food when they funked a rabbit show.

2 budgie birds I kinda inherited from my Papa who passed away 2 days ago last year that I'll probably never part with.

And a corgi! Placed his brother and sister with two very nice fmailies but he just had to saty with me!

I don't have pictures but when I get one my one pug Juliette (light of my whole life) will probably be my new Avator.

Maybe I'll make it a family photo!

Guest Shiratori

I have a cat and 4 rats.

The cat is called Charlie. She adopted my brother and his (now ex) girlfriend but now lives with us.

The rats are Ford (the sandy coloured one with the curly fur), Kirk (the sandy coloured one with pink eyes), Picard (the albino one) and Sisko (the one with the "wild rat" colouring).

Dust bunnies! They're shy - no pics. But gotta feed them or they get angry.

The invisible cob webber. I know it's there.

And one cat named Precious, Speed Bump, Roadblock, Lap Lizard, and other terms of endearment (especially in the dark of night when she bites you for bumping into her.)

I once lived in an apartment filled with spiders. Was really afraid of spiders having grown up where there were black widows everywhere. But these were big spindly-legged majestic creatures. Had to love them. I concluded that the apartment belonged to them not me - I was just their guest. So, who's the pet?

Meow! Kat

Guest Tammy Maher

I have 3 dogs. Everytime I come home from college at the end of each quarter I'm "attacked" by these three...

Jenna (Beasty Dawg), Belgium Shepard, about 80 lbs

Jenna

---

Winston (Stoner), Unknown, 20 lbs

Stoner

---

Rafiki (Fiki), some type of poodle mix, 12 lbs

Fiki

---

So I get mobbed by that.

^^/