• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good And Bad

Guest Sotha

Guest Sotha

I'll give you the bad first.

In the appointment with my LCSW on Thursday, she sent some messages out asking about transgender-specializing therapists who can actually treat me (because I'm a minor, and they're in Kaiser). She was to leave a message on my mother's cell phone (because that was the one in the contact info) when she got some replies.

Well, she did, and she left the message. But, my mom was distracted, and she accidentally deleted it without extracting any valuable information. I will have to call the LCSW back to ask her to call me back (on my cell this time) and repeat the message, but I can't do it until Monday because the clinic call centers are closed on the weekends. :banghead:

Finally starting to make some progress, and it's all delayed again.

I do have some good new however. I wasn't fooling you.

I got a 2230 on the SAT Reasoning Test.

Guest Sotha

I suppose the fact that I'm actually making progress, and I should be able to see a (hopefully) good therapist who can actually help me sometime soon. It's just frustrating. I'm moving forward, but it's at a snail's pace when I'd much rather it be at a brisk walk.

• Admin

Wow, Sotha, if everyone answered their own posts what would we Mods do? "twiddles thumbs" Find another job, I guess. ;)

You'll find that the road to transition is full of little potholes that won't destroy your tires, but will make you danged irritable, and give you

a pain in the neck besides.

Its just a couple of days, hon. You'll be back on the smooth road in no time at all.

And gratz on the test scores. You are one smart young lady! I'll probably be working for you some day! :)

Carolyn Marie

Guest Sotha
Wow, Sotha, if everyone answered their own posts what would we Mods do? "twiddles thumbs" Find another job, I guess. ;)

What? You're here to answer our posts?

I thought you were here to seep unseemly amounts of over-syrupy love and optimism on everything you touch...

On the other hand, I had accepted that I wouldn't be able to anything until Monday, but my mother kept trying to get me to do things... check my message center on the Kaiser site, which she got mad at me about when I couldn't find it even though I don't actually gain access to it until I'm 18... look in the Kaiser book to see if the West Covina center is listed under a different name because it doesn't come up on the site (because she wanted to try to find a doctor who the LCSW said could work with me, but she deleted the message before she got his full name, so all we have is a Michael in West Covina. I'd rather just wait until Monday). And then she told me to accept that I will just have to wait... Is that not backwards?

Guest Sotha

Okay, I was fine with having to wait for the weekend, but now I'm frustrated.

I just the appointment center at my LCSW therapist's facility (because they are closed on weekends), and the lady was really nice and helpful, and I was able to leave a message, but the LCSW will not be back until the 12th.

April 12! I was fine waiting three days, but ten, just to hear her message? That is frustrating.

My therapist search has already lasted five months. I heard enough of the message to know she found someone in Kaiser who is able to work with minors and has experience in transgender issues. I should have been able to set up an appointment with them today, but no. Now I will likely have to wait until next Monday. Looks like my Spring Break is going to go to waste in that regard.

The nice appointment center lady was nice enough to translate my message into a text message which she sent to the LCSW therapist through the kp.org message center. (I would have done it myself, but I won't be allowed to access it until I'm 18.) I just hope she'll get the message before she returns to work.

Guest Sotha

I decided that, while I was waiting for the LCSW to get back to me, I would try and call the facility she mentioned in the portion of the message my mom recieved and try to find the therapist she said could work with me based off the portion of the name my mom heard.

I found him, but, as with the therapist I found on the Internet, he only works with adults. I told the lady my therapist who recommended him to me was recommended him by the director of that facility, and she said she would check with her supervisor about it. She called me back after a day, and told me...

Her supervisor is on vacation until next Monday.

I just don't know what to do. Should I try and see the endocrinologist who was listed with the lady I found on the Internet who only works with adults, who my therapist is going to get back to me about as well to see if he'd be willing to prescribe me hormone blockers (since they are listed as a fully reversible therapy in the SOC and require no letter, only consent) or do anything? I may have to wait until next Monday to do anything, which would mean my entire Spring Break will have been wasted. 

Should I be starting new threads for these updates?

Guest Donna Jean
I just don't know what to do. Should I try and see the endocrinologist who was listed with the lady I found on the Internet who only works with adults, who my therapist is going to get back to me about as well to see if he'd be willing to prescribe me hormone blockers (since they are listed as a fully reversible therapy in the SOC and require no letter, only consent) or do anything? I may have to wait until next Monday to do anything, which would mean my entire Spring Break will have been wasted. 

Should I be starting new threads for these updates?

Whose consent would they require? Just yours?

Or would your mom have to sign consent forms?

The sooner that you halt puberty, the better!

Donna Jean